Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the same guy that thought market consensus for deliveries was an official statement from Tesla. I’ll pass.

Despite Ross being a bull, I've seen many statements and interviews where he says inaccurate things or numbers about Tesla.....even when he's trying to be positive. There's also that period in the first couple months of this year where Ross had obviously sold some of his position and flipped to be a bear on Tesla and was repeatedly saying it was overvalued(I think the stock was around 500-600 at the time)

There was even an interview just a couple weeks back where he said he wouldn't be a buyer of Tesla until it drops to 600.....Ok Ross :rolleyes:

GM could have done this with the Saturn brand. They still could resurrect it as their EV nameplate a la Polestar. They won’t, though.

The next planet out — Uranus — is where I’d place my bet. :p

And, with the GM ‘Volt’ and ‘Bolt’ name lineage, the name of the halo EV ought to be: "Jolt." :D

Yup, the new Uranus Jolt from GM. :eek:

Forecasting 101: Simple Logical Progressions. :cool:

Given Ford’s ‘Fastor Charge’ and GM’s demonstrated desire to put EV’s on the road, I might not be that far off. :confused:

The next planet out — Uranus — is where I’d place my bet. :p

And, with the GM ‘Volt’ and ‘Bolt’ name lineage, the name of the halo EV ought to be: "Jolt." :D

Yup, the new Uranus Jolt from GM. :eek:

Given Ford’s ‘Fastor Charge’ and GM’s demonstrated desire to put EV’s on the road, I might not be that far off. :confused:
Uranus Impact?

Uranus Nova?

• Funny
Reactions: capster
Not true. Options use doesn't allow them to lend your shares. It is margin use that allows that.

I believe that depends upon the agreement you signed with your broker. But, I think in general, if you have anything in your account (put options, for example) that use your long shares as collateral, then your broker has the right to lend out your shares. At least that has been my understanding for some time.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
But, I think in general, if you have anything in your account (put options, for example) that use your long shares as collateral, then your broker has the right to lend out your shares. At least that has been my understanding for some time.

But wouldn't that be using margin, with the shares as collateral? So it is the using margin that triggers the lending, not the options. For example buying a call, or selling a covered call, doesn't use any margin so they can't lend your shares because you have those options in your account.

Reactions: MikeC
So I decided to buy another M3 for my company.

No used or new cars available for immediate delivery on the website. So I call Tesla hoping they have some invisible inventory. After being in the loop for several minutes they said they can‘t take my call and hung up.

So I ordered online and paid 100 Euro order fee (not refundable). Expected delivery Sept.

About an hour later I get a call from a cellphone. Tesla. If I would be interested in a car. I said I would be delighted to take immediate delivery.

Within 2 hours they offered my an inventory car, sent the bill, I transferred the money. Deal done. Will be delivered to my house tomorrow.

The rep said this was the absolute last possible minute to close a sale which would count for this quarter. Car needs to be ordered, paid for and have left the premises for Tesla to count it as a sale.

My take: Sales and delivery guys (and gals) are very busy; can‘t take random phone calls. Inventory is very low but still some (few) cars exist. Tesla doing everything they can to get them out the door.

Glad I could help.

But wouldn't that be using margin, with the shares as collateral? So it is the using margin that triggers the lending, not the options. For example buying a call, or selling a covered call, doesn't use any margin so they can't lend your shares because you have those options in your account.

True. When you said "options" I took it to mean "any options". It's true that a call option does not require margin. But some options do. Some people have puts in their account, along with a positive cash balance and think they are not using margin but they are (the cash and other assets are being used as collateral should the value of the puts turn south).

True. When you said "options" I took it to mean "any options". It's true that a call option does not require margin. But some options do. Some people have puts in their account, along with a positive cash balance and think they are not using margin but they are (the cash and other assets are being used as collateral should the value of the puts turn south).
Yes, I should have said margins, but the editing window passed before I realized my mistake. Sorry about that.

My laptop restarted - TMC thread restarted in Feb. My heart stopped when I read this one not realising I was back in Feb. I thought the king was back. Reposting for your nostalgia.
Being a passenger turns the trip from "work and responsibly" where every extra unnecessary minute spent driving is your "fault", into "personal downtime" where extra time is often welcome.

This is why executives and wealthy people often have drivers.

Tasha is right, autonony is going to be far more transformative than just EVs: everyone will have their private AI drivers, which frees up a lot of time. This process also puts the company that controls the self-driving tech and the in-car entertainment tech into a powerful gatekeeper position.

But it is also dirt cheap... Is that article correct it is $150 / megaWh? aka. $0.15 / kWh? Really? If true obviously that is so dirt cheap that there must be some cases where it is competitive. In some regions that end up with a lot of solar with a ton of surplus, efficiency may not matter as much.

How inefficient is it?
Don't make me setup a thread for this stuff. You know I will...

All Tesla markets except for US seem to be getting through COVID. UK is going to open up massively 4th of July for instance (our Independence Day..). I'm not overly worried about the next 6 months. Also, Trump isn't going to shutdown again whatever happens.

Heh.

fordelon.JPG

I did not see this posted. The title is click bait as the information shown is from April, but the company RS Metrics appearing on Fox business, seems to have developed technology to automate counting of vehicles in parking lots based on satellite images. They claim to be able to identify vehicle type as well. Using this they should be able to get quite accurate production numbers before they are published by Tesla.