Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk on Twitter

I mean I don't even know what to say. Clearly no one close to him is having any influence on pulling him out of this conspiracy theory he's deep in. This stuff is so damaging to him and the brand, especially explicitly attacking liberals or whatever.

Truth to be told, I have seen conspiracy theory from both sides. See Michael Moore's recent documentary, Planet of Humans:
Michael Moore's 'Planet of the Humans' documentary peddles dangerous climate denial

Living in California, I have been exposed a lot of left-leaning friends, but very few trying to live in carbon neutral.

Thanks to COVID, we are also lifting plastic bag ban and reusable bags are banned:
California Lifts Ban on Plastic Bags Amid Virus Concerns
I cannot imagine how much PPE going to land fill each day, gonna be environmental disaster.

I could assure you that if Republican began to put people Shelter-in-Place much early than Democrat, people from the left would begin to question Republican's overreach and ACLU would start to file suit, in the name of constitution violation.

Unfortunately, America becomes a place where policies are mutually exclusive to each party. Sometimes I agree with Democrat and sometimes I agree with Republican, however, none of them like to work with each other -- and leads to grid lock we have today.

And why would Tesla being exclusive to left camp only? If Tesla continue to give images as liberal brand, that will be a bottleneck to transition our civilization to sustainable energy.

Disclaimer: I am a registered Democrat and will still vote for anyone who is serious about climate policy.

I just came back from a several-hour break and found over 200 new posts in this thread, which when skimmed appear to be mostly more lamentation over paper losses, and fact-free speculation and debate about Elon's motives and sanity. Is there useful info buried in there somewhere? I don't have time to find out.

So maybe it's time to...

BrokenMeagerCoypu-size_restricted.gif

If you think Elon has gone insane, then certainly you should sell all your TSLA shares and long options, and invest in AAPL or something even more sane, such as PG. The CEO of Procter & Gamble tweets nothing upsetting, because he seems to have no Twitter account.

After you sell your TSLA, I'd be grateful if you would leave this forum to folks who post useful info, instead of shrieking like teenage girls at every 10% movement up or down of this highly volatile stock, and second-guessing one of the most successful entrepreneurs in history based on zero knowledge of the behind-the-scenes context of his decisions and zero crystal balls to see the consequences.

I for one know enough of Elon's history to believe it would take a metric ton more than the current circumstances to drive him insane, and I'm impressed enough by his extraordinary record of success to wait and see what he does next without rendering loud and ignorant judgement. Does this make me a cultist? I plead guilty.

I'm in TSLA for the long haul, not the next two months or two days or two hours. Nothing Elon tweets can hurt my investment, because I'm not selling. He has built a juggernaut that cannot be stopped by anything he does now. If he has gone insane, his juggernaut will oust him and roll on.

In short, to quote the man himself: "If you don't like volatility, don't buy our stock."

Bye bye and godspeed. I hope to not see you again.

Truth to be told, I have seen conspiracy theory from both sides. See Michael Moore's recent documentary, Planet of Humans:
Michael Moore's 'Planet of the Humans' documentary peddles dangerous climate denial

Living in California, I have been exposed a lot of left-leaning friends, but very few trying to live in carbon neutral.

Thanks to COVID, we are also lifting plastic bag ban and reusable bags are banned:
California Lifts Ban on Plastic Bags Amid Virus Concerns
I cannot imagine how much PPE going to land fill each day, gonna be environmental disaster.

I could assure you that if Republican began to put people Shelter-in-Place much early than Democrat, people from the left would begin to question Republican's overreach and ACLU would start to file suit, in the name of constitution violation.

Unfortunately, America becomes a place where policies are mutually exclusive to each party. Sometimes I agree with Democrat and sometimes I agree with Republican, however, none of them like to work with each other -- and leads to grid lock we have today.

And why would Tesla being exclusive to left camp only? If Tesla continue to give images as liberal brand, that will be a bottleneck to transition our civilization to sustainable energy.

Disclaimer: I am a registered Democrat and will still vote for anyone who is serious about climate policy.

This is a straw man argument. The case Elon is making isn't one many republicans are making. It is an extremely fringe conspiracy theory. Please stop legitimizing it. No one besides the fringe thinks the death toll is an over count to legitimize fascism by the government.

