Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing run today, but when will TSLA and overall market adjust based on Q1 EPS falling off the cliff? Does a v-shaped recovery make sense at this point?

The main thing with Q1 is that Musk said corona virus panic is dumb while everyone else was panicking.

He got a lot of flak for the misinterpretations, but who do you want to be with? The guy who is panicking or the guy who isn't?

Amazing run today, but when will TSLA and overall market adjust based on Q1 EPS falling off the cliff? Does a v-shaped recovery make sense at this point?
By cliff you mean a blip? Production over sales
Is a hit to cash flow, but not profit. Sales are way up from 2019 Q1 and COGS are down from 2019. Overhead is higher from Shanghai, but the depreciation expense is unit based. They might lose 500 million, but I’d guess closer to 100-200 million loss. Q2 depends on the Fremont return to production. If May 4 happens, Q2 could also be close to break even.

I think this is mostly a delayed reaction to the surprisingly good P&D report. I am a true agnostic on how much SP moves are distorted by MM manipulation, but it sure looked like the initial tepid SP reaction to that report was due to a heroic effort to keep the SP under 500 at the Friday close after release. Now, after another week of lingering manipulation, the SP is truly free to rise.

Also contributing to the rise is more light at the end of the tunnel of the shutdown at Fremont, and great momentum in China.

Sandy Munroe's latest video - covering wiring, octo bottle and front motor assembly:

So much for the "super duper wiring" in the Model Y. Remarks by Elon in products and capabilities used to be correct with only timing being off (though some of the promises still need to materialize)

With the wiring in the Model Y we start to see a plain untruth. Don't like where this is heading..

chart.png

645?

So the Oppenheimer analyst's comments are why we have a 12% swing today? Anything else?
I assume some short covering this morning got the ball rolling. Those 600 calls that look to be executed, China numbers were out all weekend, but I wouldn’t be surprised to start off tomorrow with another decent run. I think there will be some more covering going on.

So much for the "super duper wiring" in the Model Y. Remarks by Elon in products and capabilities used to be correct with only timing being off (though some of the promises still need to materialize)

With the wiring in the Model Y we start to see a plain untruth. Don't like where this is heading..

I see it as adapting to change. They did speed up Model Y delivery, so some things gotta get compromised.