Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the legal entity, can you please share
  1. if such legal entity comes with tax deferred advantage? and
  2. what it takes to have such a legal entity through which one can trade?
On the strategies front, do you mind share some details, if you already did in some other post, can you please share link to the post?

1. I'm in Belgium, so has no bearing in US... In any case, I bought all my initial shares in my personal account, then the tax authorities here decided to start levying a "speculation tax", meaning any shares sold less than 12 months after purchase would be subject to a 33% taxation. At that time I was thinking to do some trading and found out that corporate trading didn't attract the same penalty, so I setup another account registered to my company and put a few €k and started to play about.

What I didn't realise at the time, was that any profits on this account would be subject to standard corporate taxation, and in the meantime, they abolished the speculation tax on personal trading accounts. In fact on personal trading account there's no tax due at all in Belgium, but hey, first-world problems, eh?

2. Advice? Buy LEAP during big dips, as close to the money as you can and then hold them as long as you can. You may well lose your premium, but with e growth stock like $TSLA, you'll make big bucks too. Also, when the stock is stagnant, sell puts and covered calls. For more info, a lot more info, refer to this thread: Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA

None of the above is advice, you understand, I'm just an idiot that got lucky...

They must be under the mistaken belief that if they continuously cap it that we will eventually give up and move on. I guess they think HODL is just a typo.

If its not expensive to manipulate it like this and you have a good understanding of when inclusion might happen bringing down the VI as much as it seems to be crashing makes short term calls potentially highly profitable when inclusion does happen

Tesla has had quite a bit of difficulty in this regard, but what they did not have was a competitor mass producing compelling EVs. Any newcomer, whether that is Rivian or someone else, will have to solve the manufacturing problems for their design. Maybe Rivian will succeed (I hope so) -- but I suspect that their "early- to mid- next year" [1] estimate for bringing their vehicle [to market] is optimistic. Their struggle will be the same as other newcomers: to stay afloat while struggling with production issues.

Maybe Musk is wrong and volume manufacturing isn't that hard. But the dearth of successful automotive startups speaks volumes.

1) Rivian raises $2.5 billion in aggressive plan to beat Tesla and Nikola with the first all-electric pickup

1) Rivian has ~$5B to stay afloat while fixing production problems.

2) Rivian isn't attempting Alien Dreadnought,automated parts distributions via conveyor belt system within the factory or flufferbot. I heard one of Rivian's engineers saying they are splitting the difference between Detroit's same ol same ol and Tesla's trying to revolutionize every aspect of manufacturing.

Tesla was batting for a Grand Slam during Model 3 ramp up. Rivian will bat for a double during R1T/S ramp up.

They must be under the mistaken belief that if they continuously cap it that we will eventually give up and move on. I guess they think HODL is just a typo.
NoOoo? They are capping, but they have another chapter in their playbook for when it starts to get away from them.
Could a mere simpleton like me visualize they are taking all their profits at doing this and buying shares to sell after the breakout?