Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's an impressive escape. But it's bad that it needed to escape. One of my chief criticisms of AP is that it puts me in places that I should never be, especially driving along in people's blind spots. I don't expect it to be better than it is yet, but eventually it will have to be.

In the incident in question the AP was exemplary. Traffic was heavy, the Tesla was following another semi in the fast lane when the semi to the right changed lanes into the adjacent lane. The Tesla had about 5-10 mph on the semi until it continued to change into the Tesla lane. As the Tesla started to become squeezed for space it slowed down briefly before it confirmed the semi was continuing to come into it's lane at which point it slammed on the brakes to avoid collision.

Win for the Tesla. This wouldn't have even happened if the semi was a Tesla semi. Our roads are going to become MUCH safer in the next decade. The savings will be enormous! Older cars will become increasingly expensive to insure because they will be involved in a disproportionate number of accidents. This will add value to cars with the safety features built in.:cool:

2020 will be remembered as the "Bubba Gump Shrimp Company" moment when Tesla became THE Big Name in Automakers, and Hurricane Corona left other Automaker's fleet wrecked on the docks. ;)

jfeUadT.jpg

To the victor goes the spoils...

Cheers!

Oh man. This hits home so much.

One of my relationship with a girl just like Jenny
Except because I watched forest Gump, I never tried to save my Jenny.

Someone is optimistic.

I guess it's about 5pm in California now. Has there been any talk about deliveries into the evening/night as there has been at the end of a few quarters?

If not how what would be the reason? Maybe they've already sold everything they had made until a couple of days ago and don't really need to sell today's production to hit a number they are confident will be a profit?

Seems like a good sign if they are not pushing every single delivery center to deliver into the night. Unless they are so far off they've given up which seems very unlikely.

Someone is optimistic.

I guess it's about 5pm in California now. Has there been any talk about deliveries into the evening/night as there has been at the end of a few quarters?

If not how what would be the reason? Maybe they've already sold everything they had made until a couple of days ago and don't really need to sell today's production to hit a number they are confident will be a profit?

Seems like a good sign if they are not pushing every single delivery center to deliver into the night. Unless they are so far off they've given up which seems very unlikely.

Sorry to break this to you but Q2 ended yesterday :)

Someone is optimistic.

you know today is July?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
It's an impressive escape. But it's bad that it needed to escape. One of my chief criticisms of AP is that it puts me in places that I should never be, especially driving along in people's blind spots. I don't expect it to be better than it is yet, but eventually it will have to be.

I understand that thought process. I’d never have dawdled like that passing the semi.

Here’s the thing, though, the car was doing what it was programmed to do by the driver. The driver could easily have increased the speed pf the car to pass quickly and then slowed down.

To me that is driver error - both vehicles - not Tesla AP error. If the semi also had AP it wouldn’t have changed lanes into the Tesla in the first place.

So this really is an example of why ALL motor vehicles need AP. More attentive than people.

2020 will be remembered as the "Bubba Gump Shrimp Company" moment when Tesla became THE Big Name in Automakers, and Hurricane Corona left other Automaker's fleet wrecked on the docks. ;)

jfeUadT.jpg

To the victor goes the spoils...

Cheers!

Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of electric car company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.

After-action Report: Wed, Jul 01, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA launches 2020Q3 with another ATH"

Traded: $14,785,557,726.71 ($14.79 B)
Volume: 13,358,419
VWAP: $1,106.83

Closing SP / VWAP: 101.16%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 207.663B / 171.773B = 120.89%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 55.5% (52nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 50.3% (50th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.64% of Short Volume (46th Percentile rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-07-01.png

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Haha, it's even July 2nd here. Not sure what I was thinking.

But I guess the question stands. Was there a late night push?

We've got pictures of Elon with Kanye and something about wearing orange (this tweet was from today, but it got me thinking if maybe he spent time with Kanye the day before, on last day of Q2?), and Elon tweeting a bit on the final day of deliveries. I didn't hear anything about him personally delivering anything either. I got a feeling the results are good.