Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is to say that Tesla EV mission in EU, and many other countries, if of any interest, will only start to be accomplished with a car a lot cheaper than the cheapest M3... the World Car ID3 sized, infact....

I don't want to get in a pissing match with you but your statement is just plain wrong.

Make no mistake, Tesla's mission in EU has already started to become accomplished. It's a process. The world car will come at the appropriate place in the process. Not now and not in 2021.

Whoever the mod in question is should give up their position as moderator over this debacle.

+10000

some, not all, of these mods are angry, capricious, and unfair, and all hide behind anonymity, and if TMC, Inc. is listening, you should know the threats and tyrannical behavior I’ve experienced are the SOLE reasons I haven’t become a paying, sustaining member here.

This is also the reason I did not renew my top level sustaining membership. Arbitrary, capricious and petty moderation as has become more prevalent and it hurts this forum -- both financially and in the quality of posts.

I suspect the other mods must know who the troublemaker mod(s) is/are and they should simply give them a vacation from moderation for a while .. . or forever.

And maybe I don’t remember right but it seems like they are making the foundations for the pillars more solid this time around.

A heavy vehicle like the Tesla Semi will need heavier machines. And China is going to need a lot of electric tractor-trailers! My guess is this is where the Tesla semi for Asian markets will be built.

It’s far more important to be able to surmise the final outcome. My simulation calculations say that in the end, what we’ve come to know as the automobile dealership network implodes.

Dealerships cannot exist without their parent companies. And I fail to see how their parent companies can survive while using the dealership business model as the world adopts electric cars and internal combustion cars fall out of favor and are relegated to the status of "who would want to own one of those?".

I can already see that a lot of car salesmen/dealership owners will need to find other work. This is good as it frees up the workforce to do something that is actually beneficial to society. Maybe they can become solar installers. ;)

There are now 92 Model Y's in the tracker with delivery dates by 31 March. Still only the 1 for after that date.
My delivery date was supposed to be today but yesterday I received an email stating that "my Model Y will need to go through adfitional updates with service". I haven't been given an updated delivery date so I may or may not still receive it be the end of the quarter. There are posts in the Model Y section from others that have had their deliveries delayed as well. I know this is somewhat anecdotal but given that this is the beginning of the ramp it might be significant. Adjust your projections as you see fit. BTW, have not added my details to the tracker.

Last edited:
My delivery date was supposed to be today but yesterday I received an email stating that "my Model Y will need to go through adfitional updates with service". I haven't been given an updated delivery date so I may ot may not still receive it be the end of the quarter. There are posts in the Model Y section from others that have had their deliveries delayed as well. I know this is somewhat anectdotal but given that this is the beginning of the ramp it might be significant. Adjust your projections as you see fit. BTW, have not added my details to the tracker.

might be this?: Delivery of my Model Y held up :(

comments about a fastener issue on Y rear seating.

I am saddened to hear about @KarenRei and @Fact Checking.

Just so people know, the mods have been hassling and threatening me for a while. Some of them strike me as tyrants, infuriated over little things and, for example, swiftly “disappearing” me for 10 days recently for posting some silly thing off topic and then my daring to question them about it. Then just a couple days ago one mod PMed me opening up a conversation with 5 mods like a tribunal or something, most of whom kept silent, threatening me with what sounded like permanent banishment because I simply clicked Disagree on one of this mod’s red-text posts in here.

The mods deserve our gratitude for volunteering to keep order on this sprawling passionate forum. But some, not all, of these mods are angry, capricious, and unfair, and all hide behind anonymity, and if TMC, Inc. is listening, you should know the threats and tyrannical behavior I’ve experienced are the SOLE reasons I haven’t become a paying, sustaining member here. Normally I would’ve proudly done that years ago.

All of this is fixable, and I’ve offered to have real phone conversations with the mods but strangely nobody ever takes me up on the offer. We have some work to do as a community to fix the Terms of Service and also to create a Terms of Service for Mods, with community-agreed-upon policies and open, transparent rules and fair and reasonable penalties for violating the rules rather than the secretive anonymous totalitarian abusive way things are done now.

If you don’t see me around anymore after posting this, you’ll know I’ve been banished. If you don’t even see this post, well, they got rid of the evidence too.
I am convince that overall the moderators are indispensable. I have had OT comments moved or deleted several times and I even agreed with the decisions. At the same time I had on topic, very intelligent absolutely proper comments (I am known to be very modest) not merely deleted but with a very rude, I would say bizarre anonymous message. Moderators have a thankless job, we cannot expect them to be perfect but it would make sense if they have figured out a way to have a decent policy (including disagreement of a post is not a reason to delete a comment and be rude, which I assume was my above referenced case.) Of course I agree that KarenRei and Factchecking have earned theor right to self moderate.

And this whole fiasco is why I've been advocating against there being a main thread.

