Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy isn't wrong. I've begun constructing my hedges again. Anyone who thinks the market is permanently immune to the Rona is going to get wiped out. I'm not selling shares because f**k paying the capital gains tax but I'm getting back in my SPY puts and I'm going to add VIX calls too. I'm getting ready to defend my positions, if Congress fails to pass a new round of stimulus before July things will not be rosy.

This is not an advice etc.

This guy isn't wrong. I've begun constructing my hedges again. Anyone who thinks the market is permanently immune to the Rona is going to get wiped out. I'm not selling shares because f**k paying the capital gains tax but I'm getting back in my SPY puts and I'm going to add VIX calls too. I'm getting ready to defend my positions, if Congress fails to pass a new round of stimulus before July things will not be rosy.

how big is your hedge in term of your long position?

If we let market force plays out. Ya it'd be really bad.

What we have to deal with, is the unpredictable stimulus of governments. Really hard to see which aide is winning out since it is not transparent.

But ya. Been thinking about ng about going in 3x short spy as a protection again. But they still got tricks up their sleeve. Look at the volcker rule 2.0.

In any case, I decide to wait. Since we are still in June where the sun is really helpimg. Come august I believe the virus will be back with a vengeance.

California to vote to mandate some zero emission heavy duty trucks

Summary:

upload_2020-6-25_12-15-48.png

I kind of feel the same way. At least where I live Corona cases are hitting all time high everyday and they just made the use of mask mandatory at grocery stores and pharmacies.

• Informative
Reactions: dc_h and capster
Indeed, this is the bottom of a classic 'swing trade'. TSLA will open at or near the Middle Bollinger Band tomorrow morning (~950ish), which will lead to a wave of technical buying.

TSLA has had strong support at the Middle-BB since April 6th, 2020. With no news, that's not going to change. Tomorrow's the bounce, IMO.

View attachment 556075

Cheers!

Your opinion was a good decision to act on. I wasn't able to time my buy at $940 as I originally wanted to, but I picked up some additional shares at $948. Thanks for the useful information!

Really crazy action on 7/2 puts today. Somebody has bought about a million dollars worth of contracts, strikes $500 - $700, largest position $660 strike (about $700,000 worth). Additionally, volume on $200 puts is 11,525 contracts which dwarfs the previous open interest of 20.
Lol, Tesla should release the P&D report on Friday the 3rd, just to mess with their blood pressure. :p

Cheers!

Your opinion was a good decision to act on. I wasn't able to time my buy at $940 as I originally wanted to, but I picked up some additional shares at $948. Thanks for the useful information!

Yeah, TSLA spent about 15 min below the Middle-BB (~$946.95) from 09:37 to 09:52 ET.

Paging @Boomer19

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-06-25.09-50.png

... but T/A is B/S, amirite? :p

Cheers!