Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, yes. You are all smarter than Elon, sure.

Let him express his opinion. He is better than you and I. Always will be. Go ahead and sell your shares like a sheep. You will come back here like Greg Wester, Ellec, Aziz Saba, spreading FUD that you don’t even believe and looking like an idiot. You’ll regret it in 10 years

Tesla has never been in such a strong position relative to it’s “competitors”, time to sell over an opinionated tweet! Lmao!

Also, I can't for the life of me understand why go and lash out on twitter, upsetting half the world one day and the other hald the day after, just 3 days before your 6th son is due. Grimes a primigravida too, she must be scared and *pissed*.
Because that child faces a grime future if the World stays on RPC8.5

You want to live in a +2C World? Should we go for +3.5C before we kick the fossil fools?

Tesla has a workable solution now, and is scaling to make it happen. Everything else is noise compared to this mission.

#IPCC #6TH_ASSESMENT

We all really need to get back to work this is nuts ....also i have noticed a lot of old and new posters coming out of the woodwork today
lets see some value add posts from you folks ... not just stating your personal gripes about an Elon tweet

we need to get back to our regularly scheduled programming

If you don't get Elon's tweet...
you don't get Elon.... and
you don't get Tesla...
and you don't deserve shares in TSLA
so good riddance

The die has been cast for Battery Day’s disruptive technology. Tesla’s path is set. The day’s drama will not change outcome. The lives of Elon and strong Tesla longs will be enriched.

Elon has repeatedly commented on Tesla share price being too high over the years.

A few examples:
  • Oct. 2013: "The stock price that we have is more than we have any right to deserve"
  • Sept. 2014: "I think our stock price is kind of high right now to be totally honest"
  • July 2017: "I’ve gone on the record several times that the stock price is higher than we have the right to deserve and that’s for sure true based on where we are today"
  • May 2020: "Tesla stock price is too high imo"
And like today, he has repeatedly said he thinks the long-term for Tesla is bright.

More examples here: All the times Elon Musk has trash-talked Tesla’s stock price as overvalued

It's all part of the simulation.;)

This is a straw man argument. The case Elon is making isn't one many republicans are making. It is an extremely fringe conspiracy theory. Please stop legitimizing it. No one besides the fringe thinks the death toll is an over count to legitimize fascism by the government.
As you said yourself he is role playing Deux Ex.
Only because it is the weekend...

No it is not a straw man arguement. There is an entire range of measures that could have been implemented to address the pandemic. For example the shutdown could have been done on an entirely voluntary basis, accompanied by an agressive pr campaign to encourage compliance, and a list of suggested practices for companies that choose not to shut down. Or governments could have made a set of new health requirements mandatory in order to stay open, and if you can't comply then you'd be shut down (think OSHA on steroids).

I'm not here to argue one way or the other, but clearly Elon sees the approach taken in California as overreach. Rhetorical cries of fascism aside, there is a completely valid arguement to be made that the measures taken constitute overreach. My personal opinion is that Elon has done a rather poor job of it because of the rather extreme nature of some of his rhetoric, and also because he made little or no effort to espouse alternatives to the complete shutdown, at least not publicly anyway,).

Only because it is the weekend...

No it is not a straw man arguement. There is an entire range of measures that could have been implemented to address the pandemic. For example the shutdown could have been done on an entirely voluntary basis, accompanied by an agressive pr campaign to encourage compliance, and a list of suggested practices for companies that choose not to shut down. Or governments could have made a set of new health requirements mandatory in order to stay open, and if you can't comply then you'd be shut down (think OSHA on steroids).

I'm not here to argue one way or the other, but clearly Elon sees the approach taken in California as overreach. Rhetorical cries of fascism aside, there is a completely valid arguement to be made that the measures taken constitute overreach. My personal opinion is that Elon has done a rather poor job of it because of the rather extreme nature of some of his rhetoric, and also because he made little or no effort to espouse alternatives to the complete shutdown, at least not publicly anyway,).

I agree we can and should debate this, but it’s a straw man because what you are saying and what Musk is saying is different. Musk is saying this is a purposeful overcount for the purpose of liberal govt fascism. What Musk is saying is easily refuted based on actual facts. There is no overcount.

in the coronavirus thread we have long been discussing the need to discuss how to reopen. It is not just a binary on/off.

I agree, but I'm in all stock. A lot of people here are in options, especially June calls for Battery Day. They didn't deserve this.

Yes, they did. They took a gamble and lost. That’s how gambling works. And if they bet more than they could afford to lose, that’s also their fault and deserved. Good learning opportunity. I myself learned that lesson when I was about 16 after betting on a horse.