Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4D040CC8-5B8C-4263-910D-A554AD499568.jpeg

I assume you are selling covered calls as am I. I try to pick a 4-6 week expiry at a price that I would be okay with letting them go that has about a 5% chance of hitting based on the options analyzer expected probability. I also factor in upcoming announcements that I feel can effect the SP and am a bit more conservative e.g. these next few weeks due to Battery Day.
Based on the Super Bull Long membership handbook, 2017 edition, that still allows me to keep my Super Bull membership card. Which BTW, I noticed at this weeks SBL luncheon, about a 40% drop-off in membership after last weeks shakedown. Role call took all of 4 minutes.;)
Anyway, what criteria and theories do you use to determine your expiration dates and strike prices? As much as I think I'm okay letting them go for 25% more than the current price, I still don't like the possibility of FOMO. My last one was a $960 5/15 which had me nervous last Thursday when it was in the high $800's. Was able to capture 60% of it's value though on Friday so if it gets back in the $800's, I'm thinking about a $1,200 expiring late July after the ER.
I'm still a novice with trading covered calls. I do use my BFPT approach to help me determine a prices level that I believe is not sustainable for a year. So I'm selling call that are about a year out. Still pretty early in my learning curve.

• Disagree
Reactions: Boomer19
U think alameda will cave? They will double down. Watch.

never ever a dull moment for Tesla. Wow. Who needs Days of Our Lives when we’ve got Tesla?
The bureaucrats might double down, but the politicians will think about the out of work former Tesla employees and how they might vote the next time. Good thing I loaded up on the popcorn yesterday.