Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences. Clearly few here are willing to provide any... I never knew money was so much more important than peoples health and safety. The investment community here has shown without a doubt, money rules.

Jeff

You are seriously rooting for a COVID outbreak?

You need to take a step back and breathe.

Your certainty that Musk is arrogant and ignorant and deserves consequences does not reflect well.

I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops.
Reasonable people can reasonably disagree on topics. But can we please tone down this insanity? Wishing that a cluster develops (due to deliberate exposure no less) is to directly wish that there is a reasonable chance of severe illness for some amount of people, because of the large numbers of infected involved.
I don't see how that's not straight up evil.

So you do think Giga Shanghai is dangerous, even as of today? Really?
What's your fact?

Doesn't really matter. I said what I said, and while I had no delusions of grander that anyone would agree with me. It's pretty clear that people here are more focused on making money than public health and that's not something I'm okay with. Easy thing for me to do now is to stop posting here (this thread) which I will exercise after this post and unfollow. I don't have anything to contribute directly related to the day to day stock price of TSLA. People can think whatever they want.

Jeff

That's the same double standard speak used by LorenaSGonzalez@ and many left politicians.
Has Elon sincerely wanted to expose their employee to COVID?
Has anyone lost their lives in Giga Shanghai?

Oh yeah, I saw full of western arrogance in the post since you doesn't seam to protest Tesla's decision restart Giga Shanghai in two weeks but now you suddenly care about Fremont?

Double standards.

He doesn't seem to be ranting about every other automaker in the US who already have the approval to begin manufacturing (or have been manufacturing already for a week or more), even in areas with much higher infection and transmission rates.

I'm a logical person and there are only two conclusions I can draw:

1) He doesn't know much
2) He's biased against Tesla in favor of the manufacturers who make cars with exhaust pipes.

He doesn't seem to be ranting about every other automaker in the US who already have the approval to begin manufacturing (or have been manufacturing already for a week or more), even in areas with much higher infection and transmission rates.

I'm a logical person and there are only two conclusions I can draw:

1) He doesn't know much
2) He's biased against Tesla in favor of the manufacturers who make cars with exhaust pipes.

It is very evil thing to wish the camp you disagree with to die or bad things happen, just to prove the points.
I never wish Trump followers to die or something bad to them.

To me, this is definition of "far" left without compassion -- it is a crime and violation of humanity.
This virus does more mind damage than physical well being.

Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences.
Certainly no arrogance and ignorance in hoping people fall ill with a potentially fatal disease just to teach Elon a lesson. :rolleyes:

. I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops.

This is without a doubt, the absolute worst thing I have read on this site....ever. And you have the nerve to be for people’s health but are willing to expose innocent people to the virus? You sir need to take a good long look in the mirror before you cast stones.

Comments like yours give Democrats a bad name. It’s no wonder we keep losing elections.

Doesn't really matter. I said what I said, and while I had no delusions of grander that anyone would agree with me. It's pretty clear that people here are more focused on making money than public health and that's not something I'm okay with. Easy thing for me to do now is to stop posting here (this thread) which I will exercise after this post and unfollow. I don't have anything to contribute directly related to the day to day stock price of TSLA. People can think whatever they want.

Jeff
Is there a chance of spreading the virus at Fremont? Of course there is. But I think that the procedures keep that possibility low. I went to the grocery today. Some people without masks. Some with masks on, but not covering their noses. Social distancing a joke. I would feel 100x safer in the Fremont Plant than I did at that grocery! At least at the plant everybody is playing by the same playbook and there is some level of enforcement of the rules.

Um... I was just against that opening as this one... Elon doesn't care about anyone else other than himself, his actions have more than demonstrated that fact.

Jeff
Elon has said time and time again that the main purpose of Tesla is to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport.

He CLEARLY cares about more than himself.

Every other auto-manufacturer in the US has been approved to resume manufacturing.

There is at least one problem on this planet that is far, far more serious than covid-19!

Claes

Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences. Clearly few here are willing to provide any... I never knew money was so much more important than peoples health and safety. The investment community here has shown without a doubt, money rules.

Jeff

Interesting. Message received. How much did you sell your shares for? Or given your viral wishes, are you a leveraged short? :p

The corona crisis is clearly getting the better of some people, which shows in the reactions on twitter, facebook and this forum. I guess that is what unrelenting media attention and the resulting mass hysteria do to some people. Advocating for thousands to remain without work for months (usually by people who themselves have a cosy income working at home). Wishing for a corona outbreak in a factory... I hope people regain their common sense soon. You too Jeff.

Elon and I see eye to eye on the belief that "experts" should ALWAYS be questioned. Because all too often their thinking has unseen flaws. Don't hesitate to at least question someone just because they are the supposed "expert". Experts regularly fail to provide good guidance.

Yes Elon questioned the experts in Epidemiology when he stated that the United States would be at zero new infections two weeks ago. And uninformed opinions may sometimes prove to be correct. But how laughably wrong was that opinion? The larger question is what evidence led Elon to make that statement. What logic, what modeling, what evidence led him to make that statement? Has Elon ditched whatever spectacularly uninformed decision process led him to downplay the seriousness of an epidemic while we are in its midst? Has Elon learned from how atrociously wrong he was when he exercised his “right” to question experts by predicting we would be nearing zero new U.S. infections two weeks ago?

Did you immediately believe him when he stated it? If so, have you questioned why you think Elon’s “right” to question Epidemiologists might led him to be just a tad less accurate in his prediction, than they have been?

Do you now understand why we might be just a little better off listening to the experts in the field rather than someone exercising their “right” to question Science? Even someone as brilliant in many other fields which he has studied, as Elon?

Jeff

Have you read the back to work plan?
If so tell me what other currently permitted activities are safer, I particular I would like to know why nail salons are essential, and safer.

Or you can sell your shares and slam the door after yourself ..

Love the optics? Just wow... I know this
Yep I know exactly what I said, and I'm not interested in being nice. Nice has no application here.

Jeff
I normally stay clear of the moderator debates here. However I think this poster has no place on this forum. Advocating for bad fortune for workers' health and by extension for those in their families has no merits as an investor comment.