Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He only says maximum short, he doesn't disclose the amount. He's bragging. could be a 1000 dollar short, depends on where his maximum is. But hell what is he bad for his clients....

He implies it's 5% of any fund containing a position. I have no idea how many funds they might have with TSLA sold short but it doesn't sound pretty!

I’m a hardcore fan of California. California has long led the charge on vehicle emission standards—California deserves Tesla.

A gigafactory in Texas (the heart of oil country) building Cybertrucks and Semi trucks would be perfect. Talk about flipping the narrative.

That announcement would be perfect in the next few weeks.

Or Oklahoma. There’s a lot of oil rich people there and if I’m not mistaken, OK actually has more oil money that TX now.

Regardless, what I really wanted to point out is that a Giga in either state is the same middle finger as the Giga going up in Germany. It’s a ‘move the f aside while I plop down with my toys in YOUR sandbox and show you how it’s done’. Classic Elon.

No. Facts.

There's "millions to be made" in EVs as well. (many many billions in fact)

And yet everyone but Tesla has been dragging their ass through the mud over it for years.

There were-obviously- millions to be made in switching from horses to cars too- that ALSO too a LOT of years. Many decades in most places.

The idea the market fixes everything overnight is magical thinking.

Tony Seba - April 22:

NKLA down now almost 13%. Wheels coming off over there—you might consider them whompy.

Meanwhile, MMs sinking a lot of money trying to hold TSLA at $1k.

Spiegel, I know you don’t have any money left to invest, but if you did, now would be a good time to say “if you can’t beat em, join em.”

To be fair, there were no wheels on it in the first place...

You still have a traditional broker? I fired mine back in '98 shortly before my biggest holding soared 36X in one year. He was telling me that company was crap and didn't like placing more buy orders for me. I went online and never looked back! :)
Not really a broker..I am self directed...but my online account with Fidelity has these pesky message all the time.
Things like are you ready for retirement? Would you like to talk to a professional?

I actually took them up on an offer several years ago and talked to a "financial" consultant.
He said I was "over weighted with one stock" and I should diversify.
Never talked to them since.

I don't understand this kind of thinking. You are on a board mostly full of informed TSLA investors. Most of us bought so much at lower levels that our portfolios would not be considered diversified or balanced. As the price rises, this situation (happily) becomes more pronounced. Our portfolios are more unbalanced than ever. Some of us can handle the portfolio volatility this encourages, others will re-balance. I haven't done any rebalancing with this rise because I know how that can dramatically impact future returns in a negative manner but I would be more likely to sell at these prices than buy. And not because I'm not confident it will rise much higher in the future.

Why would we buy even more as the price rises? My last purchase was at the $360 level.

Well, you would buy more if people were forcing you to with silly demand talk - for example. ;)

Not really a broker..I am self directed...but my online account with Fidelity has these pesky message all the time.
Things like are you ready for retirement? Would you like to talk to a professional?

I actually took them up on an offer several years ago and talked to a "financial" consultant.
He said I was "over weighted with one stock" and I should diversify.
Never talked to them since.

You pressed the button, didn't you, and then called them? There's your mistake! I never called them, so they never bother me.

upload_2020-6-10_11-33-25.png