Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this sucks. A day when everything is green, we are down another 3%.

Things have defaulted to the usual steady drip of negative TSLA articles that pick away at gains.

This time it is the usual stories that "competitors are just around the corner".

Then some reality comes out that those competitors have nothing to compete with...
While Tesla achieves yet another great milestone...

...and TSLA booms back up.

who the hell is the market for this. I can afford one, but I don't want one. Why would I? Most people spending > $100k are likely in their forties or fifties. A lot of them are men. I don't know about you, but at age 50 no way will my bladder let me go 500 miles without a stop. So why would this have ANY value?

To be fair, its a decent strategy to start with a high price car and work down, its the teslas model, but teslas model worked when there was no competing EV. Now there is. its 10x harder for them.

Where will it charge? Who long will it take? It may need the range to make a trip in the same time Tesla can do it on a 80Kw battery.

On days like this, I like to take a longer point of view and just appreciate what we have today, because it will probably go lower tomorrow.
Now that sentiment on this board has subsided to a sort of begrudging acceptance that share price will slow-bleed until Battery day, I bet you we blast off this week
as long as one contrarian remains, it doesn't work. You have to give in completely. Don't make us wait now.

Tech ran up all the way from the March lows and powered the market. It's only natural that profit taking and rotation into other stocks is happening. Quality stocks must go down before they rise to a new high. Look it up....its a worthwhile read :)

Tech stocks are down because they have had a huge run AND because people are pretty clueless. You can argue that Tesla and FAANG are over valued but then you want to invest in RCL or similar?

Rich Smith of The Motley Fool is accusing Tesla of filing a frivolous lawsuit against Rivian because Rivian's truck can do a 'tank turn'. Apparently tank turns somehow helps with parallel parking (??) and therefore Tesla is unlawfully seeking to end the whole Rivian tank parking threat..

You Stole My Employees! Tesla's Allegations Spark Lawsuit Against Rivian | The Motley Fool

'Perhaps it's because Rivian is looking like the kind of competitor that could accelerate a bit faster than Tesla is comfortable with. Rivian's R1T prototype, after all, made quite a stir last year when it showed off a "tank turn" feature permitting the truck to steer all four wheels independently so as to spin around a stationary point. That's a trick Tesla has yet to duplicate, and it's something that would be very helpful in parallel parking, I imagine.'

'This lawsuit could be just the kind of convenient speed bump Tesla needs to slow Rivian's roll while Tesla gets its own electric truck ready for sale.'
I've decided that Fool is just a click bait site these days. I agree that the article is borderline defamatory.
Pretty standard summer downtime for TSLA. Gets pushed down on low volume then the spring unloads at some point. Today will end green IMO, too much +macro.
The longer it's flat the bigger the movement. (which will be up I think)

Strong support at the Lower-BB this morning on good volume (2.0M shares traded in first 30 min). Shortzes tried a fast one dropping the SP 20 bux in the 1st 3 min, but then the buying kicked in. :cool:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-08-11.10-00.png

Tech ran up all the way from the March lows and powered the market. It's only natural that profit taking and rotation into other stocks is happening. Quality stocks must go down before they rise to a new high. Look it up....its a worthwhile read :)
Yup, nothing to worry about, except that Rona accelerated this transition as entertainment and travel stocks are like hot potato musical chairs. I suspect tomorrow or Thursday there will be profiting taking on the other side and these folks will be back. Currently tech stocks are safe Havens.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP