Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
I am curious to see when people think we will first hit $2000 / share?

So I made a poll:

When will TSLA first reach $2000 / share - StrawPoll

Please vote!

The fact that even a third of TMC members don't expect this to happen until after November 2021 makes me more bullish it could happen off of Q3/Q4 2020.

Barring unexpected bad things happening, Q3 & Q4 2020 are going to be far above what the market (and perhaps even TMC?) is expecting.

After-action Report: Mon, Jun 15, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Traded: $15,130,633,596.03 ($15.13 B)
Volume: 15,833,813
VWAP: $955.59

Closing SP / VWAP: 103.76%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM: $183.787B / $176.887B = 103.90%​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 59.6% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 55.8% (57th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.91% of Short Volume (48th Percentile rank)

Comment: "TSLA Storms Back @ 3x Macros"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-15.png

The fact that even a third of TMC members don't expect this to happen until November 2021 makes me more bullish it will in fact happen off of Q3/Q4 2020.

Barring unexpected bad things happening, Q3 & Q4 2020 are going to be far above what the market (and perhaps even TMC?) is expecting.

I agree. The recognition of Tesla's true long term value and standing in auto and energy markets will almost surely be front-loaded. As their dominance is recognized, their share value will reflect that. It won't track with earnings but, rather, with expectations of future earnings.

What this probably means for investors is that the old rule of thumb holds true - The early bird gets the biggest worm! :D

Last edited:
Is there anything preventing a startup energy provider from providing peaking services to OnCore (or other energy providers)? I mean, if you can run a profitable fossil fuel peaker plant, why not a profitable battery peaker plant?

I imagine there is a restriction on energy generators (wholesalers) buying electricity? If so, this is another one of those counterproductive protectionistic Texas laws that need to be struck down before Texas can claim to stand for free-market principles. It's crony-capitalism at it's worst.

This is what happens when power is concentrated in the hands of a few wealthy people and the "regular folk" just sit back and admire the rich people and let them do as they please. Which is to say the working people chose to take it up the butt (by being passive about it). It doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical image of the fiercely independent Texan who won't take any BS from anyone.
The Texas deregulated electricity market is divided between lightly regulated generators, highly regulated transmission and distribution utilities like Oncor, and unregulated retail providers. The issue is whether battery storage is by definition electricity generation. If so, only generators can employ it; if not, the transmission/distribution utilities could also employ it.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/How-will-batteries-plug-into-Texas-power-grid-15031826.php

When state lawmakers deregulated the power business two decades ago, they divided the industry into two sectors with distinct duties: Generators could make and sell electricity and regulated utilities could transmit and distribute electricity. But the utilities, whose profits are capped by regulators, want access to a new business opportunity — battery storage.

Cadillac Exterior Design Director Brian Smith Promises Stunning New Electric Cars

The article says Cadillac plans to have a flagship EV sedan by 2025. It repeats the message that they'll have the electric SUV in 2022. In response to a question, Cadillac's design director says they "are staying on track with engineering and marketing and leadership to keep the decisions rolling" and mentions challenges. One is not everyone working at home has the right software. That sounds like a challenge to me.
Per July 2020 Road&Track, page 64, the Cadillac EV sedan "will be hand-built in very small numbers, and could cost upwards of $200,000 ...". Another case of what might have been potential Tesla competition disappearing into the ether.

...will be asked on July 2nd at the shareholder meeting.

The AGM is scheduled for July 7: (subject to health restrictions)

"We are pleased to inform you that our 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2020 Annual Meeting”) will be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, at the Computer History Museum located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043."​

SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.

"We are pleased to inform you that our 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2020 Annual Meeting”) will be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, at the Computer History Museum located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043."​

SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.
Thanks Lodger! Guess I should have checked my calendar first!

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Per July 2020 Road&Track, page 64, the Cadillac EV sedan "will be hand-built in very small numbers, and could cost upwards of $200,000 ...". Another case of what might have been potential Tesla competition disappearing into the ether.

The Celestiq isn't designed to compete with Model S or Roadster.

But Rolls Royce,Bentley and Maybach.

Supposed to be GM's attempt to reclaim the title "Standard of the World" for Cadillac.

I read a while back a GM executive said the Celestiq will "start" at $200k.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Drax7 and capster

SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.

ISS (not the one up there) wants a vote against Robin Denholm. Something about stock options for execs have increased by 37.6% since she’s been chair. Article was posted by Reuters.

That said, I still find this thread an echo chamber

My brokerage account is telling me it likes the echoes it hears in here!
I went to some other websites a few months ago but the echoes were all saying "sell, sell, sell..., sell, ....

My conclusion is that, like with information, there is such a thing as good echos and bad echos.

Unless it's a chainsaw, then all Echos are bad!

The fact that even a third of TMC members don't expect this to happen until after November 2021 makes me more bullish it could happen off of Q3/Q4 2020.

In my case, and I think for others, July 2021 is a big landmark. First cars coming out of Germany... but there are rumours this might happen sooner