Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this is tesla related:

View attachment 572786

View attachment 572787

Oh jeezus....he's def getting desperate.
To put this into perspective (and approximately chronological):

Trevor played around with some CAD designs

Tesla does the Cyber Truck reveal and gets a huge amount of attention

Trevor tries for some free publicity with this twitter post

Cyber Truck rakes in hundreds of thousands of reservations

Trevor sets up a "like me" page and gets 1,500 hits in the first day and brags about it

Musk doesn't notice Trevor so he starts looking for an OEM, but the lack of interest in a CAD render and 89,000 "likes" is disappointing

Trevor starts taking reservations to improve OEM interest, but no one wants his truck so the OEMs remain uninterested

Trevor starts to manage expectations by suggesting an OEM might make 5,000 trucks a year

At the earnings call the CEO talks around the reservation count question with a lengthy explanation of how Nikola was never even interested in making a truck and that it was up to an OEM to make one​

Summary:
  • Tesla will actually make the Cyber Truck in volume (thousands a week).
  • Trevor is an attention [redacted] who keeps trying to hang onto Elon's coattails with his copycat behavior.
  • No OEM is going to pay Nikola for a CAD render that they could generate in-house.
  • And yet, there are still the Nikola faithful who cannot grok that a CAD render is not a complete design for a vehicle.

On this day in history,
  • 1914 1st electric traffic light installed in the USA on the corner of East 105th Street and Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio
  • 1926 Houdini stays in a coffin under water for 1½ hrs before escaping. Maybe these are signs we will break free:eek:
  • Historical Events on August 5
I'm pretty sure today is inclusion day. It came to me in a vision yesterday.

To put this into perspective (and approximately chronological):

Trevor played around with some CAD designs

Tesla does the Cyber Truck reveal and gets a huge amount of attention

Trevor tries for some free publicity with this twitter post

Cyber Truck rakes in hundreds of thousands of reservations

Trevor sets up a "like me" page and gets 1,500 hits in the first day and brags about it

Musk doesn't notice Trevor so he starts looking for an OEM, but the lack of interest in a CAD render and 89,000 "likes" is disappointing

Trevor starts taking reservations to improve OEM interest, but no one wants his truck so the OEMs remain uninterested

Trevor starts to manage expectations by suggesting an OEM might make 5,000 trucks a year

At the earnings call the CEO talks around the reservation count question with a lengthy explanation of how Nikola was never even interested in making a truck and that it was up to an OEM to make one​

Summary:
  • Tesla will actually make the Cyber Truck in volume (thousands a week).
  • Trevor is an attention [redacted] who keeps trying to hang onto Elon's coattails with his copycat behavior.
  • No OEM is going to pay Nikola for a CAD render that they could generate in-house.
  • And yet, there are still the Nikola faithful who cannot grok that a CAD render is not a complete design for a vehicle.
I'm excited to see which OEM is going to invest the billions that they don't have into making a truck that doesn't exist for a company that doesn't bring anything to the table.

Last edited:
Where is the volume today? Did the amp blow up? Forget to turn on the phono preamp? Tube(s) go bad?...

Volume is normally slow in August. And TSLA's narrow trading range in recent weeks could have made it uninteresting to day-traders. At the same time, since the return of professional sports, many temporary day-traders may have returned to sports betting.

Elon bored face
Elon Musk bored.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
I'm sure that Elon does not have the time to consider having "enemies". Besides they are always in the rear view mirror and Elon only goes forward at an increasing rate.
He’s not dumb. He’s trying to get attention from Elon Twitter follower and if Elon response is even better for him. Con man knows most of the tricks.

However, I have a "play" account, which is a separate legal entity - as it's registered to my company - and this is up, 120x since last September, by trading - options, day-trading, LEAPS. Has been huge fun and a total game-changer for me.

Of course it helps having a stonk that generally just goes up, quickly, but I also made a hell of a lot when it was trading sideways, like now. It's perfect for selling weeklies.

On the legal entity, can you please share
  1. if such legal entity comes with tax deferred advantage? and
  2. what it takes to have such a legal entity through which one can trade?
On the strategies front, do you mind share some details, if you already did in some other post, can you please share link to the post?

• Helpful
Reactions: Dwdnjck
I know we are bored and it's fun to make fun of the idiots at NKLA but since we all agree it's kinda pointless to discuss unless it's something new and material.

My .03 (money printer go brrrrrrr cause inflation)
On the legal entity, can you please share
  1. if such legal entity comes with tax deferred advantage? and
  2. what it takes to have such a legal entity through which one can trade?
On the strategies front, do you mind share some details, if you already did in some other post, can you please share link to the post?
I work under an LLC with S corp taxation and I've looked into this myself. I don't see any tax advantages.

If you were to plot the amount of time TSLA spends in the red vs. time it spends in the green on days like today, we'd see it probably 95% in the red or larger...even though we essentially close flat.

Is there a better explanation for this other than manipulators just want to make it look to casual observers like TSLA is always in the red?

If you were to plot the amount of time TSLA spends in the red vs. time it spends in the green on days like today, we'd see it probably 95% in the red or larger...even though we essentially close flat.

Is there a better explanation for this other than manipulators just want to make it look to casual observers like TSLA is always in the red?
The red pixels don't interfere with your night vision the way green and blue ones do.

If this Friday we close at around 1400-1430, and next Monday we jump to 1500 again, then we know we have a hundred dollars worth of people hoping for S&P announcement throughout the week.