Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard Interior with no center console cover
Note the dash is now a black plastic instead of a wooden trim.
Also no white seating for standard interior, makes sense.

compositor-1.png

For comparison purposes, here is premium interior
compositor.png

As an existing Model 3 RWD Long Range owner, I'm pretty happy to see my range increase from 310 miles to 325. My car just keeps getting better. What other auto manufacturer can offer this? Thank you Tesla!!! :)

"We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles."

$35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

Do you have a list of all Tesla debts upcoming handy?

Yes. Here's the ones that will be repaid I think (the others like short term warehouse credit lines that I expect to be rolled forward):
  • $566M Convertible Senior Note due in FY4Q19. SolarCity leftover.
  • $210M Revolving Aggregation Credit Facility due in FY4Q19
That's all for the next two years, until March 2021 when $1.4b convertible notes will be due with a $360 conversion price, but I'd expect those to convert to shares. The $210m one might be paid off, or rolled over.

As annoying as it's going to be for the next couple of months with the media claiming that there's no demand every time Tesla lowers their price..……….now that we finally have arrived to the 35k model there shouldn't be anymore price drops for a very long time. So tired of that narrative.

It is pretty disappointing to hear Musk say Tesla definitely won't be profitable in Q1 and only likely profitable in Q2. Only 4-5 months ago on the Q3 earnings, Musk was so confident that every quarter going forward was going to be profitable. It's pretty hard for me to understand how Q2 will not 100% be a profitable quarter.

Also, Musk might be waiting until Q1 earnings to talk about 35k Model 3 margin but sure would have been nice to hear him say they're at least break even right now

As an existing Model 3 RWD Long Range owner, I'm pretty happy to see my range increase from 310 miles to 325. Thank you Tesla!!! :)

"We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles."

Works like magic!

GIF-image-1.gif

As an existing Model 3 RWD Long Range owner, I'm pretty happy to see my range increase from 310 miles to 325. Thank you Tesla!!! :)

I'm also thankful but I suspect we had this range all along (EPA range was much higher than the advertised 310 miles), so we'll have a higher number on the dashboard for sure... and a faster car to displace these electrons ;)

so I am curious what they mean by the sales location closings. the shorts are going to run with this that every location is closing. I am wondering if they mean most sales only locations are closing and they areq0 going to reduce sales cost at those that are also service centers. my service center is also a sales center and doubt it would make since to lock that side of building and not allow anyone in. could see reducing staff to limited appointment only at service centers.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
The today news are much bigger than people are able to comprehend as of now.

It will take a couple of days and likely weeks for the market to realize as well. All of a sudden there is a huge amount of variants with different price points people can choose from. With that an exponential demand level is opened and that is almost unlimited as Elon said in the ER call. We are now in the +500k p.a. unit range and this just for the markets Tesla delivers to today. With other markets I see +800 in sight.

The demand question is over.

On top and from most overlooked but very important the cost reduction with closing stores and going online is quite significant.

But the really brillant move is indeed to make the 3 refundable within 7 days and 1k miles. Everybody driving it once will rather give his grandma back but not the 3. Its just that much joy you gonna miss and after a week most people emotionally won't be capable to return it even if they should.

Today is an important day for Tesla as a company as well as all us investors. That day will not be forgotten and its no overstatement to call it history in the endeavor to transform transportation to sustainability.

Tesla just moved from a premium and luxury manufacturer into a mass producer and mark my words Teslas EVs will get even lower in price from here.

There is a significant psychological effect at play here - I firmly believe that people are more likely to reach for a slightly upgraded product over a base product if they can afford the base product, even if they wouldn't have seen the upgraded product as affordable if it were the base product.

“Given that there is a lot happening in Q1, and we are taking a lot of one time charges, there are a lot of challenges getting cars to China and Europe, we do not expect to be profitable. We do think that profitability in Q2 is likely,” Musk said.

I'm glad expectations are continuing to be managed with regard to profitability. I'll hold out hope for a surprise upside, though.

I've never been bothered that my 2015 Model S got me a fraction of what I'd get at the same price today. However, I am a little annoyed that the Xmas gift Model 3 I purchased for my dad is now worth substantially less. As an investor, I like this move. Where I am puzzled is what happens to Tesla owners that paid 5k for EAP which now costs 3k. Do we at least have the option to upgrade to FSD for 3k instead of 5k? I believe someone posted that the new 3k package has a different feature set than the 5k version was meant to. It'll be interested to see how this plays out.

SR: $35k, 220mi, 130mph, 5,6s, non-PUP
SR+: $37k, 240mi, 140mph, 5,3s, partial-PUP
MR: $40k, 264mi, 140mph, 5,2s, PUP
LR: $43k, 325mi, 140mph, 5,0s, PUP
AWD: $47k, 310mi, 145mph, 4,5s, PUP
P: $48k, 310mi, 162mph, 3,2s, PUP

All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Holy.... ****

If Model Y pricing is $2-$3k over M3 with same configuration, feeding frenzy will be all over again.