Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see how it can avoid getting worse. We are just starting to see effects here in the US.

I think it’s growing obvious that the US is not prepared at all for what’s coming. So, by April (or sooner) it would not surprise me to see the DJIA go below 19000, perhaps significantly lower, and I expect the macro situation to drag down TSLA by a corresponding amount.

I think it’s growing obvious that the US is not prepared at all for what’s coming. So, by April (or sooner) it would not surprise me to see the DJIA go below 19000, perhaps significantly lower, and I expect the macro situation to drag down TSLA by a corresponding amount.
I don't think so. I think this is more like a 9/11 shock. It's expensive and deadly and demoralizing, but we'll get through it with time. But what do I know?*

* rhetorical question

Why not wait until the end of the month to place this bet? Are you worried that the premium will be higher?

Who knows what will happen the next couple of weeks. News of Model Y deliveries will probably not move the stock much.

I am in the belief that the US govt will step in over the weekend or mid next week and push everything a bit higher, making this Friday potentially the best entry point, and allowing me to be in the ocean before the wave hits. A recovery to 720s could surge calls 40-50%.

I think that Tesla will be one of the few sources of strength prior to April 1 due to the support it has received during this volatility despite its recent rampage.

And I like the timeframe to back out at 40-70% losses if there is a near term macro apocolypse versus a later bet that will literally burn to the ground if I’m wrong.

But please this is all like...I’m probably setting money on fire.

That being said if P&D is good while every other auto and tech mfg is downgrading Tesla becomes a shining star.

I am in the belief that the US govt will step in over the weekend or mid next week and push everything a bit higher, making this Friday potentially the best entry point, and allowing me to be in the ocean before the wave hits. A recovery to 720s could surge calls 40-50%.

I think that Tesla will be one of the few sources of strength prior to April 1 due to the support it has received during this volatility despite its recent rampage.

And I like the timeframe to back out at 40-70% losses if there is a near term macro apocolypse versus a later bet that will literally burn to the ground if I’m wrong.

But please this is all like...I’m probably setting money on fire.

That being said if P&D is good while every other auto and tech mfg is downgrading Tesla becomes a shining star.
I agree....people have to put their money somewhere....and under the coach aint it.
Once the panic clears from folk's eyes they "should" see one company growing like crazy with plans for several more gigfactory's.
Might as well put money on a winner!

I've taken a larger cash position than ever before, (since 2007 at least). I hope I'm over reacting but I don't like the signs I'm seeing.

This is just my humble opinion, but the worst financial crises we've been through frequently had to do with the financial sector. The 1930 bank run and 2008 mortgage crisis for example. Times like this are hard but we'll be ok because as long as the banks are still good, we still have the backbone to finance a recovery.

Last edited:
Investors need to step back and look at the long term situation... there is one very simple question...

What companies have a better future- companies aligned to the future like Tesla, or companies tied heavily to Fossil Fuels which represent the past?

The short term macro situation is masking and accelerating the longer term transition, but IMO I'm already on the right side of this bet, as are all of us.

Short term we don't know where things are going, long term i'm very confident we do.

Short term I would not recommend a risky bet on anything including TSLA.

Correct. In speech he indicated that trade would still continue.

OK, I didn't listen direct, but CNN has this quote:

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing."​

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
EU travel ban is not a bad strategy. This is the only way to prevent unexpected pop up of new cases. Basically first prevent movements and then contain the known cases. I would have hoped that even within the country they stopped certain activities but I guess they are relying on local authorities to manage that.

IMO tourism is the real loser here, both long and short term, especially cruise ships and airlines.

You have to wonder if a new industry in immersive 3-D tourism experiences involving web-cams etc, will emerge. It isn't the same experience, but it will be cheaper, lower risk and more convenient, especially for older travellers...

I did most of my travel prior to age 35, that group of travellers are largely unaffected by this kind of change... older retired travellers are.. health risks are a big consideration....