Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very low cost cars from China are coming.

China’s Kandi says it has received approval from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to import two of its electric cars to the U.S.

China’s Kandi announces US approval to sell EX3 and K22 EVs, stock up 40%

$ 12,500 after tax rebate. Shades of Yugo !

We closed at 3 dollars down.

upload_2019-2-20_13-13-58.jpeg

2 seater with 83 miles of range(not EPA certified yet) and top speed of 65 mph.

I wouldn't pay $10k for that. Much less $19,999 and wait for Fed Tax Credit.

The Kandi K22 is listed on their website as $29.995 MSRP:

KANDI

Its top speed is 65MPH. That's considered a golf cart on CA freeways.

I welcome the competition in the EV space, but this ain't it :p

EDIT: it appears their webmaster is not good at mastering and that's a rouge/dead page.. the correct page lists the K22 at $18.995 MSRP: KANDI
That's basically a NEV. At best like Smart EV - which is/was not exactly a big seller. In general w.r.t. Chinese competition, that BYD is not even trying to enter US (or Europe) car market is telling - unlike in the bus market.

Another terrible article from CNBC:
It seems impossible that Tesla will have full self-driving car tech ready in a year, says analyst

The “analyst” completely changed the meaning of what Musk said(he never said anything about, for example, “all weather conditions”) in order to refute it. Keeps making it sound like Autopilot is just one of many advanced semi-autonomous packages, when it’s consistently been the best since original release. Even the recent ranking that put Super Cruise ahead did so essentially citing that Autopilot is too good, and may lead to drivers not paying attention(and giving Super Cruise credit for disabling itself).
I thought those were very fair observations by that analyst. He gave credit to the current AP being the most advanced available, and he is skeptical of getting full FSD in 12 to 18 months. Which I am sure most here would agree is an aggressive timeline with the current state of AP.

Reactions: UncaNed
Pretty sure thats not killing any Tesla’s...o_O
EX3 might be killing some Leafs if they undercut them on price a lot.

K22s, well, in CO with $5k state credit and if $7.5k fed credit holds this thing will cost $7.5k.
Not sure if this could make it attractive to some...
Or buy used ICE instead.

Electra Meccanica Solo might be a decent competitor for K22. That thing will cost $3k after credits :eek:
Screenshot_20190220-145416_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I thought those were very fair observations by that analyst. He gave credit to the current AP being the most advanced available, and he is skeptical of getting full FSD in 12 to 18 months. Which I am sure most here would agree is an aggressive timeline with the current state of AP.
I think "full FSD" is still in need of consensus definition.

For some it means in every condition a human can drive. For some others it means - the car can drive in fair conditions and roads - and still needs the driver to take over at times.

I'm one of those who thinks if we go with the former definition, we won't have FSD for several years. But can the car go on my usual commute by itself on 90% of the days in a year or two ? I think so - and would be a huge improvement for a lot of commuters.

For some it means in every condition a human can drive. For some others it means - the car can drive in fair conditions and roads - and still needs the driver to take over at times.

I'm one of those who thinks if we go with the former definition, we won't have FSD for several years. But can the car go on my usual commute by itself on 90% of the days in a year or two ? I think so - and would be a huge improvement for a lot of commuters.
Pretty sure FSD means whatever suits Elon at the time. He said as much during the ARK interview.

I’m more optimistic, but accept that there will be quibbling/FUD about whatever Musk is defining as "feature complete" for FSD and the roll-out schedule. Further, I think the regulatory and insurance environment will prove much more compliant and responsive than most seem to be expecting.

Also, is it me or is there more negativity floating around the infosphere and Tesla related forums? Is there, like, a big deadline or something coming up for those trolling TSLA? ;)

No way it's that fast. We all know Musk and his "timelines". Just double it. Call it end of 2022.

Full FSD. Add to PIN number and ATM machine. I think there’s an echo in here here.