Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that we are green, what you going to do, shorts?

The irony here is that the very institution you are sleeping with (the sec), which is suppose to engineer negative day for Tesla is now seemingly setting you up for a tiny squeeze.

Let’s face it. If you shorted this morning, you’re trapped! Tesla is producing at a highly efficient clip, the China & US tariff deals are likely going to happen, the SEC case will likely be thrown out by the judge (which could also set the sec back from attacking Tesla/Elon due to further embarrassment and possible loss of one’s career as this case is now made too public and evident that both you and the sec has a hard on for Musk and [pun intended]—longs).

Seriously, what an amazing bear trap! And right before the convertible repayment. And right before the European registration numbers really start taking off. And right as GF3 is starting to appear out of the ground at an amazing speed. And right before February US deliveries, which will almost assuredly be better than January. And probably relatively shortly before the MY unveil gets announced.

i don't trade a lot ... i got heavily invested in TSLA because i'm a huge fan of the actual product. my experience owning this stock and paying attention to how it's advised and traded has been incredibly harrowing and disturbing. not for my long TSLA position, but for every other position in my portfolio that i don't happen research obsessively on a daily basis. I can't believe how completely wrong almost all the available experts are on such a consistent basis.

extending this experience to other stocks and funds would lead me to believe that researching an investment would only decrease my ability to project its future performance. like, literally negative correlation between the accuracy of my perception and the amount of public information i consume about it. this is bad for capitalism, bad for democracy, and bad for humanity.

sure, there's a tipping point -- once you become immersed in a subject deep enough, the nonsense becomes easy to spot, but nobody has the bandwidth to live their actual life while becoming a true expert on every single investment they make. i mean, that's what mutual fund managers, analysts, and the media are supposed to obviate. instead, they are doing the opposite and making it more of a requirement than ever.

i've always played by the assumptions drilled into me by my father -- chief among these, maintain a broad, diverse portfolio to mitigate risk. this experience, though, is starting to convince me that the real risk is trusting anything other than my own primary research.

Elon, Ellison, MBS and Xi Jinping sitting in a jacuzzi right now doing market buys on Robinhood. Don’t know what else to say about this

Oh, I know that story, I know it!!!
  • Elon, Ellison, MBS and Xi Jinping sitting in a jacuzzi right now doing market buys on Robinhood.
  • Elon: "I just typed 420 to test our VIP app which bought me 420 thousand TSLA shares."
  • Ellison: "Oh, so the basic unit in the VIP app is 1,000 shares? Was wondering why the price was slipping so much when I entered 3333 TSLA. LOL, the Robinhood mark-up is steep, almost as much of a rip-off as our ... never mind."
  • MBS: "I have the VIP^2 version, which works in units of 1,000,000, and I never buy less than 10 units, of anything. Sorry about that $10 TSLA spike! Will these 10 million shares take it private yet?"
  • Xi Jinping's: "Elon, we have a minor pollution problem here in China. What would you say about a 20 billion dollars unsecured loan to expand your Shanghai Gigafactory from 3,000 cars per week to 100,000 cars per week? Can you do it in three to six months?"

Last edited:
Oh, I know that story, I know it!!!
  • Elon, Ellison, MBS and Xi Jinping sitting in a jacuzzi right now doing market buys on Robinhood.
  • Elon: "I just typed 420 to test our VIP app which bought me 420 thousand TSLA shares."
  • Ellison: "Oh, so the basic unit in the VIP app is 1,000 shares? Was wondering why the price was slipping so much when I entered 3333 TSLA. LOL, the Robinhood mark-up is steep, almost as much of a rip-off as our ... never mind."
  • MBS: "I have the VIP^2 version, which works in units of 1,000,000, and I never buy less than 10 units, of anything. Sorry about that $10 TSLA spike! Can we take it private yet?"
  • Xi Jinping's: "Elon, we have a small pollution problem here in China. What would you say about a 20 billion dollars unsecured loan to expand your Shanghai Gigafactory from 3,000 cars per week to 100,000 cars per week? Can you do it in three to six months?"

