Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we discuss Tesla killers? Is rivian going to survive. Did they get the funding from Ford in one lump sum before or do you think they'll now likely not see the rest.

Well, has anyone seen any evidence of Rivian ramping up manufacturing? Has there been any increase in activity in the Normal, IL plant? Because if they haven't ramped up manufacturing, then they should be OK (except for the fact that are going to be late delivering anything).

Reactions: Thekiwi
ETTTleBXQAIUfp-.jpg

Giga Shanghai expansion seems to be progressing quickly:
Chao Zhou on Twitter

Tesla seems to be starting home deliveries in Switzerland - only one person reporting here, but first hand:
Abholung trotz Corona? • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

Excuse me, but that's not how I read that post, rather I read:
"Today I got a call from Tesla Switzerland.
Due to Corona they will now register the vehicles for the deliveries.
With that follows a completely contact free handover on this coming Saturday (21.03.20)."

I read this to mean that unlike before, Tesla will register the vehicle with the Swiss DMV - presumably getting the license plates from there, and mount these. This would be different from the usual procedure, where the owner-to-be picks up the plates at the DMV, brings them to Tesla and hands them over for mounting.

Regardless of my interpretation, there seems to be nothing in this post to indicate that the location for the handover has changed, only that the procedure has been modified, with Tesla doing more than before.

The FINRA Short Selling Volume Report for Mon, Mar 16, 2020 is out.

"Short Exempt Volume" a.k.a. Market Maker's naked shorting, was again unusually high at 7.19% of "Short Volume", which ranks at the 147th Percentile (making it highly unlikely to occur by simple chance)

Note that the -10% circuit break was again tripped at the Open today, so the "Uptick Rule" should continue in effect for the 4th consecutive day tomorrow, Mar 17, 2020.

View attachment 522468

The FINRA Short Selling Volume Report for Tue, Mar 17, 2020 is out.

"Short Exempt Volume" a.k.a. Market Maker's naked shorting was 5.41% of "Short Volume", which ranks at the 119th Percentile (very unlikely to occur by chance).

DailyShortSaleVolume.2020-03-17.png

The -10% circuit breaker tripped again, so the "Uptick Rule" will remain in effect for the 5th consecutive day tomorrow, Mar 18, 2020. The only effect this rule is having is to empower naked short selling by Market Makers, allowing them to drive down TSLA even with macro tailwinds.

Read more about the SEC as a Captured Agency: (2011 cases discussed)

"Reporter Matt Taibbi calls the SEC a classic case of regulatory capture[84] and the SEC has been described as an agency that was set up to protect the public from Wall Street, but now protects Wall Street from the public.[85]"​

#SEC #BROKEN

Last edited:
Feel like I’m in a dream. Is it me or does it appear that reporters including Charley G, Lora, and Russell are actively trying to find a way to shut down Tesla’s factory indirectly by their reporting? Forgot ethical reporting, we already know they are biased towards TSLAq - but at what point do their actions become illegal??

This is the least you can expect from them.
To be honest, it's likely (not sure) that Tesla will shutdown without their help.
Just be ready.
Automakers in Europe closed days ago.

So, I just escaped the coronavirus thread and came back here ... to read about coronavirus.

What's the consensus on Model 3 and Y sales this quarter? Presumably since the factory is still producing, and they haven't taken advantage of the panic to suspend Fremont for a few weeks, that means they have customers to deliver to, right?

I did see an anecdotal story about someone who received their Model Y, yet only placed their order in January 2020, which would imply that a lot of people are deferring their Model Y orders. But their Model Y backlog is probably pretty deep.

And then, China Model 3. That factory is still producing too, isn't it? Wouldn't that also imply good 1st quarter sales in China?

Just seems to be that if the above is true, Tesla could have a really positive surprising 1st quarter. I mean, it should be less than pre-corona projections, but they should look really good compared to many other companies?

Feel like I’m in a dream. Is it me or does it appear that reporters including Charley G, Lora, and Russell are actively trying to find a way to shut down Tesla’s factory indirectly by their reporting? Forgot ethical reporting, we already know they are biased towards TSLAq - but at what point do their actions become illegal??

Could you give some links? Would be helpful.

For sure this bunch are despicable filter-feeders, and criminals too. In any normally governed society they'd be on trial for their actions over the years.

Let's see. The GOP generally likes to go with tax breaks. Even still, 1K is not much if people are out for 3+ weeks.
Actually for the people most affected by the shutdown, waiters, cooks, theme park workers, hotel workers. Those with little pay and no sick leave, a $1000 is quite a bit of money. So I think that part of the plan is a good one. Remember we are far from the “average” person in the USA.

Last edited:
Just testing does not solve everything. Testing just shows whether an individual shows a viral load at that particular time the test was conducted. And a negative test is not a vaccine.

You need to be able to quarantine the positives and isolate all other sick people during testing. You don’t want to keep on testing just everyone every time one person shows symptoms.

Tesla Fremont factory’s attendance policy also needs a change. As it stands, it makes it hard for workers to not miss work for any reason. When a person is sick and can’t come to work, it requires prior notice or else they get docked a point. And any sick time off uses PTO days.

California requires companies to have 3 days per year for sick days. Separate from PTO

After making a series of minor (MASSIVE) mistakes, I think my reentry point is fast approaching. Just sucks that option premiums are so expensive right now. Probably still go all in on them though.

Sometimes the discount is so massive (vs the perceived future value), that it is worth paying the increased premium on options, rather than waiting for the volatility premium to drop (god knows when that happens).

Not an advice.

So, I just escaped the coronavirus thread and came back here ... to read about coronavirus.

What's the consensus on Model 3 and Y sales this quarter? Presumably since the factory is still producing, and they haven't taken advantage of the panic to suspend Fremont for a few weeks, that means they have customers to deliver to, right?

I did see an anecdotal story about someone who received their Model Y, yet only placed their order in January 2020, which would imply that a lot of people are deferring their Model Y orders. But their Model Y backlog is probably pretty deep.

And then, China Model 3. That factory is still producing too, isn't it? Wouldn't that also imply good 1st quarter sales in China?

Just seems to be that if the above is true, Tesla could have a really positive surprising 1st quarter. I mean, it should be less than pre-corona projections, but they should look really good compared to many other companies?

A lot of the backlog is likely those waiting for the SR & 7 seater variants (and of course international orders of any type), and there is a lack of any marketing push (until yesterday), so not a huge surprise that someone in the US wanting a LR/P 5 seater Y variant can probably get one fairly soon after they order.

Just look at their complete twitter history (tweets and replies) over the last week.
Here is a link. This is just panic selling to conjure up support to close Fremont. Agenda driven reporting. Tesla factory is still open for business as Musk tells employees 'I will personally be at work'

CNBC reached out to the electric car maker, Fremont Mayor Lily Mei, the economic development offices of the city of Fremont and public health officials for Alameda County. None responded to requests for comment or further information.

I mean how obvious is this that she is directly trying to shut down Tesla with her reporting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JusRelax