Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm considering selling a mere 127 shares to pay for a founders edition roadster 2, and enough to cover tax. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe enough for my Cybertruck as well. Maybe. ;)

You can get a Dual-motor Cybertruck for only 25 shares plus tax and registration!

In a week it'll cost you 125 shares (give or take any share price moves). ;)

Why is this bringing back memories of S&W Green Stamps? o_O

Autonomy isn't binary. People are willing to pay for semi-autonomy too as we've seen recently.

These driver assist features get better and better every day. That eventually leads to a higher FSD take rate and/or higher price. Not even counting the effect of growing fleet (addressable market for FSD sales). There will be lots of revenue having excellent margins before full autonomy is achieved.

I think ARK is missing the point if they evaluate it as a binary question. I'm sure they'll update their model latest once subscription pricing is launched.
When it comes to evaluating TSLA for 2025, autonomy vs. non-autonomy is indeed binary. Each scenario should be considered separately. That said, Ark's forecast of ~$3,000 as the top end for TSLA without autonomy is far too low IMO.

I'm proud that our Tesla's are made in America partly because the most vocal "made in America" people are the least likely to have a positive view of Tesla. I try to be a good Tesla brand ambassador whenever my car is in public view but I really dislike bumper stickers. In fact, I've never applied one to any of my cars. Ever. Until both of us got a Tesla. Now we have two white Model 3's, visually identical in every way right down to the bumper stickers:

View attachment 578777

:)

I like to imagine some grumpy people pull up behind me and their first thought might be "Ew, is that one of those (distasteful) Teslas?" And then, as their eyes start to take it all in, they are attracted to the sticker and think "Oh, it's made in America!" Or they see it at the grocery store or trailhead in the middle of nowhere. For whatever reason, I tend to be attracted to European designs and products. But Tesla is the rare American manufacturer that makes things I like. A lot! :cool: Thanks Elon, Franz and team!

We are probably the only two Model 3's in the world that have this so if you see one of us out and about, wave or stop and say "Hi"! And for all you Canadians out there, I made sure to include a Maple leaf in the picture so you don't feel too left out! ;)
Tesla, imported from the future, made in the US, sold on planet earth.

https://twitter.com/alex_avoigt/status/1296558373354254338?s=21

05B60B22-604A-4D1B-9116-5933E3853D10.jpeg

Word.

Sorry mate, there's no 'gap' to fill today. SP opened below yesterday's Close, then ran up after the Market Opened:

View attachment 578683

A profitable swing trade would have been to rebuy at the Open: net you +1 share for every 50 shares you sold on Wednesday. But as you found out, timing the market is hard to do: you have to be right twice.

As it is, selling during an upturn is literally walking away from profit. I expect the SP to hover around $2k til the Options expiry, with the chance of another late-day runup tomorrow.

You may get a chance to rebuy on Monday morning if there is no S&P announcement over the weekend. If there is, then look out above.

Not Advice.

I was chanting it on the 1M interval bollinger charts, which I realize are not a real barometer of technicals, but always interesting to watch how tightly things trade within that range and how outliers quickly revert to the mean.

Tesla_Chart.PNG

If I interpret the Chinese HW4 rumor on face value....

HW4 = HW3(a) + MCU2(a) + ?

My guess is that HW3(a) runs the same software as HW3, but perhaps a bit faster.
Similarly MCU2(a) runs the same software as MCU2, but perhaps a bit faster.

if we look at other components a HW4 board might have - WiFi, LTE, Wiring harness interface...(WHI)

If we consider HWI the current HW3 board has individual camera lines, that isn't optimal for WHI. I imagine all camera input could come through the wiring harness. I imagine the wiring hardness as similar to an ethernet, except it provides communications and power
If camera inputs are via the wiring harness the number of cameras and the location of cameras can be varied, perhaps even varied long after the car was originally produced.

Similarly while I'm not sure exactly how this will be done, the wiring harness might enable the elimination of the 12V battery.

So possibly:-

HW4 = HW3(a) + MCU2(a) + CC + (WiFi, LTE, WHI)

CC = Car Controller - this might be needed to stitch things together under the new architecture, by allowing other chips to run unaltered software..

Of course this is simply speculation, and it could be wildly wrong, but this is closer to a literal translation of the Chinese rumor than any speculation around Dojo. Production volumes and timelines now make sense as some software development is needed after the initial hardware development. Versions of the new architecture would need to be tested in a number of cars, possibly a number of cars of each model..

January 22nd? Looking at the chart it doesn't look like the stock price reached $690 by the 22nd.

You're right - the calls that were only $0.88 each back on 9/3/19 were 1/15/21 $690 calls (now worth $1315 each!).

Looking back through my trade history, I never had any 1/22 $690 calls (so that was erroneous memory).

Reactions: jw934
I'm proud that our Tesla's are made in America partly because the most vocal "made in America" people are the least likely to have a positive view of Tesla. I try to be a good Tesla brand ambassador whenever my car is in public view but I really dislike bumper stickers. In fact, I've never applied one to any of my cars. Ever. Until both of us got a Tesla. Now we have two white Model 3's, visually identical in every way right down to the bumper stickers:

View attachment 578777

:)

I like to imagine some grumpy people pull up behind me and their first thought might be "Ew, is that one of those (distasteful) Teslas?" And then, as their eyes start to take it all in, they are attracted to the sticker and think "Oh, it's made in America!" Or they see it at the grocery store or trailhead in the middle of nowhere. For whatever reason, I tend to be attracted to European designs and products. But Tesla is the rare American manufacturer that makes things I like. A lot! :cool: Thanks Elon, Franz and team!

We are probably the only two Model 3's in the world that have this so if you see one of us out and about, wave or stop and say "Hi"! And for all you Canadians out there, I made sure to include a Maple leaf in the picture so you don't feel too left out! ;)

This has been my plate since '13 (also have solar panels):
upload_2020-8-20_15-55-27.jpeg

January 22nd? Looking at the chart it doesn't look like the stock price reached $690 by the 22nd.

I think that's a typo and should refer to January 2021 calls (I don't think 2022 strikes were available yet?). Still don't know how the F I did not get in on that -- I remember reading the damn post highlighting the calls. Sigh.