Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“The base model is planned to have a 150-kWh battery pack with an expected range of 500-plus miles from a single charge”:eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Model S = 100 kWh -> 350 something miles range (give or take a few dozen)
Model H = 150 kWh -> 1.5 * 350 = 500+ miles range

duh! So obvious...

You never went to elementary school? l2math bro :rolleyes:

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's how they got their specs)

Model S = 100 kWh -> 350 something miles range (give or take a few dozen)
Model H = 150 kWh -> 1.5 * 350 = 500+ miles range

duh! So obvious...

You never went to elementary school? l2math bro :rolleyes:

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's how they got their specs)
If I was making a power point EV (which is all we seem to see) I would really pump it up.
1000 mile range ...full charge in 1 minute....battery last a gazillion miles.

My dad used to say if your going to lie...you might as well lie big.

Tesla's electric cars require far less maintenance than gas-powered vehicles. Here are all the differences between them.

A positive article on BI. This is the side of things I wish would get more attention. People are aware of the pollution angle (whether they agree or not) and have a vague idea that EVs are cheaper to fuel. Maintenance is something people just take for granted.

Disagree. We want less ICE's on the road, not more. Not everyone can or will buy a Tesla, that's just a given. Or are you suggesting it's likely Tesla and other BEVs will gain 100% market share in the next 5 years? Be realistic. Believe in the mission.
I do believe in the mission, that's why I added the qualifier. I can't do anything about this pandemic or the actions from legacy auto so I can at least take solace that I will make more money personally.

He mentioned the low reverse speed in Tesla's which made me think that would be an unfortunate limitation which I hope Tesla eliminates in the Cybertruck. Sometimes when off road you need to use full power in reverse to get out of bad situation.
OT:
I think when off-roading you could sometimes need enough torque to break traction, forward and backward.
But I doubt you would ever need high reverse speed, am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Tesla's electric cars require far less maintenance than gas-powered vehicles. Here are all the differences between them.

A positive article on BI. This is the side of things I wish would get more attention. People are aware of the pollution angle (whether they agree or not) and have a vague idea that EVs are cheaper to fuel. Maintenance is something people just take for granted.

I do believe in the mission, that's why I added the qualifier. I can't do anything about this pandemic or the actions from legacy auto so I can at least take solace that I will make more money personally.

I'm sure we're on the same side, @Nocturnal . My point is, we don't need - and shouldn't want - the legacy automakers to fail for Tesla to succeed. There is a bigger market than Tesla and established BEV makers (like BYD and BAIC) can satisfy in the near term. The more quickly existing automakers switch to EV, the more likely we can save the planet from environmental catastrophe.

Ok, today will be a down day. Macro's are down, and it looks easy to get TSLA down and keep it there.

I'm glad we have so many self-proclaimed experts in predicting TSLA short-term price movements.

What would TSLA investors do without knowing where the price was going from one minute to the next? ;)