Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lordstown Reveal:
Lordstown-motors-electric-pickup-prototype-hero.jpg

What are we looking at on the hub motors? Surely not the actual windings? Is that the stator or rotor?

Lordstown Reveal:
Lordstown-motors-electric-pickup-prototype-hero.jpg

What are we looking at on the hub motors? Surely not the actual windings? Is that the stator or rotor?

It's like they took the Rivian truck(boring but not bad looking at all) and smacked it with an ugly stick........maybe smacked it like 3 times

Based on the announced specs today, that thing is DOA

how big is your hedge in term of your long position?
Small. You don't need a big hedge position to effectively hedge shares as it turns out. A wise man at WSB once told me that shares are "options that never expire, with a delta of 1". So really I took an absolutely tiny position in the lowest strike OTM SPY puts I could buy, they literally costed me $0.05 a contract, if there is a crash they will launch into orbit because of VIX spiking. I did the same thing in January.

It's like they took the Rivian truck(boring but not bad looking at all) and smacked it with an ugly stick........maybe smacked it like 3 times

Based on the announced specs today, that thing is DOA

$52.5k with 250 epa range with $7500 credit x 200k

$40k Cybertruck is ~2 years away $50k Cybertruck is ~1 year away ( after Endurance 1st delivery).

Fleets can start saving money Jan 2021(pending homologation)

Small. You don't need a big hedge position to effectively hedge shares as it turns out. A wise man at WSB once told me that shares are "options that never expire, with a delta of 1". So really I took an absolutely tiny position in the lowest strike OTM SPY puts I could buy, they literally costed me $0.05 a contract, if there is a crash they will launch into orbit because of VIX spiking. I did the same thing in January.

could you go into greater detail?

Reactions: bz51 and UncaNed
Looking at the steering wheel appears to be a roadster. I would hope the roadster might find more upscale eating opportunities.

No, that's the 3rd-party steering wheel offered by Youtuber Matt Schumacher from the channel "Tech Forum":

P.S. I've known Matt for over a decade through the EV bicycle forums at "EndlessSphere.com". He's a good man with a CNC Mill, offers his own custom reduction drives to adapt RC Outrunner motors for electric bikes.

Cheers!

So, a couple of days ago TSLA closes at just under 1002. Then over 2 days we get lots of apparently negative news stories. Today it sinks to about 940. And then remarkably rises to 985. Would I be far off the mark thinking that institutions shook out the weak longs for a couple of days before filling up their positions? If that's true, then there could be upward momentum from here?

Indeed, this is the bottom of a classic 'swing trade'. TSLA will open at or near the Middle Bollinger Band tomorrow morning (~950ish), which will lead to a wave of technical buying.

TSLA has had strong support at the Middle-BB since April 6th, 2020. With no news, that's not going to change. Tomorrow's the bounce, IMO.

View attachment 556075

Cheers!
Ya know, I’m beginning to see the appeal of this Bollinger Band thingy and not just ‘cause it’s named after a nice champagne. :rolleyes:

Mmmm Bollinger, maybe I should pick up a couple of bottles in the near future. ;)