Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s approved for COVID-19?

It appears you aren't aware of how FDA approved drugs can be prescribed by licensed doctors for any illnesses they think is medically appropriate, right?

Hint: it only takes a single prescription.

Off-Label Prescription Drugs Use: Benefits and Risks

"Many people may be surprised to know that the FDA regulates drug approval, not drug prescribing, and ... doctors are free to prescribe a drug for any [reason they think is medically appropriate],” says G. Caleb Alexander, MD, MS, a medical ethics advocate and assistant professor of medicine at the University of Chicago Medical Center. "Off-label use is so common, that virtually every drug is used off-label in some circumstances."

If an existing FDA approved drug proves effective at treating Covid-19, it can be used immediately.

Question for all the cup half-full people:

What possibly positive imminent news regarding the virus is out there to warrant a rebound of the sentiment/market in the very near future?

not asking for hopes and dreams, but tangible news that could turn the macros around

Donald Trump is a hoax?

2 for one split. Interesting

Important Information: Telus Corporation (T): 2-for-1 Stock Split
Date:
17 Mar 2020 05:34 PM ET

Please note that Telus Corporation will undergo a 2-for-1 stock split effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and shares will begin trading on a split-adjusted basis on this day.

Holding Telus Corporation shares until market close on March 17, 2020 will result in additional shares being deposited into your account on Friday, March 20, 2020.

Thank you for choosing RBC Direct Investing.

Two 'funny' ratings, but that is taken directly off my RBC direct investment account. Do they really have it wrong?
I imagine the stock price already reflects the split. Better make sure that your shares actually doubled :)

People rate this funny, but it's not funny at all. All sorts of people (anyone that doesn't want to see Tesla succeed) will sign that petition. This really pisses me off, and now I'm going to have to have another session with @Krugerrand to get back into a zen-like state.

I reported it as "Fake" - scroll down a bit, there's a link...

upload_2020-3-18_19-46-21.png

I call end of quarter now. Short month - only 18 days.
We're good ;)

View attachment 523092

I think you can forget about the John Fogherty gig though, we got a bad moon right now.

After much cajoling and after viewing my impressive gains on TSLA and some other solar plays, my wife recently finally allowed me to invest her deferred comp plan, which was sitting in the usual type of fund. Not a ton of money (she has a pension...well, if pensions survive...), but a significant amount that I thought really ought to be in TSLA to increase our meager position. Well, of course, it turned out to be the top when I started buying. Been buying all the way down, waiting to deploy the last bit. Have managed to average down to under 650, but yeah....great bit of bag-holding here.

She’s being a good sport about it, because it’s money that won’t be touched or needed for two decades, and we have the utmost confidence in where Tesla will be.

But I should find another place to sleep...

What if he used it to short ford, gm, Uber day after getting it. One can dream.

I honestly can't imagine Elon Musk diverting mental resources to something so short-sighted as investing against the competition especially since he is well on the way to simply disrupt them out of business.

Btw, _spending_ money to short a company implies buying puts (or similar), since actual short selling would give you more cash, not less.

Reactions: FrankSG
Yes America. Sell of all the stocks. That digital currency you wind up "protecting" will totally be useful in Mad Max times.

I have to imagine that even most of those who are panicking now assume we will be back on solid footing 2 years from now.

The obvious interpretation is that while the market manipulators may have managed to walk the share price down, the options players are not willing to validate those prices.

I notice many days in a row of TSLA shares down a consistently large amount every day with increasing volume. This tells me we are getting close to at least a temporary correction to the upside.

Sorry, I had a fundamental typo in my post, of course it's a call option buy order I'm waiting to execute, not a sell... My trading account is all bullish calls now - starting with $875 Jan 2021's (risky), but mostly $1400 June 2022's (should be fine with these). My core shares account remains unfettered - looking to add to that before end of month. Maybe.

I'm hoping to be able to offload the options and convert to shares as we climb back up.