Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He just doubled down on his EPA attack with another tweet.

Overlord Musk responding to the news article of the EPA saying they tested the Model S correctly.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Basically, "We got the logs, bro."

Also, he changed his avatar to a toddler. Maybe his talks with the county have been going better? Or he's focused on his newest child?

My guess are that the logs do show that, but I have two possibilities that I think are likely:

1. The door was "closed" but not all the way. Being new the seals can prevent the door from closing completely if not closed firmly.
  2. I have seen reports of a software bug where the car gets stuck in a "waiting for driver" mode overnight in certain conditions. Maybe that is what happened here and Elon didn't know about that bug. (I don't know if it has been fixed yet or not, as I haven't seen a lot about it.)
In either case, a retest will be interesting.

Can't wait to see the next Tweetstorm when Alameda county ignores the state order and tries to make Fremont stay closed. I should just buy some puts on Thursday in anticipation of the next Friday dip due to Elon's tweets.

I think the Market is pricing in that Fremont will be closed about a week after the rest of the Cali opens up non essential manufacturing. The county won’t be able to hold out much longer than that. The stock price started moving up after the governor’s announcement. Q1 results were really incredible. If Tesla could open up on Friday I think it would be above 800 by now.

Newsom briefing: If all continues well, Phase 2 will start this Friday. He mentioned retail but previously he said Phase 2 included manufacturing so hopefully it can restart Friday as well. He will hopefully clarify it before the briefing is done.

Said Bay area can be more strict if they want to be which doesn't sound encouraging for Fremont Friday.

Yes, listened to him today and I did not come away with a manufacturing plant, as large as the Fremont one, to be on the list to open up yet. Too many workers from cities all over traveling to work, and I just don’t think if they are going “incremental” to see what the virus/health care response will be as they open up that they will give a Go on Fremont.

Also think they will let suppliers start up first. Something about laying the ground work made me think that.

We need to put on the pressure to open up the Fremont factory.

1) This is America, not France. I propose we change the name to Freemont. Tesla Freemont Factory sounds much better.

2) We need to get voters to vote for Freemont secession from Alameda county and become its own county.

3) Vote the great American Elon Musk as Tsar of Freemont.

4) ????

5) Profit.

Fair Warning: Visiting Seattle during summer will lead to a major desire to live here. I've actually had multiple friends visit me here for the first time during summer and then proceed to move here the following spring. If you get sucked in be prepared to do lots of traveling during the winter months as most of us do here ;)

Or become a snow skier. In the PNW you can identify the snow skiers - they are the ones wearing shorts and a t-shirt in January with big smiles. The non-skiers are bundled up like the rain will melt them and have dour looks on their faces, like the cat in @Krugerrand profile. Actually, if you are a skier - stay away. The snow is no good! ;)

Why would you open up retail before a manufacturing facility with stringent controls and management? We're gonna let 16 year olds be the front line of prevention?

This whole thing is a joke. Newsom is allowing the Bay Area to keep their strict order, not requiring them to follow the state. Meanwhile, the Bay cases have been very low for the past month. They are letting people go buy plants and golf though, all is good.

I think the Market is pricing in that Fremont will be closed about a week after the rest of the Cali opens up non essential manufacturing. The county won’t be able to hold out much longer than that. The stock price started moving up after the governor’s announcement. Q1 results were really incredible. If Tesla could open up on Friday I think it would be above 800 by now.

Or the market is just doing market things.

SHOP is up 7.5%
AMD is up 5.4%
FVRR is up 7%
TSLA is pretty much inline vs the dump with all my stock last Friday. Currently my portfolio in the 7 figures has erased what happened last Friday completely almost to the last few hundred dollar. From my standpoint, today was a macro move vs anything specific to Tesla.

If they could get them shipped and delivered by end of June, that might make the most sense (more credits). But that seems way risky. Might be best to write off Europe this quarter, go domestic and then start shipping big time in July.

There is a very real possibility that Tesla will use the Coronavirus shutdown to unwind the "wave". They might do this if the timing of the revenue from those regulatory credits would be advantageous to use for capital investments if the cars are sold in Europe in the beginning of next quarter. Of course, it would impact the profitability of the current quarter but that's not the end of the world. Tesla has shown an ability to focus on what matters when it really matters, not on fluff or consistency. They are a lean, mean fighting machine and will always make decisions that make the most sense and are in their best interest overall.

Or the market is just doing market things.

SHOP is up 7.5%
AMD is up 5.4%
FVRR is up 7%
TSLA is pretty much inline vs the dump with all my stock last Friday. Currently my portfolio in the 7 figures has erased what happened last Friday completely almost to the last few hundred dollar. From my standpoint, today was a macro move vs anything specific to Tesla.
I wouldn’t be 100% sure. Tesla was on a different path early today. While all sectors were down they were going up. Now it may have caught in with macros into trading but Tesla showed early signs of fighting a sell off.