Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much cajoling and after viewing my impressive gains on TSLA and some other solar plays, my wife recently finally allowed me to invest her deferred comp plan, which was sitting in the usual type of fund. Not a ton of money (she has a pension...well, if pensions survive...), but a significant amount that I thought really ought to be in TSLA to increase our meager position. Well, of course, it turned out to be the top when I started buying. Been buying all the way down, waiting to deploy the last bit. Have managed to average down to under 650, but yeah....great bit of bag-holding here.

She’s being a good sport about it, because it’s money that won’t be touched or needed for two decades, and we have the utmost confidence in where Tesla will be.

But I should find another place to sleep...

Been thinking of doing the same with my deferred Comp.

Extrapolate the Italian daily death rate to the US. Imagine pictures of the hospital ships being full and refusing extra patients. Restaurants and hotels will go out of business, people will loose their jobs and houses. Construction halts. The service industry halts. Travel is dead. Banks will be in worse shape than in 2008. Companies will be valued accordingly. The Model Y launch did nothing for the share price. Nothing. So will battery day (for which I was very excited!) Nothing matters at this point, only the health of those close to you. The only thing which will move the market is death counts, riots and medical shortages.

I was long TSLA in shares until the return to 600. The US pandemic is bigger than everyone imagines, it will be equal or worse than Italy. Now I'm short on companies which are impacted (long list to choose from)

Extrapolate the Italian daily death rate to the US. Imagine pictures of the hospital ships being full and refusing extra patients. Restaurants and hotels will go out of business, people will loose their jobs and houses. Construction halts. The service industry halts. Travel is dead. Banks will be in worse shape than in 2008. Companies will be valued accordingly. The Model Y launch did nothing for the share price. Nothing. So will battery day (for which I was very excited!) Nothing matters at this point, only the health of those close to you. The only thing which will move the market is death counts, riots and medical shortages.

I was long TSLA in shares until the return to 600. The US pandemic is bigger than everyone imagines, it will be equal or worse than Italy. Now I'm short on companies which are impacted (long list to choose from)
Good luck.
US outcomes will be closer to Germany once testing becomes more widespread, but invest as you will.

I reported it as "Fake" - scroll down a bit, there's a link...

View attachment 523121

I think you can forget about the John Fogherty gig though, we got a bad moon right now.

Over 350 have signed the petition already. Their goal is to get 500 to sign. I reported it, stating that it intends to supercede Federal law denoting automotive production and delivery as critical process.

upload_2020-3-18_12-17-38.png

Good luck.
US outcomes will be closer to Germany once testing becomes more widespread, but invest as you will.

What's the timing on testing being more widespread? Will those tests be available at all? Do you know those facts, or do you trust your president on this matter to resolve the "Chinese virus" and his beautiful white boats with red crosses on them?

A little dramatic??? We all understand that this is a VERY serious event. No need to get hyperbolic about it.

Been flipping through pics of Fremont production areas. Can someone show me a more optimal social distancing environment? As long as meals/breaks are taken in isolation, working at Tesla Fremont is probably as safe as it gets.

I think the bottlenecks will be about stopping people from congregating (as humans have a nature to do), as well as transport to / from the factory for the people who don't have private vehicles. They'll also need Shanghai-levels of sterilization, protective equipment, and employee health monitoring.

Getting very close to buy time for me. It's probably going to surge a bit right before close but I'm afraid more bad news after hours could cause tomorrow's opening to be another disaster.

So, I will continue to sit out. The uncertainty over how bad things could get in this country is holding me back. If unemployment gets anywhere near 20% in the next few weeks, we ain't close to the bottom and the recovery will take a lot longer.