Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got burnt extra crispy last time I tried that on Tesla.
That makes no sense. How? You absolutely want to sell right now for $500 a share. $500 is your number.

Someone is willing to pay you right now $17 for each share at a 100 shares batch to have the right to buy them from you at that price Friday..

You are losing the $1700 bonus. Unless you really don't want to sell at $500. Sounds more like you expect the price to be much higher Friday not that you actually want to sell your shares.

I'm so disappointed whenever one of you all post your gains.

I used to have 1 million in Tesla. 900k own money, 100k loan. So Tesla was 111% of my net worth (no house, no car, no nothing)

Now I have 3 million in Tesla. 2900k own money, 100k loan. Tesla is now despite everything only 103% of my net worth.

This isn't fair. Some of you have seen your Tesla investment grow so much. Doesn't matter what I do I just can't get my percentage up. I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: I guess I should say that the numbers are not USD unfortunately.

Last edited:
Looks like ToS updated the GTC orders well.

I had GTC orders set for 2999, 3999 and 4999 - they all converted as expected

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-31_14-2-22.png
    upload_2020-8-31_14-2-22.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 55
Haha, yes! I just sold another 7% at $483 and our brokerage account is STILL well over 50% TSLA. But I think we are at a good amount of TSLA now.
I’m roughly in line. Sold some at 440, 480 and 495 today. In addition, if my few covered calls trigger before Sep. 18th at 500, 550 and 600, I will have sold 25% of my Tesla position, but at $600 / share, I would still have roughly 2/3 of my total net worth in Tesla,

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Popular trading platforms TD Ameritrade, Robinhood, others face outages as Tesla and Apple stocks split

RH apparently has issues as well as many others.

also the site that someone generously pointed out earlier may provide some insight
Downdetector
Again I have had no new issues with Robinhood today than any other high volume day. All my options were calculated correctly and I have been able to trade any way I want all day. Typical per RH the desktop site has issues but the platform has always been meant to be an APP platform. The desktop is a bonus. Much better than the other places that simply are not working.

Mind you RH has had major issues in the past except for one big catch over the others..... I don't pay fees for crashed servers so it is hard to complain about when it's free to me. Robinhood reimbursed me for the day I could not trade when I emailed the help desk and showed them what trade I missed out with options I held and wanted to sell.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
Yes! This is exactly me right now. You kind of adjust to a certain low cost lifestyle, working like crazy, saving, and frugality your whole life and it’s just natural to see a number, smile, and carry on with said normality of life.
Heck, I wouldn’t even know what to do with myself if I went to the store and bought name brand toilet paper let alone give myself full range of my TSLA gains.
yeah, one thing TSLA gives "us poor folks" is a reduction in the fear of uncertainty considering financial worries. Like if I cashed out now I would not worry about transportation or a place to live for the rest of my life.
My wife never had a penny, she always rented, had credit card bills. We got married 2 years ago. When she saw I had $50k she wondered what we could spend it on. I got her to understand that having money makes you feel better than spending money if you don't have a lot.

And on topic...100,000,000 shares traded in a day sounds HUGE, even for a penny stock.

It does seem rather incredible that so many established platforms could be experiencing trouble executing a rather mundane stock split. To me, it lends some credence to the naked short selling theory - these platforms have tried to reconcile the stock after the split and something weird probably turned up.
Lol, you really think DOJO is designed to learn how to best navigate TRAFFIC?! :p

TSLA $495.40 +11.90%

TSLA oscillating around the Upper-BB for the last few hours. Push up in the last half hour as MMs scramble to buy shares to cover their Wed, Sep 2nd T+2 day share stettlement obligations.

EDIT: Upper-BB looks to open at around $520 tomorrow morning. Let's see how much more 'covering' the MMs still have to do. Based on the late day run up today, I'd say they're still scrambling for shares (15:30 hrs Chart below)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-08-31.15-30.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
But the average volume only ~72M. So we are only part way through the day and we have surpassed the average trading volume already.
My rationale is, since volume is not as high as 2/4 and 7/13, the 2 notorious swing days in recent TSLA history, I'm comfortable with my thesis that it's not momentum traders that are driving the price up. I like an organic rally.