Or 2nd / 3rd degree SEC insider connected buys.

@anthonyj needs to go eat some *sugar* sandwiches right now btw.

What is causing this quick recovery?

Could it be that the release of the filing response date took the pressure off?

Could this mean that there is some thinking that EM will not be in this situation going forward through some action of the TSLA board?

Could this mean that the likelihood of a move away from the public markets is now more serious?

Could it mean that another short is going to announce a change of view? Could it be a bond ratings upgrade? Could it be an early payment of the debt?

My head is spinning!!!

Some of you may have noticed that substantial parts of Tesla's (international) corporate activities involve Dutch legal entities. Tesla European HQ is in Amsterdam. Logistics are fine in the nether regions (Netherlands plus Belgium, Luxembourg). Germany is a friendly neighbour, France too. The tax system is superb, the legal system is top notch, the government reliable.Tesla knows all this first hand.

The Amsterdam Stock Exchange would be more than happy to list Tesla. Trading hours would require a little more effort for US shareholders, but the holidays are less in number. Calendars & Hours | Euronext

Thank you very much for this opportunity, SEC.
They should list on the London stock exchange, they'll have the place to themselves shortly.

i don't trade a lot ... i got heavily invested in TSLA because i'm a huge fan of the actual product. my experience owning this stock and paying attention to how it's advised and traded has been incredibly harrowing and disturbing. not for my long TSLA position, but for every other position in my portfolio that i don't happen research obsessively on a daily basis. I can't believe how completely wrong almost all the available experts are on such a consistent basis.

extending this experience to other stocks and funds would lead me to believe that researching an investment would only decrease my ability to project its future performance. like, literally negative correlation between the accuracy of my perception and the amount of public information i consume about it. this is bad for capitalism, bad for democracy, and bad for humanity.

sure, there's a tipping point -- once you become immersed in a subject deep enough, the nonsense becomes easy to spot, but nobody has the bandwidth to live their actual life while becoming a true expert on every single investment they make. i mean, that's what mutual fund managers, analysts, and the media are supposed to obviate. instead, they are doing the opposite and making it more of a requirement than ever.

i've always played by the assumptions drilled into me by my father -- chief among these, maintain a broad, diverse portfolio to mitigate risk. this experience, though, is starting to convince me that the real risk is trusting anything other than my own primary research.

I can relate to your story.

I only got in to trading researching TSLA since I wanted to own a piece of a company that would change the world. To 'manage my risk' I spread my investments to some other stocks/ETF's, many times based off what 'professional analysts' wrote (not knowing any better, of course).

A very good friend of mine works in Investor Relations for a large company and when I told him what I was doing (cluelessly tiptoeing in the stock market) he panicked and told me never to trust analysts again. I remember vividly how he put it: "If analysts were so reliable, every average Joe would make a fortune in the stock market." (Also: if analysts were so good at predicting the market, they'd would'nt tell anybody about it and make billions on their own.)

Since then I treat analysts opinions as news that moves the stock, nothing more, nothing less. If the move is uncalled for, I see an edge and try to play it.

Either way it is sad that these people make a living spewing nonsense, acquiring credibility by all of the other nonsense-spewers.

On topic: great to see Tesla over $300 again.

Last edited:
A very good friend of mine works in Investor Relations for a large company and when I told him what I was doing (cluelessly tiptoeing in the stock market) he panicked and told me never to trust analysts again. I remember vividly how he put it: "If analysts were so reliable, every average Joe would make a fortune in the stock market." (Also: if analysts were so good at predicting the market, they'd would'nt tell anybody about it and make billions on their own.)over $300 again.
Yes. It's not much different than calling a psychic and asking for lotto numbers. If they really had a magic answer, they wouldn't be clocking into their job at an investment bank every day.