You want to get people to use the other threads, don't have a high volume thread that takes all available free time to read. Then, people can post in the appropriate place for what they're interested in.

I'm uneasy about the idea of having users who are exempt from the rules - I've been on some forums where that went super badly - but a degree of leniency for long-time helpful and insightful members is also a good idea, and if you're running those members off, you've got a problem.

I don't think we need an MVP status. RSFred already said he allows the premier posters more leeway. We all know who they are so better to not give them a designation that makes them feel entitled to every whim. I even cruise by many of their posts when they hit subjects I'm not interested in or go a bit too deep into the subject. But I'll certainly miss the majority of their posts. TMC is a bit cheapened from their loss. I don't mind OT posts in general as long as they don't deteriorate into arguments about minute details or just plain p***ing matches. With the reduction in moderators and for those who get annoyed by certain types of posts you might want to make more liberal use of the ignore button. Only you know what you don't like and your tastes don't apply to everyone. That's what makes moderating so difficult.

I also find this development very discouraging - Karen’s one of (if not THE) most insightful and knowledgeable people in this forum. I know there’s two sides to every story, but I’ve never been bothered by any occasionally OT posts she made, and the quality and quantity of her OnT posts more than made up for an occasional diversion.

Very disappointing that this is happening.
Totally agree. really appreciate the timely and knowledgeable posts by @Fact Checking and @KarenRei. It seems to me they must be PhDs in many fields. I cancelled my NYT subscription after following them on TMC.

The foundations surprised me too. I agree that they're more solid, and they cover the majority of the floor area. It's even more strange given the assumption is that the press and foundry for the entire factory are in phase 1 of the facility.

My only guesses for the strengthening of foundations are:
  • Model y casting machines are going to take up a substantial amount of space and need heavy foundations
  • Phase 1 may have had some issues where the foundations were not strong enough to support future plans, for new phases will have additional strength.

One thing that also comes to mind would be a higher structure, for example with office space on top,

Democrats stepping away from negotiations and will introduce their own bill.......get ready for that big negative market reaction tomorrow. Let's see if a 10% drop in the morning will get them to stop bickering lol.
They are still talking. No need to predict a 10% drop. And I don't see anything funny about the situation.

You have point. Rename the thread "Daily chat," and encourage people to post relevant threads within threads dealing with the Titled Topic.

I think a large part of the problem is this is the daily chat thread, and the mods have the frustrating task of fighting against it.

A suggestion from my judo days: give way and go with it. Expand the notable posts thread to one where any post a mod deems worthy or with 40+ reactions goes in. Rather than delete and argue with people mods just cherry pick the best. This solves a 2nd problem we all have of sifting out the best info. when time limited.

They are still talking. No need to predict a 10% drop. And I don't see anything funny about the situation.

Um I'm going by what they are actually saying. Pelosi publicly stated they will be introducing their own bill which would set back a vote by a week. If the House introduces it's own bill today or tomorrow, I would put money on the macro's hitting down 10% at some point tomorrow. The House introducing it's own bill would be the exact opposite of what the market would have been looking for. I'm not exaggerating and the market has shown that over the past 2 weeks.

Um I'm going by what they are actually saying. Pelosi publicly stated they will be introducing their own bill which would set back a vote by a week.

No, it will not take a week. I support the Dems getting the right bill passed. This is a HUGE amount of money being allocated and it's important to get it right. Excessive pork-barrel giveaways to your "friends" do not help the economy recover in record time, it just makes your "friends" richer.

Sometimes I feel like this thread isn't moderated enough. 300+ posts a day, many going on weird tangents, can make it difficult to get through this forum. However, Fact Checking (except for when he gets political on occasion) and Karen are usually on the money and deserve more leeway than the rest of us because of the quality of their posts. I kind of like the idea of earning the ability to post more/day based on quality (maybe number of likes/loves) to help the moderators by reducing the number of less helpful posts.

P.S. - Don't know if this means anything, but I was surprised to see two large car haulers full of Tesla vehicles heading East on I-80 during my drive a couple hours ago....

P.P.S. - The only good thing about not having any elective surgeries tomorrow is that I can watch the market when it opens and maybe make some good trades. I got absolutely screwed last Monday when I had to quickly put in a Market order for FCAU Puts before I scrubbed into surgery, only to see them filled at SEVEN times the Bid/Ask price. The trade was supposed to cost around $20k, instead Fidelity forced it through and I was instantly down over $100k after the trade (I have never had that happen before with a Market order)! Day trading when you can't watch it is dangerous. :(

No, it will not take a week. I support the Dems getting the right bill passed. This is a HUGE amount of money being allocated and it's important to get it right. Excessive pork-barrel giveaways to your "friends" do not help the economy recover in record time, it just makes your "friends" richer.
The Dems do the same thing, they just have different "friends...."