Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're confusing an individual's circumstance with their company, with the economy. I've been working from home as well for a month or more. If my company contacted me and told me that the soonest I would be returning to the office is next year, it wouldn't affect me or my contribution to the company or economy in the slightest.

In fact, this experience is causing my company to reevaluate the previous WFH policy - I think we're going to be considering some sort of hybrid model that will extend working from home privileges a few days a week for whom that works or even works well.

And in case it's not clear, I feel extremely blessed / fortunate / ... that this economic calamity is passing me and my family by. I know that isn't the case for most, and I know that the economy at large needs to reopen sooner than later. I don't have a strong opinion on the right timing - only that there are good arguments to be made either way, and that there are many gradations to reopening the economy (just as the economy hasn't been 100% shut down all this time).

I’m always amazed at the lack of sensitivity that many tech folks and others luckily working from home and collecting their full pay have about this crisis. Yes, Dempsey will allow his workforce to work from home in perpetuity but that just doesn’t apply to most of the World’s workforce!

I agree that you are very fortunate that the economic calamity is currently passing you by. But, tens of millions are not so lucky and neither are thousands of businesses and as importantly our municipality tax base is cratering. Plus, don’t kid yourself; with an extended financial crisis there will be a next wave of furloughing targeting folks like yourself.

Please take the blinders off...society cannot thrive nor survive with a lock down into 2021.

A great book I read in college decades ago, “Waiting for Godot” could apply here. What if a vaccine never comes?

I’m quite sure that’s all been presented to Alameda a long time ago.
He got frustrated, as he had every right to be and which we all would have been when the livelihoods of tens of thousands of people are depending on you and your company.
To be clear my suggestions were about how to handle the public facing communication, in place of the rage tweeting. I think he could have garnered public support in a better manner.
We won't agree so I'll drop it.

No, it's not. Toyota didn't have that problem when they shared this plant with GM.

Feel free to link to documentation showing regulations for paint haven’t changed over the years in California.

Feel free to link to respected auto industry resources praising the paint on California built Toyota.

Throw any kind of a bone to back up your statement.

Feel free to link to documentation showing regulations for paint haven’t changed over the years in California.

Feel free to link to respected auto industry resources praising the paint on California built Toyota.

Throw any kind of a bone to back up your statement.

Scroll back, I already did link that the last automotive paint regulation change was in 2001.

You need to be spoon fed?

Madness. Economy won’t survive with restrictions into 2021.

Please advise how the proposed additional $3T is going to be paid for without people working and our economy functioning?

Wait..so you think this additional debt is going to be paid back? If debt disappeared while the economy was running, there would not be a 20 trillion dollar debt. it simply would be paid off.

The stimulus should of gone out in way earlier, and geared towards shutting down borders, PPE, vaccine and treatment development, testing and tracing, to prevent the mess there is now. Simply stated, its a balance of how many outbreaks when you open up are acceptable. ie. what is the cost of a life?

People like to talk about how Elon is the king of first principals. The economic devastation is the result of the virus. Without addressing the virus, there is no point addressing the economy. You will constantly be chasing your tail. So yes, things can open, but it all has to be centered around virus control (where the medical professionals are coming from), not where the bean counters are coming from.

For those defending Elon at great length, to myself, it is hard to justify his actions. Not due to lack of tact, but simply due to his take on the science seems biased towards his initial belief that this is 'dumb', rather than facts. Spin his tweets how you want, but people are not dying from nothing. Those are peoples moms, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters. That is not dumb. That is tragedy.

The paint on my 2019 red model S seems perfect to me and several people have specifically complimented how the paint looks. But perhaps I was just lucky.
Me too. I’m on my second and both are very good. My Raven is as good as or better than a friends Merc S class. Neighbor just got a 3. Paint appears perfect.

I agree that you are very fortunate that the economic calamity is currently passing you by. But, tens of millions are not so lucky and neither are thousands of businesses and as importantly our municipality tax base is cratering. Plus, don’t kid yourself; with an extended financial crisis there will be a next wave of furloughing targeting folks like yourself.

I agreed with you, and still agree with you.

Reactions: JusRelax
TSLA affected much more than others by macros in AH trading.
SP bottomed out at $795 (so far).

TSLA.2020-05-12.17-05.png

Wait..so you think this additional debt is going to be paid back? If debt disappeared while the economy was running, there would not be a 20 trillion dollar debt. it simply would be paid off.

The stimulus should of gone out in way earlier, and geared towards shutting down borders, PPE, vaccine and treatment development, testing and tracing, to prevent the mess there is now. Simply stated, its a balance of how many outbreaks when you open up are acceptable. ie. what is the cost of a life?

People like to talk about how Elon is the king of first principals. The economic devastation is the result of the virus. Without addressing the virus, there is no point addressing the economy. You will constantly be chasing your tail. So yes, things can open, but it all has to be centered around virus control (where the medical professionals are coming from), not where the bean counters are coming from.

For those defending Elon at great length, to myself, it is hard to justify his actions. Not due to lack of tact, but simply due to his take on the science seems biased towards his initial belief that this is 'dumb', rather than facts. Spin his tweets how you want, but people are not dying from nothing. Those are peoples moms, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters. That is not dumb. That is tragedy.

that last point is crucial. Support for public health consensus around lockdown is a 75-25 issue (check polling) not a 50/50 one the way people present. Elon’s insistence on the factory opening is viewed through his covid denialism not through a belief that Tesla can be safe or that other manufacturing is opening.

Agreed. I've also noted that the darker the color, the worse the job on Teslas. Black and blue on many cars I've seen at superchargers have notable drips and even sometimes some imperfections that look like probable dust in the paint. Less so on the whites and silvers.

Friend that worked at Tesla commented as such as well (but he's not a line worker, he's management).

We knew this going in to pick up our blue model 3. Wife went over it very closely (along with a 3 page check list). No issues other than maybe a show mark on the drivers seat. (Cleaned right up) We did front bumper, rocket panel and fender PPF just in case. Two wax jobs and a month later haven’t seen any paint issues. She’s happy.