Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was so thoughtful of you, @StealthP3D ! Making tons of profit so that new retail investors could share in the TSLA story!! ;) Seriously, I think you were wise to diversify a bit.

Haha, yes! I just sold another 7% at $483 and our brokerage account is STILL well over 50% TSLA. But I think we are at a good amount of TSLA now.

A better question is what year do we expect VW or a Chinese OEM to buy Ford for pennies on the dollar.

Politicians in DC won't like it but preferable to all Ford and Ford dealer employees losing their job.
Why would a Chinese OEM or any other OEM (presumably EV makers, as ICE makers will be spiraling down along with Ford) want anything from Ford besides the name and the blue oval?

It’s not like dealerships in anything like their current form will have a viable business model in an EV dominated vehicle market. No amount of political wishing-will-it-make-so is going to change that.

Last edited:
I think if we close anywhere near where we are now, the FOMO will just intensify tomorrow. In other words newer FOMO retail players will brag to their friends and family about today's spike up, and some of said F&F will buy-in tomorrow to join the party.

If I didn't expect TSLA to get added to S&P 500 during the September rebalance and Battery Day wasn't coming up on 9/22, I think I would be selling 10% of our holdings at this level to lock in some huge $467/share gains in one of our non-taxable accounts - hoping to buy back additional shares during the next opportunity if any. The way things are going, we might be at $550 by Battery Day! It is only +15% from here in 3 weeks LOL.

I know these are somewhat personalized, but this is the first time I've seen "TSLA" the stock symbol trending on Twitter:

Screenshot from 2020-08-31 11-59-50.png

Just crossed the multi-Teslanaire line. I don't know if it will hold but it feels so good right now.

The journey from March 19 to being furloughed to today cannot be put into words. Very hard to contain myself. Good thing my wife is not in the house.
I'd love to be able to see the look on her face as she, expecting bad news, hears you say "Honey, have a seat. I've got something to tell you..." :)

Why would a Chinese OEM or any other OEM (presumably EV makers, as ICE makers will be spiraling down along with Ford) want anything from Ford besides the name and the blue oval?

You might not be so dismissive if you knew Ford had patented using an 8-ball as the handle on the gear shift lever! /s

Popular trading platforms TD Ameritrade, Robinhood, others face outages as Tesla and Apple stocks split

RH apparently has issues as well as many others.

also the site that someone generously pointed out earlier may provide some insight
Downdetector

It does seem rather incredible that so many established platforms could be experiencing trouble executing a rather mundane stock split. To me, it lends some credence to the naked short selling theory - these platforms have tried to reconcile the stock after the split and something weird probably turned up.

DO you have the Schwab street smart edge application?

I never bothered to even try out the Schwab Street Smart trading application because their standard brokerage account software works fine for my style of buy/hold investing. It has been working flawlessly today and my orders were clearing basically instantly and with good prices.