Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jim Keller will undoubtedly go into the computer chip hall of fame. His accomplishments warrant his place in history. He is a hardware developer — that said — chip development has always been dovetailed with software. Jim is a giant in the industry.

I can’t imagine the level of conversation that took place between Elon and Jim.

Jim Keller is markedly more bullish on “Full Self Driving” than the sentiment on TMC.

Suddenly, rockets were reusable. I’m betting on Jim and Elon.

Elon has stated before about the fact that there is a version of FSD very much farther along than the production version we use or the beta versions that we see pop up from time to time......but it was nice to hear him repeat, with probably more clarity that ever before, that he actively uses a much more advanced version of FSD and that's the reason he's so confident in FSD being feature complete this year(though my expectation is early to mid 2021).

It's crazy to hear people or even some tesla investors talk about their frustrations with FSD progress by continually using the production version of FSD that's out there today as an indicator of progress. FSD continues to be something that could one day hit feature completely out of nowhere and release to the public and cause a near instantaneous 50-100% gain in the stock.........yes....even at at $2,000 share price.

He needs to walk down WS with her behind him!

96B3B6E3-D002-423A-8F00-29BC8F21D0FB.jpeg
Sorry that is not capitulation.
He needs to wear short shorts walking down wall Street with a sandwich board that says "I'm a idiot"
That would be capitulation.

Elon can be very persuasive as we’ve seen, like in China. But this is Texas. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
As slimy as politicians are, there’s a code when it comes to things like this. If Elon wanted a change in the laws, Abbott would have promised it, and he knows he can strong-arm the legislature.

The exact same thing happened last year when Abbott’s buddy Warren Buffett wanted a loophole in the same law. It sailed through.

so he admits he was wrong and then doubles down on his original point of view.

wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

do these clowns even realize how shallow, stupid, and transparent their agenda is? or are they so saturated from stewing in their own bullshit they actually believe it?

no accountability or original thought in little boy charlie. dad, uncle jim, and fellow crony sonnenfeld must be proud

I look at regulatory credits as being part of the rules, and a company would be stupid not to take advantage of those rules. To me, complaining about it is like complaining that Team A beat Team B in basketball because they made more free throws so that somehow cheapens the win.

The positive is that the Wall St media is going to be so focused on the credits that they're completely ignoring how margins & profit per car got hit from amortization. Due to lower production out of the same amount of equipment/machinery in Fremont and also still not full potential production out of the equipment/machinery in Giga China, Tesla got hit harder by amortization than usual due to the the factory being shut down. Q3 at full production in Freemont and now Giga China for MIC Model 3 will do a complete 180 on that hit. I continue to believe Q3 margins and profits will blow Wall st away.

Imagine beating EPS estimates by 1500% and only seeing a 3.5% rise after hours and still being off ATH by $145 :confused:

The stock isn’t being priced for this quarters relatively tiny earnings In the hundreds of millions, it’s being priced for potentially massive earnings years down the line in the tens of billions, I would only expect massive stock moves now from news that changed the long term projections for better or worse.

For instance I am very happy that the market no longer seems to care about S/X prospects, and all the focus is on 3/Y/CT/Semi/Future smaller model/Energy Products/FSD and geographic expansion of manufacturing.

Jim Keller will undoubtedly go into the computer chip hall of fame. His accomplishments warrant his place in history. He is a hardware developer — that said — chip development has always been dovetailed with software. Jim is a giant in the industry.

I can’t imagine the level of conversation that took place between Elon and Jim.

Jim Keller is markedly more bullish on “Full Self Driving” than the sentiment on TMC.

Suddenly, rockets were reusable. I’m betting on Jim and Elon.
I’d love to see Elon hire Jim Keller as a shared resource for Neuralink, Tesla, SpaceX AMD any thing Elon might have up his sleeve.

Our good buddy Cramer:

Cramer’s lightning round: ‘You should stay away’ from Nikola

Nikola Corporation: “Supply overwhelmed demand, which is not a good sign. Most of the good stocks are like Tesla where demand is overwhelming supply. I think that you should stay away. There is much better places for you to put your money.”