Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends,

RE: Telsa Model Y quality sucks FUD

As you know, there are many unsavory reports from media, bloggers, and even TMC members concerning this topic.

My Model Y order was placed in Dec and will be picking it up tomorrow am. I’ll be looking closely and taking notes. This may be a good and true random sample. If given an opportunity, I'll also examine all other model Ys at the delivery center.

I truly hope that the vast majority (80% or more) of Model Ys coming from the factory are good.

My VIN is 185xx, and is still the highest reported on TMC. Edit: someone reported a VIN of 189xx.

To be continued......
Note that the same things were said about the early S, but my early 2013 S was just fine, and so were all the club members' S. The issue here is that any issues are blown up to looks way worse then they are. Are there some problem cars? Sure. But I'd suggest not that many.

Note that the same things were said about the early S, but my early 2013 S was just fine, and so were all the club members' S. The issue here is that any issues are blown up to looks way worse then they are. Are there some problem cars? Sure. But I'd suggest not that many.
Yeah sure ...but try and explain away the whompy wheels!/S

I see your understanding of the perception of the public which buys stock, but I actually think when Nikola fails it will be a positive in the eyes of investors because they will look at the cause for the failure.... The Tesla Semi.
I think the cause of Nikola’s failure will be Nikola. From purpose, strategy to implementation they have all the ingredients of failure.

Barron's - 2.5 hours ago: Buy Tesla Stock Because Exuberance Is Rational This Time

Excerpt:

Jefferies analyst Philippe Houchois took his Tesla price target to $1,200 from $650. And he says that under his upside scenario, shares of the highflying electric-vehicle company could reach $1,400.

The reason for the bump isn’t only Tesla’s (ticker: TSLA) recent stock-price gains. Houchois believes the company’s competitive advantage versus peers is growing.

“At risk of sounding like a broken record, Tesla is still the only legacy-free [auto maker] engaged in a positive EV sum game,” wrote the analyst in a Thursday research report. “Against expectations even a few months back, the gap with peers is widening, from product to battery tech/capacity.”

Tesla is all-in on EVs, and the effects are starting to show. The company, for instance, recently cracked the 400-mile single-charge travel range on select Model S sedans. There is “logic in the exuberance,” according to Houchois.

Not that I think Tesla has reached Toyota levels of build quality, but nobody reports on Ford buyers refusing delivery. Food for thought.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think this is inevitable, it’s a question of when. I suspect it might take a while.

I am kinda thinking it will be part of the terms Elon demanded in order to build in Texas.

Elon, to Texas Governor: "You want 25,000 new jobs in this state? You have to let me sell a Texas-built product in Texas.
Texas Governor: Yes sir, consider it done.

(I don't know if this requires approval from Texas legislature or if the Governor can make the change himself).