Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who are these people buying over 10,000,000 shares for over $1000/share?
"TSLA? I'll buy it when it gets to four digits"

The great thing about the move today into 1,000 is that's based on an unexpected surprise, not anticipation for Q2 numbers. The Semi, which was thought to only impact earnings in late 2021 has now been pushed up, from anywhere from Q1 2021 or possibly even as early as Q4 2020.

If this move was just in anticipation of Q2 numbers, I'd be more inclined to believe there would be a greater chance of a pullback on the actual results.

Another day of boring price action
I agree, so allow me to pose another question to the membership for the sake of discussion:

How many here agree with me TSLA can reach $5,000 without autonomy (i.e, robotaxis)? I get downvotes when mentioning autonomy is not necessary for Tesla to dominate because there are so many other incredible things going in its favor.

Has this run up finally brought most people in this thread over to my view?

For the record, I do understand that if Tesla robostaxis happen in the next 2-4 years with the current sensor suite, everything else pales in comparison and the stock will probably go to $10K in short order. I just doubt that happens.

200.gif

TSLA holders today....:)

Not really a broker..I am self directed...but my online account with Fidelity has these pesky message all the time.
Things like are you ready for retirement? Would you like to talk to a professional?

I actually took them up on an offer several years ago and talked to a "financial" consultant.
He said I was "over weighted with one stock" and I should diversify.
Never talked to them since.

I've went and sat in with a few of these. So far the only one that provided value to me is HSBC. The rest are just salesman trying to pitch you their managed portfolio business that charges thousands a month. In order to "save you time" in your busy life.

I agree, so allow me to pose another question to the membership for the sake of discussion:

How many here agree with me TSLA can reach $5,000 without autonomy (i.e, robotaxis)? I get downvotes when mentioning autonomy is not necessary for Tesla to dominate because there are so many other incredible things going in its favor.

Has this run up finally brought most people in this thread over to my view?

For the record, I do understand that if Tesla robostaxis happen in the next 2-4 years with the current sensor suite, everything else pales in comparison and the stock will probably go to $10K in short order. I just doubt that happens.

Yes, I agree, in 3 to 6 years we could see $5k without robotaxis.

Not really a broker..I am self directed...but my online account with Fidelity has these pesky message all the time.
Things like are you ready for retirement? Would you like to talk to a professional?

I actually took them up on an offer several years ago and talked to a "financial" consultant.
He said I was "over weighted with one stock" and I should diversify.
Never talked to them since.

Not sure what you expected for ‘free’, but at least you didn’t pay for the service of being told what you’re doing wrong, while getting rich. You get a bonus point for that.

Munro in his Cybertruck ep3 video.

I think he's buying one to keep.

"This is not a pick-up truck. Forget It. This, this is the off-roading truck that everybody who's like me would like to have"

A bit technical but watch the comparisons to today's trucks from around 13 minutes till the end.

Methinks Mr. Munro kinda liked the Cybertruck! I can't wait until Baja!