Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Counterpoint: Very few people feared dying by pushing the elevator button, or by talking to siri or alexa.
Counter-counterpoint: The vast majority of people were willing to trade their privacy for convenience and amusement. It seems reasonable to expect they’ll ignore a little (perceived) risk in order not to have to pry themselves away from their little screens.

I think people here in general are too judgmental. We don’t know TT007 other than his posts about trading, etc. He has a loving family and wife, too, I’m sure, and we don’t know what he is doing with his wealth. I also have noticed how he got bullied and disrespected and made fun of on this forum. I’ve been here for a long time, and have seen the respect for fellow traders take a down turn over the last year or so. I hope we all stay respectful towards each other.
respect is earned not given

Not lecture. I can see that if read, it can mean something else.

I was genuinely giving him heads up on what is to come at his new found wealth level (which is beyond a doctor's wealth). PPL who went through it will understand. Because it is a lot of pain.

As per TT007 postings he was already loaded having made millions on all sorts of stocks. His regret was always walking away too early and not being aggressive enough in past runs, errors which he swore he would avoid with TSLA. Of course, he is ultra bullish and at times in the past has looked foolish, think as almost all of us did. Who anticipated the abject failure the M3 launch was at first? Cost me a pretty penny....

Anyway, he has been a rich guy for a while, so I am thinking your concern is not necessary. He should be fine insofar as the millions he has minted.

I'm looking at the options chains and...we're gonna need some higher strikes.

4aa725edb5f1df40042b145c0b04a0a93ab62371d308c49ee7072f34dc1693ac.jpg

As per TT007 postings he was already loaded having made millions on all sorts of stocks. His regret was always walking away too early and not being aggressive enough in past runs, errors which he swore he would avoid with TSLA. Of course, he is ultra bullish and at times in the past has looked foolish, think as almost all of us did. Who anticipated the abject failure the M3 launch was at first? Cost me a pretty penny....

Anyway, he has been a rich guy for a while, so I am thinking your concern is not necessary. He should be fine insofar as the millions he has minted.
I know he bought a huge stack of Jan 2021 calls with strike prices below $400 IIRC, so he's likely made tens of millions while my portfolio has only crossed the 6 figure mark a couple of times... He ended up blocking me on twitter due to an existential reply of mine that had an F bomb in it.. o_O Pretty thin skinned for a multi-millionaire shrink.

Henrik has a poor track record, but he has at least built some cars. I'd trust him a lot more with my money than Trevor, which is a pretty poor reflection on Nikola, I think.

Maybe some of the newer members here don't know that, back int he day, Fisker was hired to work on the Model S, which ended up in a law-suit, which he won.

Tesla Motors v. Fisker Coachbuild (2008)[edit]
An arbitrator ruled in favor of Fisker Coachbuild. On 14 April 2008, Tesla Motors filed a lawsuit against Fisker Coachbuild, Fisker and Koehler, contending that they had fraudulently agreed to a design contract in 2007 only to gain access to confidential information, before announcing a competing vehicle, the Fisker Karma. Both the Tesla and Fisker vehicles in question were designed as serial hybrid cars, with a gas engine powering a generator that charges a battery to power the electric motor, and both were initially planned for delivery in 2010. The lawsuit sought to prevent Fisker from using Tesla design documents, along with a return of the money from the Tesla contract, plus punitive damages.[98] Fisker filed for arbitration in May 2008. An arbitrator ruled in their favor in November 2008, finding "overwhelming" evidence showing that Fisker did not do anything wrong.[18][99] Subsequently, Tesla was ordered to pay $1.14 million in legal fees and costs to Fisker.[100]

Tesla had planned to build the original Roadster with a gas engine??o_O

I know he bought a huge stack of Jan 2021 calls with strike prices below $400 IIRC, so he's likely made tens of millions while my portfolio has only crossed the 6 figure mark a couple of times... He ended up blocking me on twitter due to an existential reply of mine that had an F bomb in it.. o_O Pretty thin skinned for a multi-millionaire shrink.

He's a shrink?

I think he just tried to play us as part of his Tesla scheme! It was all an act. Seriously.

There is a conclusion that my mentor reached. That sudden increase in wealth just amplifies a person's original personality.

Some ppl realizes that and will try to seek out answers on how to reconcile with the new found wealth. Sadly, not many ppl knows the answer or have experienced it to give advice.

I can say that hookers and blow ended up being the choice for many that ended up in this predicament.

Trick question: would a new Tesla go under the "hookers and blow" category? :)

In all seriousness, big thank you to all the folks here who armed us with up to the minute trading/investing advise and all the info one would possibly care to know in the matters of Tesla.

I'll admit I sold a little and deleveraged a bit, almost caught the local top. Now to figure out what to diversify into..

Paytience people! If TSLA holds 1656 support we are fine for an afternoon run. The support is there, the catalyst for earnings is alive and well. The short side has taken a beating and this is becoming a fight for survival...25 million volume! Crazy. Enjoy this roller coaster