As you said yourself he is role playing Deux Ex.

Last edited:
If we looked at Fremont factory flow vs. Shanghai factory flow, it is very inefficient.
Google Image Result for https://www.gearprimer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/tesla-factory-learning-site-layout-fremont-vs-shanghai-image-1.jpg

I would also transition factory out of California, not because of the recent events, but it has clearly became a bottleneck of production and quality control.

there is a huge advantage to having the factory close to the engineers. Figure it out there. Then bring it to the more efficient factories. When Tesla has 8 or more factories including another us sedan factory they can consider revamping Fremont.

Breaking this link so I don't give them too many clicks for this article, but you can put it together if you like:

https://www.theverge. com/2020/5/1/21244747/elon-musk-tesla-tweets-shares-sec-settlement-stock

But after some really FUDish articles, even the Verge concludes that Elon did nothing wrong. They called a lawyer who stated:

“I don’t see anything actionable here,” says Evelyn Cruz Sroufe, a partner at Perkins Coie who specializes in corporate governance. For today’s tweets to qualify as securities fraud, the SEC or a plaintiff would have to show that Musk would have profited from a drop in the stock price by — for instance — having a short position or a put. “This looks instead to be just Musk sounding off,” she says in an email. “His use of ‘imo’ also puts his statement into the realm of personal opinion, for which there is latitude.”

This is a straw man argument. The case Elon is making isn't one many republicans are making. It is an extremely fringe conspiracy theory. Please stop legitimizing it. No one besides the fringe thinks the death toll is an over count to legitimize fascism by the government.

As you said yourself he is role playing Deux Ex.

If you are upset, feel free to unload all your stocks or file your complaint to SEC. Really.
You don't need to be upset with me either.

I am here to invest human's survival, not some tweets.

there is a huge advantage to having the factory close to the engineers. Figure it out there. Then bring it to the more efficient factories. When Tesla has 8 or more factories including another us sedan factory they can consider revamping Fremont.

I agree. Probably doesn't need 8. If Shanghai is the template, they probably only need 2-3 in US. And Fremont floor plan could be restructured to have only have 1 line per model with 1 shift.

If you are upset, feel free to unload all your stocks or file your complaint to SEC. Really.
You don't need to be upset with me either.

I am here to invest human's survival, not some tweets.

I'm not really upset with you. I feel bad for Musk tbh. He's deep in a conspiracy rabbit hole and needs help getting out. I hope at least us Tesla fans and investors can help in some way.

The future is better with a peak performing Musk, than one who gets consumed with fringe conspiracy theories

This is maybe my last post on the topic,

I had hope, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be:

I'm not really upset with you. I feel bad for Musk tbh. He's deep in a conspiracy rabbit hole and needs help getting out. I hope at least us Tesla fans and investors can help in some way.

The future is better with a peak performing Musk, than one who gets consumed with fringe conspiracy theories

You said you did not know what to say...and every post you make proves your point.

TBH with you, I don't think people can stay sane in this environment for long. Elon, just like other human beings, are operating in different threshold. It may shock you because he is famous. But a lot of people who are not tweeting are going crazy.

Do I ever hope Elon could be more mature? Yes.
But I know probably other than Elon's mom or his brother, we cannot really change his characters, so our discussion to correct Elon's behavior is fruitless.

What you are suggesting is to ask Elon fundamental get rid of his deep down personality. Probably you will need to change his brain as part of the process. How many of us ever even successfully quit our casual habit?

Again, what I only care is human survival and advance our civilization. What we are having today is the most serious economic damage more than Great Depression and bringing prolong social unrest. It's not going to increase our odd of long term survival.

Reactions: ccook and oldTAVguy
We all really need to get back to work this is nuts ....also i have noticed a lot of old and new posters coming out of the woodwork today
lets see some value add posts from you folks ... not just stating your personal gripes about an Elon tweet

we need to get back to our regularly scheduled programming

If you don't get Elon's tweet...
you don't get Elon.... and
you don't get Tesla...
and you don't deserve shares in TSLA
so good riddance