Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not the smarts, its not the vision. It is the drive.

Elon has it ... don't know 'bout others, maybe JB to some degree but not many more.
How many VP/managers quit Tesla to pursue greener pastimes, easier job, less stress?

One is not successful because of the smarts or the vision.
Success comes from the drive to do anything and everything necessary to succeed.
Many of us would argue someone share his smartness be the CEO for a couple of years may be good. The product road map has been layed out, someone who doesn't push people to the limit might have more people willing to work there for longer.

The process to get the SEC cleaned up likely is dependent on the results of next year's elections, and who wins the presidency, and that's all I'll say in this thread about that.

You guys needs to get an Engineer in office. Most of them hate politicians and you get a higher chance of someone who will clean house.

The spring is being compressed. A sane, non-corrupted judge will throw this SEC hissyfit out.
Perhaps Musk will get a slap on the wrist (he can afford it) and get told to pre-approve anything containing numbers. They've got *nothing* on Tesla as a company, and any judge would throw out an attempt to fine Tesla.

I could argue that this SEC tantrum is enough for Elon to begin reviving his plan to take Tesla private with more vigor. The outlook for interest rates is stable in the short run and Tesla becomes a less risky investment by the day. The shorts may wake up with a "funding secured" event that isn't premature.. Just my opinion - I have no inside knowledge..
James Anderson of Bailie Gifford has offered Tesla additional funding if they should need any (they don't). I don't think he has enough to take Tesla private by himself, but add in Larry Ellison and the Google founders and a few others and they might.

Musk was misled by the Saudis last time, who were bragging about how much money they had but didn't actually have as much money as they said they did. That won't happen again.

Of course (as always), I respect your right to hold that opinion. Presumably, you must then believe that the SEC is being “grossly and wilfully false” when they write in their complant that “Significantly, a violation need not be wilful in order to find contempt.”?
Yes of course. Lawyers do that all the time in court filings. Judges are all the time writing opinions mocking there willful misinterpretations of law and facts. It is how the game is played.

I could argue that this SEC tantrum is enough for Elon to begin reviving his plan to take Tesla private with more vigor. The outlook for interest rates is stable in the short run and Tesla becomes a less risky investment by the day. The shorts may wake up with a "funding secured" event that isn't premature.. Just my opinion - I have no inside knowledge..

The fact that Elon has continued flouting the SEC last night and this morning is making me even more convinced that you could be right that he is planning to revive his privatization proposal. We discussed this possibility quite a bit here last night. New Tesla director Larry Ellison is worth more than Tesla and could be instrumental. Six months ago Elon had a list of financial institutions willing to participate in a private Tesla, and that list may have grown. The Saudis may be out, but some Chinese investors might have interest. Some institutions like ARK Invest may have to change their policy of only owning public companies, if they want to have a piece of a private Tesla. This could get interesting.

1. 3m3 minutes ago
    $TSLA short interest is $7.50 bn; 25.10 mm shares shorted; 19.83% of float; stock borrow is G.C.. #Tesla shares shorted declined by only 5k over the last week, but still up 318k in Feb. Shorts are up $116 mm in mark-to-market profits on today's 1.5% price move; up $1.01bn YTD.

D0V0VtqUcAAByZk.jpg

0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Twitter. It's what's happening.

In NIO's prospectus, they claim that their batteries are more efficient than Tesla's.

They also claim 3 OTHER Chinese car companies have more efficient cells than Tesla.

My guess is most people here will not agree, but I'd love to hear an honest discussion about this.

For years, Tesla has claimed the most efficient batteries, this seems to contradict that claim in a big way.
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.17.15 AM.png

I don't know any high-powered, creative lawyers, but there's definitely selective enforcement going on here; nobody likes that.

Any lawyers here? We could file an amicus brief as stockholders stating that the '500k' tweet was not material information and noting that the SEC's actions have been harming stockholders by distorting the public perception of the company. I think the judge would take notice.

Reuters - today: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-musk-sec/teslas-musk-risks-contempt-charge-as-sec-argues-tweets-violate-deal-idUSKCN1QE2OR?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+reuters/topNews+(News+/+US+/+Top+News)

The fact that Elon has continued flouting the SEC last night and this morning is making me even more convinced that you could be right that he is planning to revive his privatization proposal. We discussed this possibility quite a bit here last night. New Tesla director Larry Ellison is worth more than Tesla and could be instrumental. Six months ago Elon had a list of financial institutions willing to participate in a private Tesla, and that list may have grown. The Saudis may be out, but some Chinese investors might have interest. Some institutions like ARK invest may have to change their policy of only owning public companies, if they want to have a piece of a private Tesla. This could get interesting.

Elon is very much grateful to all the trust Retail investors gave him over the years. Many of those own a Tesla too.

A go private would mean for most of those they cannot stay invested which is in particular true for international ones.

Its unlikely that Elon is leaving those investor in a buy out situation where they cannot participate in a private Tesla any more. He confirmed after the last attempt that this has been a major issue for him and reason to abandon the plan as there was simply no solution. Lets not forget that he could have done it before as he is not short of funding interest.

Its hard to imagine that after all he turns around and is doing exactly what he called a major issue for retail investors before.

In NIO's prospectus, they claim that their batteries are more efficient than Tesla's.

They also claim 3 OTHER Chinese car companies have more efficient cells than Tesla.

My guess is most people here will not agree, but I'd love to hear an honest discussion about this.

For years, Tesla has claimed the most efficient batteries, this seems to contradict that claim in a big way.View attachment 380686
No they are claiming their vehicle is more efficient than a Model X.
A model 3 is as well.