Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a ton of FOMO cash out there, and probably nearly as much "waiting for a market dip" cash. I think more and more people are giving up on that dip and accepting that the Fed has just inflated the stock market. I know I have some cash sitting around to deploy but I'm not seeing anywhere good to put it. I took profit in Boeing and it went even higher. I was planning on giving up and just buying more Tesla until it went up another 100 bucks. I still may depending how this week goes.
After hours, Nikola has now passed Ford and become America's 3rd most valuable automaker.

Just one problem, they've never sold a vehicle

https://twitter.com/kerooke/status/1270098933759594496
To be fair, I think if I ran to home depot and bought some lumber and wheelbarrows I could exceed Ford's market cap.

Well, okay. But what else is there left for him to do?

He’s caused a ruckus on Twitter a number of times about a number of topics.
He’s gotten in trouble with the SEC.
He drank whiskey and took a puff *gasp* from a blunt in an interview.
He’s sworn during an ER call AND told an analyst from a big establishment that they asked boring questions and then cut him off the call and then reimagined ERs by having retail investors ask most of the questions.
He’s said TSLA share price is too high like 4? 5? times now.
He let his top designer break a window during a product reveal and then doubled down and had him break a second window.
He’s anti-sold his products.
He’s over-sold timelines.
He secured funding.
He joined a special committee for the President and then left it.
He’s danced on stage!
He threw out the ‘f’ word on Twitter not long ago and people freaked out and yet just a few weeks later suddenly many of those freaked out people are - well, I guess he had a point.

The list is quite literally endless and yet here we are. What sort of faux pas do you have in mind that could undo Tesla? I have a pretty good imagination and still can’t come up with anything he’s ‘likely’ ever to do that could do that.
Don't limit your imagination to things you think are "likely."

Gotta love the Tesla treatment at CNBC. Almost exciting as my last teeth cleaning!

Screenshot_20200608-172739.jpg

So how long before we see a 10 or 20 for 1 stock split? I wonder if that's what Elon's real meaning was when he said the stock price was too high... the individual share price and not the company valuation.
I've been saying that he meant the individual stock price was too high for some time. That kind of price scares off new investors (that aren't institutional). And not everyone understands or has access to fractional shares.

Gotta love the Tesla treatment at CNBC. Almost exciting as my last teeth cleaning!

View attachment 549341
You just know she was hitting those keys so hard with every letter.

I've been saying that he meant the individual stock price was too high for some time. That kind of price scares off new investors (that aren't institutional). And not everyone understands or has access to fractional shares.
I'd like a split just to make options trading easier. Having 20k+ on hand just to play isn't always easy.

Made an easy $2,000 day trading NKLA today. What a joke.
Not sure if I should be ok with it or keep worrying about all this funny money in the market.
At some point the music's got to stop, right? I'm not old enough to remember 1999 but I can remember Bitcoin in December 2017. Hard to imagine the entire stock market behaving the same way but it is.
Buy a couple shares of a REAL company... I think you know the one to which I'm referring.

Made an easy $2,000 day trading NKLA today. What a joke.
Not sure if I should be ok with it or keep worrying about all this funny money in the market.
At some point the music's got to stop, right? I'm not old enough to remember 1999 but I can remember Bitcoin in December 2017. Hard to imagine the entire stock market behaving the same way but it is.
I wouldn’t overthink it too much right now. Still plenty of names that are well below their ath, however it does seem money is just flying at anything that sticks, but there was a lot sitting on the sidelines and I think this will be consolidated into the proper places over the next few months.
Also not everyone is sure we are immune to a huge pullback so some of this money is trying to turn a quick profit right now. Not a lot of long term investing going on, just momentum.

• Informative
Reactions: capster and dl003
Don't limit your imagination to things you think are "likely."

Yeah, except my likely list contains already way out there items that exceed the current list of things he’s already done.

Still, I believe there are things he’d not do based on his incredible predictive nature. Like he’ll never be bidding against me for an island.

So likely not to do in no way makes my list ‘tame’.

I’d be interested in knowing what he could possible do that concerns you for the company. You’ve got to have something in mind.

So whats the plan, TV advertising? I haven't had cable for 10 years (Don't know anybody in my friends group who pays for it). You can block almost all ads on the internet. Would I ever click an ad to learn more about anything? No because it's absolutely biased, I'd do my own research. If I wasn't infatuated with Tesla already, my questions would likely be directed to the first adopter among friends/family if I had an interest. I would take their answers for the honest truth, something that cannot be said of paid advertising, word of mouth is far more effective. I don't know why this keeps coming up, please vote on it at the shareholder meeting, I will. Aside from that our opinions are just noise. Tesla has sold every car they've made for the last 12 years, that speaks of their strategy well enough for me, whilst OEM's advertise like crazy and have tens of thousands of cars idle on lots.

TLDR: Newer generations do not sit in front of the TV and consume advertising for hours per day, cable is too expensive and ads are a waste of time.

Sorry if the tone is harsh, it's frustrating to see this exact same debate fill the investor thread for years when we could be talking about the performance of the company, possible risks, new and exciting news stories. Yet I agree with you, I want more people to know all the good things about EV's but I don't agree that paid adverts are the best way to do it. But MOST of all arguing here will not change anything, so I will vote at the shareholder meeting, and if they decide to do paid advertising, I am still a happy Tesla investor.

Congrats on the big day, remind me up leverage >more< next time Ron Baron decides to talk TSLA. Maybe 1000 for my birthday 11th? End of week will probably sell off a bit, Rippin pretty high over the BB, thought they might be able to keep it under 1000 at least until the big OPEX on 19th without battery day, maybe not!
I suspect the Starlink program will eventually pull a marketing coup by casting logo shadows on the moon. First will obviously be the Tesla rotor/stator logo as the satellite hoists the giant logo sail between the sun and the moon. Not sure the logistics of where the satellite would need to be and how big of a light blocking sail it would need to be to cover 1/2 the visible surface at full moon. I suppose diffusion may also fuzzy up the logo but those are some pretty sharp guys over at SpaceX. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Also joined the official 30X club today. IMO, all the pieces are in place to have a good shot at another 10-30X over the next 5-10 years.
This reminds me, with the first $100k I made on TSLA, I bought my model 3. With the next multiple gains (not in 30s, still high single digits) I am buying a cybertruck. Heck ya. I may be the first guy in my neighborhood to have a truck, but it sure will kick ass.

Congrats! What qualifies you to be a member? At least one share never sold from 1/30 of current share price?

I am not on the membership committee so can't be sure if one share is enough to qualify!:p

In my case, I have my original November 2012 shares, a bunch added in 2016, and some more added after that.

Last edited: