Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon's compensation package requires the company to meet certain operational goals in addition to the corresponding share price targets in order to be awarded.

In other words, simply "juicing" the share price will not unlock anything if production and revenue goals are not met.

It looks like it paid off to wait until today to balance my portfolio. Sold a bit under 15% of my TSLA this morning for $463 and $468. I fully expect these shares will be worth more in the future but this was was a good time for me to de-risk and re-balance a stock portfolio that was almost entirely TSLA. :)

That was so thoughtful of you, @StealthP3D ! Making tons of profit so that new retail investors could share in the TSLA story!! ;) Seriously, I think you were wise to diversify a bit.

In the UK public transport usage is down, and might never recover. Journeys switching from public transport to cars have more than cancelled out less commuting and shopping trips (I don't know whether shopping trips have actually decreased in the UK). So COVID-19 seems to have had little effect on car usage, and has lead to a (temporary?) surge in car buying to replace public transport.

The people using cars may have changed.

Some people probably sold their old cars due to money problems, working from home, switching to one car per family. Companies probably sold used fleet cars, ditto lease companies.

Used cars (motorbikes?) are probably in higher demand, so are bicycles and presumably electric bikes.

I don't think many new ICEs were bought compared to pre-Covid. I suspect more EV car demand than before.

I think there has been both usage and demand changes. Really hard to know details, London may have changed dramatically. I think though that ICE sales have and will fall. OEMs will have loads to sell, they will make less profit than before. As profits are often low, maybe negative anyway (relying on car parts), reducing new ICE car prices will hurt them.

Let me see if I can help things out a bit here...

upload_2020-8-31_8-50-8.jpeg

WTF are these bizarre candles I'm seeing?

View attachment 582782

My family is standing around the Tesla chart now instead of the campfire like in the "old" days.
That was showing on my Fidelity Active Trader Pro as well. When I see stuff like that it often happens after my laptop has been asleep. Usually things are re-examined correctly after you restart the app.
I closed and re-started my FATP and it was gone. <phew>

Today I saw $295... WOW!!! Nearly $2500 in the old money.