Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. The pattern is to plummet to the Mid-BB (which you have to look up in realtime, not the night before), and then stay below that level for ust a few minutes before bouncing.

SP did exactly that again today (just like Jun 29) and has already recovered over $40 on the bounce.

TL;dr Predict plunge to the Mid-BB, bounce on strong support

Thanks for the insight. You mentioned earlier that you would buy in. Were you able to get near the low you predicted?

View attachment 568337 Yesterdays volume that we were not allowed to see until close....
Above is zoomed in on yesterdays volume. The Calls with the 1540 and 1560 strikes were my hope that things might look up today. We also a lot of Puts trading around at 1550. This morning however after looking at the recalculated open interest those Calls and Puts are not there. They were just bots making money off the volatility. There are no significant Calls basically until 1600. No significant Puts until 1500. Everything between 1500 and 1600 has pretty much been cleaned out.

Open Interest today with the max pain remaining at 1495 shown below. I was hoping for a rise in max pain. We did not get one. Realistically there is nothing between 1500 and 1700 since there are puts sold at 1600 too. This has been positioned so the close today can be almost anywhere.
View attachment 568338
Someone is holding onto calls at the 1415 strike range altho not many. It will be interesting to see if the THEY go after those today by pushing the SP down to the point the owner takes what profits they can by selling (closing) them before they go to zero. With any luck we should remain above the Puts with the $1600 strike for the end today but I and not going to hold out for that.... literally.

I am really wondering now if the large number of shares hanging around that can be shorted are going to be used in the coming days to push the price down to prepare for S&P inclusion. Sure that can cause the price to spike back up but at least it will be spiking up from $1000 instead of $1800. This is going to make for an interesting next week.

Next weeks max pain is already at 1510.
View attachment 568339

Remember. Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop and enjoy your day at volatility city.

Now 9000 puts at $1500, I would expect them to want it above this by close?

Thanks for the insight. You mentioned earlier that you would buy in. Were you able to get near the low you predicted?
Thank you for your comment. On principle, I do not discuss individual trades here on TMC, but you can rest assured that at precisely 09:30:15 the value of the Mid-BB was $1,386.27

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-07-24.09-30.png

There is predictive power in that information. How one chooses to use it is up to each individual investor. Not advice. GLTA.

Note: SP up $70 from Intraday Low as of 10:22 ET.

Cheers!

Last edited:
No. The pattern is to plummet to the Mid-BB (which you have to look up in realtime, not the night before), and then stay below that level for just a few minutes before bouncing.

SP did exactly that again today (just like Jun 29) and has already recovered over $50 on the bounce as of 10:08 ET.

TL;dr Predict plunge to the Mid-BB, bounce on strong support

Thank you so much! I sold my short term play at the open and picked it up at the Mid-BB based on your guidance. What's your favorite charity? I'd like to share the love.

lol this kind of option buying should be banned, like @Curt Renz says this is most likely sports bettors who don't know what to do with their money anymore. :rolleyes:

View attachment 568364
IMO, there are numerous people on this board who might be starting to see the benefits of buying-and-hodling. Sellers of ITM puts and owners of OTM calls could be learning an expensive lesson this week. I do hope not too expensive of a lesson. GLTA

Check out Octopus Energy in the UK. The powerwall is managed by Tesla and helps with grid stabilisation. I suspect Autobidder is using your powerwall to achieve this.

From the FAQ:
Octopus Energy

The NowYouKnow channel on Youtube had a segment on this a couple weeks ago. There were actually periods of time where the utility would PAY Octopus Energy to take the kW, so they can instruct the Powerwalls to fill up, and the EV's to charge for free, or better yet to get paid to charge.
If Tesla would start that here, I'd sign up! :D

We're now >$200 a share below where we reported blowout profits (given half quarter was shut down due to COVID). This is lunacy, and the market is stupid.

On the bright side, this too shall pass and this is a great buying opportunity.

Meh, don't worry about the day-to-days too much.

Tesla had a rad quarter, we got confirmation of much better to come, and dumb shortzes are giving you a nicer buy-in price right after... They're basically giving longs money

please give me a bookmark for these "level 2" charts...if it is not behind a paywall.
And thank you.
(I hear the brighter people on here mentioning them so there must be something there...though I probably will not see the charts the way they are able to.)
Your brokerage should be able to have some software you can download to view the level 2 quotes.
upload_2020-7-24_7-29-7.png