Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning. Immediately cringed at what Elon was tweeting last night.

The coup tweet will only be taken seriously by conspiracy theorists, but it's hard not to interpret "Pronouns suck" as a coded message against transgender people. Even Grimes replied begging him to turn off his phone (now deleted).

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1286876580581695489?s=09

What?? I’m clearly living under a rock. How you get from point A to B on that is beyond me. It’s quite literally the LAST thing I’d be able to come up with from his tweet.

And frankly, she can’t know him very well if she thinks he ‘hates’ any particular group of people. He’s as tolerant of others as I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t even ‘hate’ the shorts. He is after all trying to save us all from ourselves and he’s made a baby with her; someone he just described as the most unusual person he’s known.

And — why would she tweet that in the first place. Why didn’t she simply text him or call him herself rather than communicate via a tweet?? Seriously, I don’t get it even a bit. I must officially be old.

Must go tell my spouse now that communications of what we deem serious in nature need to be conveyed via Twitter for all the world to see because that’s how people be doing it nowadays. Long gone are the days of simply hanging our laundry outdoors for the neighbors. Now we want everyone in the world to know. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with your interpretation; it could even be taken as pro-transgender (do away with pronouns altogether).

But to tweet it without context or clarification is an open invitation for drama.

He's a smart man. He knows how his words will be interpreted.

OMG — so much made up drama. Thank the heaven above chairs can’t talk. Even though they’re under appreciated, if they’re half as dramatic as humans there’d have been a chair revolt of such epic proportions.

More than pronouns, people suck.

NYT has an interview with Elon up. It's very fluffy, and I really don't like the writing style, but there's a few interesting bits about Elon, his state of mind, both lately and in the last couple years and such.
This was an enjoyable read, and provides quite a bit of substance around some of his tweets that have been controversial over the last few years. Worth the time if you have it.

Woke up this morning. Immediately cringed at what Elon was tweeting last night.

The coup tweet will only be taken seriously by conspiracy theorists, but it's hard not to interpret "Pronouns suck" as a coded message against transgender people. Even Grimes replied begging him to turn off his phone (now deleted).

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1286876580581695489?s=09

TCF445_30a4c398-7636-4e66-93a0-115098ac740d.png

A company that reinvests 100% of your dividends in its own stock by not paying out any dividends is giving you compound interest through the growth of their stock
That's shortsighted. The only reason
why someone will buy your shares at an acceptable price is because they expect a dividend or they expect to sell them to another person who expect a dividend.

Good Saturday afternoon all you Teslarites! Hoping one (or more) of you esteemed gentlepeople can help me. In the blur following the Financial presentation, I thought I saw a post here that mentioned SpaceX issuing a certain amount of new shares to finance a specific project. If I wasn't dreaming (which may have been possible this week), could someone guide me to the correct post(s) discussing this? I didn't see anything in the SpaceX investment thread. I would appreciate your help!

And on another OT note, to illustrate just how wild my dreams have been as of late, I recently found myself grabbing for my bedroom TV remote to turn down the volume in my dream as it was too loud... BTW the TV was NOT on at the time.

Retirement is either good or one hell of a dream/nightmare.

I know, right?

My Model S is down to just under 250 miles max range, and it's still great... how times have changed.

(incidentally, I do think the minimums of 300 is an excellent move... as ideal range is compromised in may driving conditions)

My nearly 5-yr-old 70D is down to 225, but I wonder when it will really matter. Would probably pay for a battery replacement to get 300+, but it doesn’t seem like Tesla is in any rush to cater to early adopters.

Reactions: scaesare
So fed up with the profitability talking these past few days, we are all long term HOLDer here, we all understand it’s better for the company to continue investing for the future than rush to being profitable.

Tesla will be cash flow positive from now on, they will keep investing and won’t run out of ideas to invest in for a long time.

When they have so much money coming in, that they can not invest enough in a meaningful way, they would be forced to become profitable, that would happen eventually, but not anytime soon.

Before that, it’s better to be balancing on the verge of being profitable, investors do not worry about that, since that’s exactly how AMZN played out.

That is not why investors were selling in the past two days, because investors were not selling.

We will know who was selling when next short interest report come out, I guess.

Weekend off topic seems to be even more off topic.:eek:
Pronouns=gender identity:confused:

What I was thinking watching the video up thread about the factory's being built was how incredible it is to watch history being made right before our eyes!
We are fortunate to watch a company being built that will be talked and written about for many many years!

I am a Tesla fanatic (as called by more than one person) and I don't think I am aware just how freaking huge this company is going to be.
The market's that we know about that it is entering (Energy production/storage, Insurance, sustainable transportation, Grid scale storage becoming a freaking energy utility!)...I mean my little mind boggles with the potential upside!
Because I am such a fanatic I think everyone must know about this fantastic company. But the truth is we are a minority. Even with the latest run up with the SP most people are clueless about how disruptive Tesla really is.

SMR has a new YouTube clip that talks about this.

The fact we have a front row seat ...and if you follow your heart and invest in this company...is to me the opportunity of a lifetime.
I for one am ecstatic I am here and alive to watch history being made!

Plus I am going to be stupid rich...which is good cause I can be stupid at times!

Good Saturday afternoon all you Teslarites! Hoping one (or more) of you esteemed gentlepeople can help me. In the blur following the Financial presentation, I thought I saw a post here that mentioned SpaceX issuing a certain amount of new shares to finance a specific project. If I wasn't dreaming (which may have been possible this week), could someone guide me to the correct post(s) discussing this? I didn't see anything in the SpaceX investment thread. I would appreciate your help!

And on another OT note, to illustrate just how wild my dreams have been as of late, I recently found myself grabbing for my bedroom TV remote to turn down the volume in my dream as it was too loud... BTW the TV was NOT on at the time.

Retirement is either good or one hell of a dream/nightmare.

It was in this thread, you weren’t dreaming about it. I can’t, however, tell you who (not a prominent regular poster that I recall) or when other than it was posted this week. So, maybe start at Monday and work your way forward to no further than to include Thursday as it wasn’t posted yesterday.

Reactions: wipster
It was in this thread, you weren’t dreaming about it. I can’t, however, tell you who (not a prominent regular poster that I recall) or when other than it was posted this week. So, maybe start at Monday and work your way forward to no further than to include Thursday as it wasn’t posted yesterday.
@wipster
40 pages ago
fyi: Elon Musk's SpaceX in talks to raise funds at $44 bln valuation

The search function will let you look through this thread with a specific date range and keyword.

Thanks Islander!

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand
NYT has an interview with Elon up. It's very fluffy, and I really don't like the writing style, but there's a few interesting bits about Elon, his state of mind, both lately and in the last couple years and such.

Well her style was never to my liking but it has slipped rather dramatically from what it was.

Still, a good interview as you say to gain insight into Elon (even though he's super-transparent and basically as honest as they come). Worth a read.