Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is very much grateful to all the trust Retail investors gave him over the years. Many of those own a Tesla too.

A go private would mean for most of those they cannot stay invested which is in particular true for international ones.

Its unlikely that Elon is leaving those investor in a buy out situation where they cannot participate in a private Tesla any more. He confirmed after the last attempt that this has been a major issue for him and reason to abandon the plan as there was simply no solution. Lets not forget that he could have done it before as he is not short of funding interest.

Its hard to imagine that after all he turns around and is doing exactly what he called a major issue for retail investors before.
Concerns over the little investors could well just be a way to save face. I'm sure he's grateful for the support but if going private furthers the mission, my guess is that he would quickly make sure they got a decent return by buying at a premium and delisting the company.

Consumer Reports Ask-Me-Anything is open here:

I am the Director of Auto Test from Consumer Reports to talk about top picks and reliability AMA : IAmA

Be sure to vote up any and all questions that you like. And if you see anything that hasn't been asked, by all means ask!

Damn, is this an AMA or a roast of Jake Fisher? Dude's gotta be sweating right now...

dailystruggg.jpg

I hope this story gets plenty of press. Elon is the good guy fighting climate change, taking us to Mars, and posting memes. SEC/Wall Street/oil lobbyists are the bad guys. The public will side with Elon.
SEC are the guys who did not spot Bernie Madoff's enormous ponzi scheme until he had been doing it for years, and many people were ripped off.

Today's action is a bit of head scratcher.

Even shorts don't think much will come out of this SEC action.

Ironically, a quick settlement of the case will push SP up. Hopefully happens before March 1st - when news of debt repayment will come out too (?). BTW, does anyone know when Tesla has to repay - is it 1st or some other date ?

SEC are the guys who did not spot Bernie Madoff's enormous ponzi scheme until he had been doing it for years, and many people were ripped off.

Then they allowed the SIPC to defraud the investors again, by refusing to honor the SIPC insurance which was supposed to protect their accounts. (Pro tip: SIPC insurance is totally worthless; it's a fraud now. But the SEC is just fine with all this fraud.)