Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW:
I believe the market will react to the actions taken by Spain, France and Germany this weekend (and a few others) plus the announcement this weekend of the closing of schools and businesses throughout the USA.

IMO: the market has not fully baked in the economic hits of these latest moves. Thus, the slide down and bumpiness of the markets will continue.

Not advice but be careful out there.

Btw: Printing money is just for the financial system and will do minimal for the consumer (ie the latest low rates have not flowed down completely to the consumer in the mortgage world).

Negative rates were not good for Japan and Europe. But then again Powell is crazy and he's being ridden all the time by his boss so maybe we'll see negative rates in the US for the first time ever.
I agree. Pumping money only helps those who have assets. The ones who really need help now are working class hit hardest by the economy shutdown

So UK is looking at advising senior citizens to self isolate for 4 months in the next few weeks. House viewings are down 50% in the UK. Anyone think that BMW will have 50% fewer orders over the next 4 months? Who is gonna want to spend 2 hours opposite a salesman specifying a car during a pandemic? Ordering a Tesla on-line - yet another moat.

At least here in Los Angeles most dealerships have an internet manager where you can order a car online and do all the negotiations and "paperwork" online.

Never heard of home delivery for the car but for a $20k-$200k sale I think they would rather than lose a sale.

Reactions: JusRelax
Germany tries to stop US from luring away firm seeking coronavirus vaccine
Germany’s Health Ministry confirmed a report in newspaper Welt am Sonntag, which said President Donald Trump had offered funds to lure the company CureVac to the United States.

Berlin is trying to stop Washington from persuading a German company seeking a coronavirus vaccine to move its research to the United States, prompting German politicians to insist no country should have a monopoly on any future vaccine.​

German source: Corona: USA will Zugriff auf deutsche Impfstoff-Firma - WELT

If USA do this or similar I don't think I'm the only Europeean who will stop buying anything made in the USA. Including Tesla cars.

For a powerful country to grab a C19 vaccine and only allow it to be sold to Americans and not caring about the rest of the people on Earth is the lowest of the lowest I can think of right now.

Is USA trying to provoke a new trade war in the middle of the virus tragedy?

I'm shocked!

I guess my blood pressure wasn't pretty writing this. :rolleyes:

When I google I find this story on many German news sites with familiar names like Die Zeit, Der Spiegel and ZDF. But I'm not German so I don't really know these papers. And cannot properly assess this story. Perhaps some of my German friends here could enlighten us?

And I hope my American friends and all of us here can twist our politicans ears if they do try to behave like Bond villains.

Ps! Haven't sold any TSLA so far!

Germany tries to stop US from luring away firm seeking coronavirus vaccine
Germany’s Health Ministry confirmed a report in newspaper Welt am Sonntag, which said President Donald Trump had offered funds to lure the company CureVac to the United States.

Berlin is trying to stop Washington from persuading a German company seeking a coronavirus vaccine to move its research to the United States, prompting German politicians to insist no country should have a monopoly on any future vaccine.​

German source: Corona: USA will Zugriff auf deutsche Impfstoff-Firma - WELT

If USA do this or similar I don't think I'm the only Europeean who will stop buying anything made in the USA. Including Tesla cars.

For a powerful country to grab a C19 vaccine and only allow it to be sold to Americans and not caring about the rest of the people on Earth is the lowest of the lowest I can think of right now.

Is USA trying to provoke a new trade war in the middle of the virus tragedy?

I'm shocked!

I will immediately stop buying Norwegian smoked salmon,Danish ham in a can, and stop shopping at Ikea.

I guess my blood pressure wasn't pretty writing this. :rolleyes:

When I google I find this story on many German news sites with familiar names like Die Zeit, Der Spiegel and ZDF. But I'm not German so I don't really know these papers. And cannot properly assess this story. Perhaps some of my German friends here could enlighten us?

And I hope my American friends and all of us here can twist our politicans ears if they do try to behave like Bond villains.

Ps! Haven't sold any TSLA so far!

I read this article earlier today don't believe it at all. At least the exclusive/monopoly part - the rest could be true. It would be political suicide for any politician trying to do that. More like some of the European countries are using things like this to display anger about the flight ban, etc.

Now is not the time to start petty battles over hurt feelings between countries/regions.

The way I look at things is, what would Tesla be worth if there was no virus scare?

Long term bulls who are selling now probably haven't changed their opinion on Tesla, so their sale is more a commentary on the macro risk, and a desire to lock in profits. I'm not critical, if sales at 500+ lock in profits and keep cash on the sidelines until there is more certainty, I understand the logic, even though it is not what i am doing..

As I said earlier .that cash sitting on the sidelines helps us longs who remain in.

I do think investors who bought at 300+ and sold for a loss around 180 made a bad decision. There is no reason I can think of the sell Tesla for a loss, locking in a profit is different.

Post virus I expect less short seller activity, most of the smart shorts are out now, or will get out in this macro based drop... There is no logical reason why new short would get in, there are probably much better targets...

IMO there will be a post virus world in the next 12-18 months and Tesla will be in good shape.. as to when the price drops will reverse that is anyone's guess.

So it is possible that some who sold to take profits can also buy back in at a significantly lower price ahead of any price rises...If you manage to do that and do it well, congratulations, and thanks for helping put a floor on the price.

f demand in China is solid, Model Y demand is solid and all other deliveries are tracking reasonably well, Tesla might not need to slow down at all.... but slowing down is a great insurance policy...

Slowing down can be just as good an exercise as speeding up, albeit with somewhat different and hopefully temporary results.

The story is all over. Reported on the excellent German public radio too. Will try to find out more in the morning.

Edit: it certainly sounds [!] like atrocious behavior by this administration. Sigh. Company in question is called Curevec.