Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I didn't listen direct, but CNN has this quote:

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing."​

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing. These restrictions will also not apply to the United Kingdom," Trump added."

The context is that trade will not be affected. Trump is not the best at forming sentences. The entire quote gives it more clues to what he is actually trying to say.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: gene and Dr. J
I'm uh just going to be over here holding my SPY puts. If these SPY 1/2021 $110P actually reach the money then I'll be able to retire during the bottom of the Great Depression. Wouldn't that be ironic.
I took your advise a week or two later and bought a few puts, but they were already at 40 cents and now 2.50. I hope they expire worthless and I can wisely sell some time value. I’d guess the market will decline another 10%, but I leave room for the administration to further botch our response.

I am beyond words at this point...but of course, I will still try.

This is a massive and catastrophic failure in terms of US government response. It is not hard to see that they are (he is) focused on the markets and not the human costs of this disaster. There will be significant consequences for both.

The markets, business, and industries will not be reassured by the BS I heard this evening. Would anyone?

For now, I am not buying and definitely not selling. TSLA is still the safest harbor and Tesla is the best hope for our future.
The sky is darkening and this storm is going to last a good long while...

I am beyond words at this point...but of course, I will still try.

This is a massive and catastrophic failure in terms of US government response. It is not hard to see that they are (he is) focused on the markets and not the human costs of this disaster. There will be significant consequences for both.

The markets, business, and industries will not be reassured by the BS I heard this evening. Would anyone?

For now, I am not buying and definitely not selling. TSLA is still the safest harbor and Tesla is the best hope for our future.
The sky is darkening and this storm is going to last a good long while...
I agree...but...how much more can people really panic? I am flying my 90 year old mother back to our home town tomorrow.
The pilot forums I lurk are full of doom and gloom. But how much can we as a society panic?

I certainly have not seen anything like this in my 64 years.

Futures down 4% (Asia markets down big right now too). Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath.

FWIW: a global travel ban was needed months ago with a complete China travel shutdown. But of course the globalists wanted to keep things moving, Virus be dammed.

Now, probably too late unless there is a globally coordinated travel ban.

Last edited:
I agree...but...how much more can people really panic? I am flying my 90 year old mother back to our home town tomorrow.
The pilot forums I lurk are full of doom and gloom. But how much can we as a society panic?

I certainly have not seen anything like this in my 64 years.

Sorry if I sounded in a panic- I am not. The growing fear in the community is palpable. I was trying to convey my anger and disgust with how much worse this has been made by denial, inaction, and incompetence. You are about the same age as me. I also have never seen anything like this. We will all get through this storm.

Travel ban from Europe when the virus is all over the US now is just stupid.

dont agree. Many of cases have been from folks coming back from Europe. We had 5 in Collier county that came back from Italy (separate travelers).

btw: 200 Italians died yesterday from the virus ....that’s a big number and why I believe ban is justified.

Last edited:
NBA suspends their season (player on Jazz tested for virus).

Already, NCAA Tournament teams will play games in empty arenas.

NCAA won't have their tournament either once a player(s) tests positive and that is sure to happen. Same for other leagues like the NHL since not only does the whole team get quarantined when a player tests positive but teams you recently played have to do the same.

With each passing day and the increase in people's concern I wonder how many Tesla Model Y buyers for example are going to defer delivery until things settle down. Fortunately for every person that puts off delivery there is another buyer anxious to move into the delivery queue.