Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These tweets are ironic because they expose who's in it for the money and who really cares about science, reason, etc.

We have all these posts about SP and billions and sec, but we should be concerned about Elon's mental health as well. We all know the model 3 ramp has scarred him mentally, along with all the struggles in the past 15 years. Elon isn't like us and in some ways fragile, yet we're here focusing on the money.

If anyone can come up with science that shows Elon is wrong about opening up Fremont, please feel free to show it. His mind is hypersensitive to BS, and curtailing his freedom to express himself affects him more than normal lemmings like us.

Last time he put out a few choice "words in a tweet" he tanked the stock, institutions considered it radioactive for at least 12-18 months, faced SEC sanction (the settlement possibly violated here), and every employee of the company with stock grants or options knew exactly who to thank for that hardship. Now let's do it all over again during a global pandemic and factory shutdown. The only saving grace is that the news is moving so fast these days we don't have time to navel gaze about Elon for more than a day or two.

I lived through that and held through that only to have my investments (along with everyone else’s) to gain by a huge amount. Buy and hold is the safe strategy. If you do something different, that’s on you.

what reasonable plan? He's said once on twitter something about care and safety. there are like dozens of tweets about him ranting about liberty and fake death tolls. that's reasonable? believing Alex jones conspiracy is reasonable?
He has a factory running in China...I think he has communicated how to operate a factory with safe guards in place.

But keep pearl clutching about your paper losses.

People like you are the reason Musk has gone completely off the rails. This is 100% about his ego.

He started believing an absolute fringe conspiracy theory and was attacked for that as he should've been. Mainly his wealth and personal wealth he was about to gain. Clearly his ego couldn't take that criticism and now we have this nonsense about selling all homes and stock price is too high.
Lol, GTFO shortie. The next Starship is leaving for Golgafrinchan. Be on it.

You've been involved with Tesla long enough to understand Elon's personality a bit by now, I assume. So I'll ask: how much time would you say Elon spends weekly trying to figure out how to make the experience more pleasant for the shareholders? He only cares about the SP when they need funding and they're considering a secondary offering. That's it. The rest of the time it's like "you can tag along if you want, but I got stuff to do, can't keep an eye on you all the time."
Why drag investors into this all? Even employees are investors too.

Why not put out a detailed plan with whatever criteria and try to make this a realistic discussion about Fremont opening up? How does tanking the stock on purpose do that?

instead he pushes out conspiracy theories. Wasn't one of them that medical professionals purposefully intubating people for money?

Last edited:
I can concur it’s happened in other hospitals. No, I don’t have it as a poll but here it is anyway; the ICU Covid-19 frontline nurse I know went from being offered $10,000/wk to go to NYC a month ago, to now having her shifts cut by 30%. Her hospital was completely cleared out of all non-Covid patients over a month ago. But here’s the kicker, she’s busier than ever because they aren’t fully staffing their shifts because they don’t have enough income coming in from other hospital procedures.

Our health care system is collapsing not due to COVID, but due to hospital unable to offer financial support.
Unfortunately, MSMs headline stopped at "our health care system is collapsing" and leaving out the context.

If you have went through poverty, you knew living could sometime worse than dying. It drove people insane.

Back to investment topic, we will have a lot of roller coaster ride.
But we are here because of Elon's visions, not because of his temporal tweets.
The sum of a human beings is not judged by the tweets but actions.

Feynman did way more drugs and had sexed with more women than Elon. He even wrote it down in his memoir.
But there is no denial that his positive contribution on physics and moving human civilization forward.

Last edited:
He has a factory running in China...I think he has communicated how to operate a factory with safe guards in place.

But keep pearl clutching about your paper losses.

when Tesla CN reopened the contagion level was lower than it is in Fremont currently. Secondly that IS not the argument he’s made publicly. I wish he had made that argument, but it’s just not. You are being willfully blind to the conspiracy theories he’s fallen for.

also, I could care less for my personal paper losses. I’ve been stressing for a couple of days that the Board needed to step in as Elon went deeper in to the conspiracy abyss. I’m genuinely sad, not about my losses (which I’m up more than I ever expected and I don’t view Musk as imperative to Tesla’s success) but about someone who did a lot of good for the world become an unhinged conspiracy theorist imperiling his CEO position.

Rage tweeting is not rational, this is not 3D chess, it's ranting. That's ego driven.
Are we really studying early 1900s psychology now?

"According to Freud's model of the psyche, the id is the primitive and instinctual part of the mind that contains sexual and aggressive drives and hidden memories, the super-ego operates as a moral conscience, and the ego is the realistic part that mediates between the desires of the id and the super-ego."​

BTW, you're wrong. Yes, my major was BSc Psych. But don't let it bruise your super-ego.

These tweets are ironic because they expose who's in it for the money and who really cares about science, reason, etc.

We have all these posts about SP and billions and sec, but we should be concerned about Elon's mental health as well. We all know the model 3 ramp has scarred him mentally, along with all the struggles in the past 15 years. Elon isn't like us and in some ways fragile, yet we're here focusing on the money.

If anyone can come up with science that shows Elon is wrong about opening up Fremont, please feel free to show it. His mind is hypersensitive to BS, and curtailing his freedom to express himself affects him more than normal lemmings like us.

He’s willfully ignoring the science my man. People have repeatedly tried to show him that no matter how the deaths are counted the amount of deaths is still multiples higher for hard hit area but he’s been ignoring it in exchange for whatever some lunatic conspiracy mongerer says or some head of a libertarian think thank quoting a discredited study.

you can’t reason with someone that thinks there’s some big conspiracy that everyone is covering up.

I lived through that and held through that only to have my investments (along with everyone else’s) to gain by a huge amount. Buy and hold is the safe strategy. If you do something different, that’s on you.

Agree with you there, and I held through as well, but on the other hand I don't know many people that would argue that was an essential element to the strategy that got us out the other end. At best, we tolerate these outbursts because of the positive contributions in other areas. I personally don't think we need to tolerate this anymore. This company has a deep bench and one hell of a growth trajectory laid out for years to come.