Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hated Cybertruck because it looked like a monster.
I love Cybertruck because it looks like a monster.
The Cybertruck is actually a Trojan horse like the Model Y.

When the Model Y was announced by Tesla, it was panned because no hint was given just how superior it would be to the Model 3. The announcement was also poorly done IMO but it seems (for obvious reasons) Tesla did not want to stoke too much enthusiasm about something a year away that would cannibalize current sales.

The Cybertruck was announced with some gusto but I believe Tesla is holding back a boatload of technical information, functions and capabilities that will blow everyone's minds. Besides the obvious effect on TSLA, it's gonna scare the living daylights out of Ford and the others.

Last edited:
upload_2020-6-10_22-56-33.png

It says something when TSLA earned more point for point than something that's 10x it's total.

Congrats everyone. :p

I agree, so allow me to pose another question to the membership for the sake of discussion:

How many here agree with me TSLA can reach $5,000 without autonomy (i.e, robotaxis)? I get downvotes when mentioning autonomy is not necessary for Tesla to dominate because there are so many other incredible things going in its favor.

Has this run up finally brought most people in this thread over to my view?

For the record, I do understand that if Tesla robostaxis happen in the next 2-4 years with the current sensor suite, everything else pales in comparison and the stock will probably go to $10K in short order. I just doubt that happens.

$5000 share price is ~$1 trillion market cap (after allowing for dilution).

$1 trillion market cap would be a reasonable valuation Under the following scenarios:
1. if Tesla growth had slowed to a mature rate (~10% annual growth) and was earning $25-$33 Billion in net income, with a 30-40x earnings multiple.
2. If Tesla was still growing fast (20%+) and had earnings in the $10-$20 Billion range with a 50x-100x earnings multiple.
3. Tesla was still in “Amazon mode” with negligible earnings (low single billions) as It plows all free cash flow into growing operations & marketshare, in which case the $1 trillion valuation was based on “potential earnings” with its rapidly growing market share dominance in Auto, home solar & battery, utility storage, aeronautical power trains, HVACs, tunneling, neural implants, etc.....

We know why guys.

"Tesla soars after Musk seizes on Nikola's hype" -Yahoo Finance

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL. I'm literally laughing.

The higher Tesla SP goes, the smaller my brain gets. I think I'm becoming stupid rich.
Ever since I was pretty young I always heard the expression "more money than brains". Personally, I've worked towards that goal.