Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In fact, I've never applied one to any of my cars. Ever. Until both of us got a Tesla. Now we have two white Model 3's, visually identical in every way right down to the bumper stickers:
;)

So far, my "bumper stickers" have been limited to a social justice concept ("Dreams Unite Us"). I had a "3rd car" Volvo, and Volvo would send you a nice metal badge for each 100K miles you clocked on it. By the time it hit 300K, they devolved to a sticker, which did not get applied. But I am about to put this on my new white Model S that has license OCISLVU.
upload_2020-8-20_16-17-45.png

Wait, if (according to your sig) he has a P3D with PUP and she has a 3LR, don't the spoiler, brakes, or red line give away the difference? I thought that's what the PUP included. Though your handle suggests not. What is the PUP then?

It seems like a lifetime ago but I believe the "PUP" stood for "Premium Upgrade Package" which cost extra and included some extras that they all come with now. I notice I'm showing my wifes LR RWD as also having "PUP". My Performance Model 3 is a "Stealth" version with Aero wheels and no spoiler or red brakes so it looks identical to hers. I should probably edit that because now it's confusing (since Tesla no longer markets the options the same way).

I got Jan 2022 calls last November so they were definitely available when TSLA was around $690

Here's the original post. It was Jan 2021 calls. The folks who took Green Pete up on his "not advice" have made out like bandits.

For those risk takers and options traders here. The Jan 2021 leap calls are under a $1 for a strike of $690. If FC FSD arrives and Shanghai factory outputs good numbers by the end of next year I see no reason why the price can’t explode to at least 750 giving you a 60x return. The Tesla price is always somewhat of a mystery to me but a tripling in price with everything expected over the next year isn’t entirely unreasonable to me. Not a lot of risk for a lot of reward there.

Frankly I feel like if the right things happen there’s no reason it couldn’t explode far more than triple.

Not advice. Just an opinion.

You can get a Dual-motor Cybertruck for only 25 shares plus tax and registration!

In a week it'll cost you 125 shares (give or take any share price moves). ;)

Why is this bringing back memories of S&W Green Stamps? o_O
Yeah, but I have a tri-motor reserved. By the time it ships, I’m thinking I’ll need to sell about 78 shares (SP should be at least $1K by then, right?) :D

You can get a Dual-motor Cybertruck for only 25 shares plus tax and registration!

In a week it'll cost you 125 shares (give or take any share price moves). ;)

Why is this bringing back memories of S&W Green Stamps? o_O
I recall them as S&H Green Stamps (Sperry & Hutchinson).

Question: Could a very large short purchase calls in advance of covering in order to make up their losses? Would that be a usual way to mitigate losses when covering a large short?

There's more than one way to skin a cat but it would just amount to more gambling on top of gambling. There's no free ride, they could end up in an even worse position.

The closest thing to a free ride is buying a good company for the long haul and keep a close eye on them to ensure they don't go off course.