Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK Tesla factory isn’t the worst idea - it’s a big rich market which currently has a tariff, and Tesla has a lot of products both now and in the future It could combine Into one plant perhaps (auto/energy/solar*/future products like A/C heat pumps, Aeronautical batteries, solar windows etc). Agree it could possibly handle global RHD production, a few weeks extra shipping time to pacific RHD markets Isn’t going to be that big a deal given the global production rate Tesla will be producing at by the time a UK factory would be ready to begin production, although I wouldn’t be surprised if Tesla China handled pacific RHD markets eventually (good to have three different factory options to choose from)

* = I think it’s incorrect to count out home solar uptake potential in countries that aren’t super sunny, as costs fall/efficiency improves it becomes a no brainer decision for something like tesla solar tile roofs to be the defacto option for new build housing.

"Li-ion batteries have been a regular part of our lives for the past 50 years".

Really? LOL!

In 1970 ni-cads were high-tech. Nothing came with li-ion. Still miss my Mattel Sizzlers with ni-cads. :)
I stop listening when the guy doesn't understand what a charge cycle is. It's in the name, cycle. You can't plug in your car everyday and call that a cycle if you only drove 50 miles.

In 1970 ni-cads were high-tech. Nothing came with li-ion. Still miss my Mattel Sizzlers with ni-cads. :)
I'm still using my couple of decades old shaver. The new ones with LiIon don't hold the same amount of charge as (only an hour of use, compared to two hours with mine) and I'd really be afraid of leaving them in the car where they might get too warm.

in response to your numbered points.

1. thanks for your contribution.
2. it has had the most relevance to TSLA since maybe the fires in the media. TSLA was trading at 350 dollars in March. why is that? coronovirus mention was removed from the main investor thread, yet has had THE MOST relevance to stock price movements in years. what is that thing about making the same mistake twice?
3. maybe you are moving on mentally, but coronovirus has not moved on. the only thing that has changed is time. maybe the 'society' you are referring to is your own bubble?

It’s almost June and the stock is over $800. March is over. Q1 ER was a big success.

The virus may still be infecting people but Tesla is building and selling cars, and are in the best financial position of any OEM by a mile. TLSA is reflecting that.

Audi announces upcoming new 'highly efficient electric car' - Electrek
Does anyone have a star date calendar? If so, can you plug in 2024 to find out what that is in real money. Must be soon, Fred says it's an aggressive approach that Audi are taking.

Watch Out, Tesla, Audi's e-Tron Is Coming - 10th of June 2009

If this article is anything to go by, I predict these new Audis will come to market around 2029, and will still not be as efficient as today's Tesla Model Y.

listened to Joe Rogan interviewing David Pakman today. Great free advertisement for Tesla. David Pakman owned stock in Tesla but panicked sold half of it last year.

Well, he did the most common beginner investor mistake (sold off shares on the rise to "lock-in" gains).

That's an expensive mistake (and an easy one to avoid) but, to his credit, he does admit he's a terrible investor.

How many years have they been saying that now? Tesla will have competition, but it's very unlikely to come from legacy carmakers. If they could have done it, they would have done it by now.

I don't think it really matters for Tesla, because Tesla has a clear lead in many areas of innovation...

But it makes a difference for the future of ICE...

Before Model 3 other car markers were not serious - EV programs were token efforts
The Chinese and Tesla were always serious..
  • Model 3 shocked legacy car markers
  • Model Y added to that angst.
  • Battery Day should just about put some of them into meltdown.
  • The Chinese will compound their woes...
What has perhaps been missing until recent times is urgency, I think they are getting more urgent and committed with each successive shock.

Daimler has been working with multiple battery research partners, what they need to do is turn that urgency and research into viable products.

Better than Tesla is almost impossible, equal to Tesla is extremely hard, better than ICE very easy...

Nice after hours action $842 up $7..pretty heavy trading as well..almost a half a million.

Set's up my weekend pretty nice.

What the HE double L am I going to do with all of this money ?

Model Y and Cyber truck on order. Island shopping on hold due to virus.
Any small continents for sale ?

What the HE double L am I going to do with all of this money ?

Model Y and Cyber truck on order. Island shopping on hold due to virus.
Any small continents for sale ?
The trick with island's is to pick one that is not occupied....yet...but you can see the foundation's being laid for future occupation.
Then survey the area and start planning.

At least that is how I do it.

Even though I'm not planning on selling for years, I will admit that there is some correlation between the SP and my mood.

I imagine this is what @Unpilot meant. Nice SP action at the end of the week to start off the weekend.
Watch out I feel a long dissertation about money and how one should feel about it...and investing and how one should feel about it.
Maybe even a tip or two:D