Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it make sense for a 5:1 or 10:1 split now to take us to a $150-$300 SP?
I think it would personally Tes, but Elon said it would be a topic of discussion during the Shareholders meeting, so keep your fingers crossed. Besides it's been discussed quite a lot earlier in this thread. There may actually be a new thread specifically on stock splits somewhere in the forum.

Would it make sense for a 5:1 or 10:1 split now to take us to a $150-$300 SP?

Would someone show this gentleman the door?

You get bonus points for not mentioning Apple and Tesla in the same sentence as I have just done, but it’s not a lot of bonus points.

Top 5 rehashed topics - in no particular order

1. Apple going to buy Tesla, Do we want Apple to buy Tesla, Apple should buy Tesla.
2. When we getting our dividends, bro?
3. Tesla service sucks balls!
4. Stock split? Bueller?
5. Why TSLA SP, up, down, crashed, melted, imploded, exploded, self-mutilated, tanked, etc., etc.

Would someone show this gentleman the door?

You get bonus points for not mentioning Apple and Tesla in the same sentence as I have just done, but it’s not a lot of bonus points.

Top 5 rehashed topics - in no particular order

1. Apple going to buy Tesla, Do we want Apple to buy Tesla, Apple should buy Tesla.
2. When we getting our dividends, bro?
3. Tesla service sucks balls!
4. Stock split? Bueller?
5. Why TSLA SP, up, down, crashed, melted, imploded, exploded, self-mutilated, tanked, etc., etc.
6. When is the S&P inclusion? and if it happens...willl the stock go up?

When a value stock joins the S&P its SP doesn't change much because it's true value hasn't changed. TSLA on the other hand is largely valued by supply and demand. Nobody knows what its true value should be.

The demand for TSLA is currently artificially low due to it not being in the S&P. When it is added this will be corrected and the SP will rise permanently.

Last edited:
When a value stock joins the S&P its SP doesn't change much because it's true value hasn't changed. Tesla on the other hand is largely valued by supply and demand. Nobody knows what its true value should be.

The demand for TSLA is currently artificially low due to it not being in the S&P. When it is added this will be corrected and the SP will rise permanently.
Demand issues you say?...hmm....interesting you think there are DEMAND issues.
I said it twice...should bring a cat around.

Sigh... almost 2 months to wait for Battery Day. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait that long! Maybe I'll just go into quarantine somewhere...

You know, at this point I don’t even care what they do or do not show. The speculation is so overbought right now, I just want it to be over so we can obsess over something new.

You know, at this point I don’t even care what they do or do not show. The speculation is so overbought right now, I just want it to be over so we can obsess over something new.

I'm praying to the heavens that a refreshed Model S is there(and thus we can assume an updated X will follow too)......not because I think a refreshed Model S is that important........but because the speculation over the refresh can finally end already. It's been 2 years of rumor/speculation. 2 years of people I know asking when the refresh is gonna happen. I'm so over it :rolleyes:

Sigh... almost 2 months to wait for Battery Day. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait that long! Maybe I'll just go into quarantine somewhere...

I'm going to visit family for the first 2 weeks of Sept. I'm definitely doing the trip to see family.....but I timed it so that it makes Sept fly by more quickly ;)

Just a quick after-hours reminder about the big picture, and one of the reasons I am so proud to invest in Tesla, and so appalled that there are those looking to tear it down just to make a quick buck:

https://twitter.com/climate/status/1287844193315033094

By the end of Summer 2019 the Arctic ice cap had shrunk to a record low since satellite monitoring started in 1979 and the first ice-free summer could happen by the middle of the century

Ed9VtEOXkAEO8eY

https://twitter.com/climate/status/1287844200852197378

The shrinking ice cap accelerates warming globally, and that melting ice in turn leads to rising sea levels potentially exposing millions of people to flooding

Ed9VyaEXsAASZNa

After-action Report: Mon, Jul 27, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Doubletaps Mid-BB before Closing +8.65%"

Traded: $23,986,795,421.53 ($23.8 B)
Volume: 16,209,069
VWAP: $1,479.84

Closing SP / VWAP: 104.18%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $285.557BB / $177.475B = 160.90%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $261.41
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $156.58
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap adjusted due to inc. in TSLA Shares Outstanding (185.48M)

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 42.2% (44th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 51.8% (52nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 1.30% of Short Volume (51st Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-07-25.png

Comment: "Intraday Low within pennies of Mid-BB again. Word."

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

I think we need to worry more about Godzilla, judging by the colour of those ponds (toxic waste?).

In Europe environmental laws are so strict it would be impossible to just fill those ponds with sand, as they are doing here. The water would first have to be pumped out and any contaminated soil dug up.
Not sure if anyone has responded with this nugget, but Trump recently removed the requirements for "environmental impact study" and other things which might actually have obliged Tesla to go into some "site investigation phase" to see if there might be environmental problems. Across Austin on the other side of town there was a debacle in the late 80's/early 90's with real-estate developers whose plans turned out to be a threat to rare salamanders - and it was successfully defended by environmentalists, so they had to retreat from that area. Barton Springs Salamander | AustinTexas.gov

There is no way Tesla could have carried out full investigations, given the timeline we've all been following. So if there are "bats" or whatever else out there... they are getting steamrolled!

I would expect Elon to exceed Federal requirements, though.

I’m obviously unconcerned with looks or stigma.
I have to be concerned with reliability because Tesla NY service has a really poor track record with people I know. And I plan on taking the Cyber off road into the woods. I might need the Cyberquad as an escape vehicle if I get stuck, or increase the size of the battery pack in my 6x6 to get me back to civilization.