Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It goes under lifestyle inflation category because the maintenance cost increases your cash outflow. In certain instances where you owned some ICE vehicle that cost more cash to carry, then you are experiencing lifestyle deflation.

I think it'll all depend on how FSD appreciation curve will mesh with vehicle depreciation curve. Looking at other options, I see maybe a few ICE vehicles that can match that, like certain models of Toyota trucks that will likely appreciate over time like air cooled 911's did in the last decade.

I think that FSD will have the usual Tesla exponential, right now we're in the run-up phase. Once it starts to go, that will be the real nail in the coffin of traditional auto.

Reactions: saniflash
FYI in macro news:

US to reject nearly all Chinese claims in South China Sea

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say the Trump administration is poised to escalate its actions against China by stepping squarely into one of the most sensitive regional issues dividing them and rejecting outright nearly all of Beijing’s significant maritime claims in the South China Sea.

In a move the officials say is expected as early as Monday, the administration will present the decision as an attempt to curb China’s increasing assertiveness in the region with a commitment to recognizing international law. But it will almost certainly have the more immediate effect of further infuriating the Chinese, who are already retaliating against numerous U.S. sanctions and other penalties on other matters.