Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could hit intraday ATH tomorrow :eek:

Gut feeling but I think we either shoot up to 1,000 tomorrow or go back down to 900. Idk, for some reason feels like it's gonna be an either/or and nothing in between type trading day tomorrow.

I have more funds coming in tomorrow if it does sell off back to 900 and if it hits 1,000.....well finally time to start looking at buys in other stocks I've been scoping out.

Reactions: elasalle
So whats the plan, TV advertising? I haven't had cable for 10 years (Don't know anybody in my friends group who pays for it). You can block almost all ads on the internet. Would I ever click an ad to learn more about anything? No because it's absolutely biased, I'd do my own research. If I wasn't infatuated with Tesla already, my questions would likely be directed to the first adopter among friends/family if I had an interest. I would take their answers for the honest truth, something that cannot be said of paid advertising, word of mouth is far more effective. I don't know why this keeps coming up, please vote on it at the shareholder meeting, I will. Aside from that our opinions are just noise. Tesla has sold every car they've made for the last 12 years, that speaks of their strategy well enough for me, whilst OEM's advertise like crazy and have tens of thousands of cars idle on lots.

TLDR: Newer generations do not sit in front of the TV and consume advertising for hours per day, cable is too expensive and ads are a waste of time.

Sorry if the tone is harsh, it's frustrating to see this exact same debate fill the investor thread for years when we could be talking about the performance of the company, possible risks, new and exciting news stories. Yet I agree with you, I want more people to know all the good things about EV's but I don't agree that paid adverts are the best way to do it. But MOST of all arguing here will not change anything, so I will vote at the shareholder meeting, and if they decide to do paid advertising, I am still a happy Tesla investor.

Congrats on the big day, remind me up leverage >more< next time Ron Baron decides to talk TSLA. Maybe 1000 for my birthday 11th? End of week will probably sell off a bit, Rippin pretty high over the BB, thought they might be able to keep it under 1000 at least until the big OPEX on 19th without battery day, maybe not!
Neither of my children (in their 20's) watch cable/broadcast TV. Just Youtube and Netflix. No one reads newspapers in that generation either. Marketing takes serious imagination. Like sending a car into space serious.

this-is-tesla-5988c5eb0c.jpg
This illustrates a basic weakness that the Tesla brand has: it is too strongly tied to the person of Elon Musk. Elon is the brand. The downside risk here is that, if anything trashes Elon's image, especially things the man does himself, this rebounds to impact the Tesla brand as well. Additionally, to the extent that Elon is polarizing persona, this also limits the scope of the brand. If Tesla wants to be selling 20M vehicles per year by 2030, the Tesla brand may need to evolve beyond a personality cult. Some businesses like the Disney Corporation have been able to navigate this. It helps, though, that Walt Disney the person is no longer alive, because the memory of Disney can be revered with nostalgia as befits the brand today. But so long as Elon is alive he is both a benefit and risk to the Tesla brand.

So the Nikola stock went up over 100% today... it was foo king flying all day...
And so ...
TSLA could have ridden its coattails o_O? No Seriously... The "news" kept "newsing" Nikola...and Nikola's story was "We are like TSLA." So when sane people saw through Nikola they looked at TSLA and saw it from a better angle. Like, "Nikola is not grounded in reality at alll...but look at TSLA! Same story but real.

This illustrates a basic weakness that the Tesla brand has: it is too strongly tied to the person of Elon Musk. Elon is the brand. The downside risk here is that, if anything trashes Elon's image, especially things the man does himself, this rebounds to impact the Tesla brand as well. Additionally, to the extent that Elon is polarizing persona, this also limits the scope of the brand. If Tesla wants to be selling 20M vehicles per year by 2030, the Tesla brand may need to evolve beyond a personality cult. Some businesses like the Disney Corporation have been able to navigate this. It helps, though, that Walt Disney the person is no longer alive, because the memory of Disney can be revered with nostalgia as befits the brand today. But so long as Elon is alive he is both a benefit and risk to the Tesla brand.
Are you suggesting we need to put a hit out on Elon?

So the Nikola stock went up over 100% today... it was foo king flying all day...
And so ...
TSLA could have ridden its coattails o_O? No Seriously... The "news" kept "newsing" Nikola...and Nikola's story was "We are like TSLA." So when sane people saw through Nikola they looked at TSLA and saw it from a better angle. Like, "Nikola is not grounded in reality at alll...but look at TSLA! Same story but real.
Such a terrible business model. Yeah, let's build an entirely new infrastructure for a different type of fuel (even more explosive!).

So how long before we see a 10 or 20 for 1 stock split? I wonder if that's what Elon's real meaning was when he said the stock price was too high... the individual share price and not the company valuation. The high SP makes it more difficult for the smaller guys to get into the stock and I wonder if that isn't a contributing factor in the steep climb in Nikola's SP today. Much easier to see a 50 or 100% climb when the opening price is less than $100.