Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I missed it but I don't think it's been said yet:

Today is Tesla's second-highest close ever! The record close came on June 10th! That means both #1 and #2 highest closes in the history of Tesla came smack dab in the middle of the biggest, baddest, worst pandemic to hit the markets in over a century! You know, the big scary thing that we all needed to bow down to.

Can we have a moment of silence for the folks who sold out due to fear of the pandemic? OK, that's long enough, thank you!

That shouldn't be too hard considering they sold all of 0 SR-'s I believe.
Tesla called Canada's bluff with the SR- and they rescinded the minimum specs that allowed the Model 3 compliance. I think the SR- only existed on paper.
Tesla 93-mile Model 3 is available in Canada, but it's not the deal you think - Roadshow

Nope, it actually exists. And people actually bought it, and then complained that they get fewer than 150km in winter. And last I saw you still can't unlock the extra battery capacity. (Rumor was the agreement with the authorities to get the Model 3 to qualify for the incentive by having the software limited Model 3 required Tesla to commit to never unlocking the extra capacity.)

Here is one thread where someone complains about the range: Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

Last edited:
...Plus you have to admit it is a awesome sounding term.

Indeed in Japanese candlestick charting, the term bullish engulfing pattern does sound awesome.

In the jargon of my good old American form of technical analysis, it's called a bullish outside day. That may sound less sensational, but it essentially means the same thing. :cool:

Wow, this dude sure is optimistic on TSLA:

“There isn’t a single person who thinks that simply because Tesla’s market cap has come close to that of Toyota, that Tesla is a company that is on par with Toyota,” said Norihiro Fujito, chief investment strategist at Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co. in Tokyo.

“However, if you look 10 years down the road and factor in extreme expectations, US$1,000 a share or US$1,100 may be appropriate.”

Anyway, the linked article does a pretty good job explaining Toyotas marketcap.

Nobody can beat Toyota's size and efficiency of it's soon-to-be obsolete ICE infrastructure and knowledge base.

Did you happen to have the steering wheel tick on the 2002? This was actually due to improper tire and wheel balance. I must have had dozens of complaints about this (solved by doing an on the car balance).
No I never had that... maybe it had been fixed by 1974. That was one of the best handling cars i ever owned, really controllable oversteer (except when there is gravel on the road, hence the flip). Loved that car.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33

Thanks for including the link to this tweet.

The OP was asked the date of manufacture in that thread. He replies "the begin of 2019".

So it's unlikely this is the 'new battery pack', at least not as the car was delivered over a year ago. Either way, 'Oleg' has some 'splaining to do... :p

Didn't you post a screenshot yesterday of a Permit to build a new bty line? Was that permit issued for Fremont (info not included in screenshot; no link to source provided).

Curt,

Each time that you have posted the William Tell Overture, I have listened, rapt, from beginning to end. During the 70’s I was stationed aboard the USS Hunley, a submarine tender. I was not sub qualified, nor assigned to submarines; but rather, the Hunley was a floating factory, we worked on submarines.

In April of 1975, if my memory serves correct, the Hunley pulled into dry-dock in Boston Massachusetts. One of my shipmates Stephen Waller, from Alabama, invited me to see Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops. The guest performer was to be Roy Clark from “Hee Haw” fame.

Roy Clark came out with fiddles, violins, guitars, mandolins, and every sort of stringed instrument you could imagine.

When Roy Clark finished his set, Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops gave him a thirty-minute standing ovation. Roy Clark’s musicianship was breathtaking. At that moment in time, I remember thinking, how I had misjudged Stephen Waller, how I had misjudged Roy Clark.

It falls to each of us, to tell our best story. Throughout the history of man, the most powerful tool, has always been the story told around the campfire.

It falls to us, to tell our best story, to the critics, to the naysayers, to the shorts. There will come a time, when we should invite them to the party, with grace and charm.

You simply cannot judge folks...

@Jackl1956 I'm hoping the mods give a little leeway for OT as we're jubilant about a $50 gain. When I was in high school in Reno, Nevada, I worked at a small airplane refueling operation and often drove the "follow me" van to park planes and move their passengers to the office. The job gave me an employees discount of $12/hr. for aircraft rentals on top of my $2/hour pay. It was a glorious good time. We saw our share of celebrates. For example, I remember walking into the waiting room and seeing Clint Eastwood seated there, just as cool as in the movies. One night while holding down the fort, Lindsay Wagner, the Bionic Woman, came into the office, sat down in my chair (while I was out fueling planes) and proceeded to lose an earring. Oh how I looked for it, hoping for a kiss as a thank you. The most fun surprise of all was the day Roy Clark came in. I was tasked to drive him and a bunch of the "Hee Haw" gang to their hotel in the follow me van. Roy had a song idea, and as we drove he kept singing it out loud, a little differently each time, as the song evolved. It was by far the most entertaining drive I ever had.
jun15roy.JPG

Define "soon". ;)

Tesla is not in the habit of testing things "just in case".

This might be testing Battery Day/Roadrunner packs,specifically:-

Article on recently published Li ion / Li metal hybrid cell by Tesla researchers : TLFBatteries

A member of Dahn's team aLouli (u/aLouli) - Reddit comments as follows:-

Instead, this hybrid cell can operate in "lithium ion mode" for most of its life, with minimal degradation, and then harness the "lithium metal mode" periodically for those high energy density long range applications.

I learned something new because there are actually 2 members of Dahn's team who comment in this sub, the other one comments more frequently:- Thushrocks (u/Thushrocks) - Reddit

He recently said this:-

Mark's lab is funded by Novonix, that is why the DPMG patent came out of that. Jeff is going to train 2 new professor's under his wing, even if he retires I'm pretty sure he will work for another 10 years maybe as a emeritus professor and consulting for big battery companies. So, I don't think Novonix will be the Tesla research team but they will work really close together because the people who works pretty much know each other well.

Specifically the 100kWh pack could be Model 3s operating as test mules for a new (rumoured) Model Y pack....

Not everything they test turns up in production, cars or turns up soon, but they test with the intention of using it and perhaps soon.

If Battery Day is a video stream in June, I was expecting an announcement about now, or in the next week.
A live event at Nevada or Fremont in July now looks more likely...

Interestingly enough, of all the proposals submitted by shareholders that the BoD is recommending voting against, the largest number of shares owned by the submitter is 805 shares and one proposal was submitted by a shareholder only owning 7 shares. Methinks these activist shareholders are not concerned so much with the value of their investment, but rather want to be a thorn in Tesla's side.

This might be testing Battery Day/Roadrunner packs,specifically:-

Article on recently published Li ion / Li metal hybrid cell by Tesla researchers : TLFBatteries

A member of Dahn's team aLouli (u/aLouli) - Reddit comments as follows:-

I learned something new because there are actually 2 members of Dahn's team who comment in this sub, the other one comments more frequently:- Thushrocks (u/Thushrocks) - Reddit

He recently said this:-

Specifically the 100kWh pack could be Model 3s operating as test mules for a new (rumoured) Model Y pack....

Not everything they test turns up in production, cars or turns up soon, but they test with the intention of using it and perhaps soon.

If Battery Day is a video stream in June, I was expecting an announcement about now, or in the next week.
A live event at Nevada or Fremont in July now looks more likely...
Well I'm sure the question of when it will be held will be asked on July 2nd at the shareholder meeting.