Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look, your posts' value is from telling facts and I obviously appreciate it. His posts' value is from telling his thinking process which I also appreciate. It does not matter if the conclusion is right or wrong. Otherwise nobody can contribute in this forum because the right opinions are only this many so eventually we are repeating the same ole again and again.

Fair enough. I clearly don’t see the value, but I’m open to learning.

Could you help me by explaining how his Friday post about charts showing stock was going to drop by a minimum of 50% of its value over several weeks so he cashed out and his Monday post about charts showing stock taking off over several weeks or months and gaining a minimum of 50% so he went all in again, helped you?

I mean from where I sit the charts couldn’t have changed at all, and certainly not several weeks of predicted trend, because in between were two days where the stock wasn’t traded.

My conclusion was that he panicked on Friday because he was in options he has no control over and was afraid he’d lose all his money again, but had to rationalize it with made up gibberish, and then come Monday morning he saw the SP rising and panicked again afraid he’d miss out on the upside so went all in again after rationalizing it with more made up gibberish.

Maybe I missed a post on the weekend where he added some valuable color about the chart reversing its prediction?

Surely, TT, you must be loaded to hell already now, no? Time to buy an island next to @Krugerrand, perhaps...?
All we've ever known is that he's "superlong" or something similar. That seems to mean all his money is in TSLA, sometimes with margin and leverage of various amounts. Whether all his money means $7M, $7K, or $700 is unknown. Who cares? Just another investor who knows nothing other than that he's enthusiastic. If he gets lucky he'll get rich, if he gets unlucky he'll go broke.

Last edited:
I would love to take one of your Minis, Peugeots,Vauxhall, etc down one of our Texas back roads.

Feel free. I dont live in London. I live down a single track unnamed lane just about wide enough for my model S. My neighbours are fields on 3 sides. the traffic past the house is 50% cars, 25% horses, 25% tractors.
Out of about 50 houses in the village, there is a single off-road vehicle.
Normal cars work pretty well in the overwhelming majority of situations, and most off-road vehicles...just are not used off road. Apparently its asking for trouble to state this, but its clearly true, ben sullins covered this in one of his cybertruck videos:

People can buy/drive what they like, I don't care, but unless the US is still a developing world country populated primarily by frontier folk, you have no more need for offroad vehicles than any european country. The only difference is fuel prices and marketing.

Can I just say, as a humble british guy that. OMG THIS IS SO FLIPPING DUMB.
Why does everyone in the US think they are scxooter from the dukes of hazard? The vast majority of you, the vast majority of the time are NOT hauling extra heavy or dirty industrial equipment. 99% of the time you are driving to work or back or the shops or the movies, you are not in the flipping A team.

Its such a triumph of stupid pointless marketing to persuade the average american that they are not manly/patriotic unless they drive an armroed personell carrier to the shops.

And I'm not just criiticizing the US here. In the Uk we call oversized 4x4s 'chelsea tractors.*'

*Chelsea is a very wealthy and very crowded part of London with super narrow streets. The closest it gets to ever needing a tractor is when they have the chelsea flower show, yet every 2nd car parked in Chelsea is a hummer-sized 4x4.

A situation changed unexpectedly yesterday and I need a vehicle that can carry and hold some larger stuffs regularly. I could bribe/pay/beg acquaintances to do it for me, but that’s not how I like to roll. I prefer to count on myself, rather than others.

That last might be part of the pickup ownership reasoning. After awhile it can get annoying every time a friend, neighbor, family member calls you to help move or pick up something because you’re the only person they know with one. I have a BIL who we wouldn’t hear from except when he needed to borrow our pickup.

Normally, I own a van and a pickup because they are just so handy but currently find myself with neither and the 3 isn’t big enough, nor my last driver ICEV, a GM death machine, nor is the classic car an option.

A CYBRTRCK would be perfect! Oh, where for art thou?? Last night I found myself looking for a used S to tied me over until I get my 4x4 Chelsea Tractor.

You’re welcome for not buying an ICEV to suit my need.

But that was exactly my point. From the research paper:

So you are operating in lithium-ion mode until you charge past a certain voltage, at which point you go into lithium-metal mode at the high SoCs. You get the "extra" range by charging past the lithium-ion mode into the lithium-metal mode. Like if you charge to 100% for a trip.

You are only occasionally using the full capacity of the pack.
By my understanding you have this back to front. But in any case it is way OT for this thread.

Could you help me by explaining how his Friday post about charts showing stock was going to drop by a minimum of 50% of its value over several weeks so he cashed out and his Monday post about charts showing stock taking off over several weeks or months and gaining a minimum of 50% so he went all in again, helped you?

I mean from where I sit the charts couldn’t have changed at all, and certainly not several weeks of predicted trend, because in between were two days where the stock wasn’t traded.

My conclusion was that he panicked on Friday because he was in options he has no control over and was afraid he’d lose all his money again, but had to rationalize it with made up gibberish, and then come Monday morning he saw the SP rising and panicked again afraid he’d miss out on the upside so went all in again after rationalizing it with more made up gibberish.

Maybe I missed a post on the weekend where he added some valuable color about the chart reversing its prediction?
You missed his earlier post which has since been deleted. He was holding the chart upside down on Friday.

These clowns like TT000007 and "Value Analyst" are utterly pointless waste of space that would have been moderates off most boards from the start.

We should put this on the to do list for post coronavirus forum reconstruction. Is there a date yet for the First TMC Continental Congress?

It’s funny so many people are disparaging of TT007. If you follow his posts, it’s likely he’s made several million dollars this year in short term gains by betting big. Statistically speaking, that’s higher than the vast majority of people on this site. Some of these guys make fun of him and talk big but it doesn’t carry much weight because they hold like 42 shares and have never taken a big risk in their lives. Super hypocritical of most people. All that matters in the end is the $ or shares in your account. As someone else would say, Everything else is just conversation.

I would wager it's closer to a mortal certainty than having "zero chances". Think about Hawaii. ...
You can see how what we're verging on makes the $1T valuation projection look like peanuts.
Even if the way you describe is the eventual model there is no reason to acquire a legacy car rental company. Those are built on a model that depends on the secondary market to produce profits, while actual rental operations tend to be modestly profitable. There is a single glaring large exception, Sixt. They are the only consistently profitable company in the industry and the only one to never have had any role as a 'captive consumer'. The model you describe is a transformation of at least three separate industries. Zero doubt that Elon wants to have FSD taxi services, and transform every part of electricity generation and distribution, not to mention use.

He was holding Friday's chart upside down

It could happen to anyone ;)