Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, one thing TSLA gives "us poor folks" is a reduction in the fear of uncertainty considering financial worries. Like if I cashed out now I would not worry about transportation or a place to live for the rest of my life.
My wife never had a penny, she always rented, had credit card bills. We got married 2 years ago. When she saw I had $50k she wondered what we could spend it on. I got her to understand that having money makes you feel better than spending money if you don't have a lot.

And on topic...100,000,000 shares traded in a day sounds HUGE, even for a penny stock.
My wife never had a penny, she always rented, had credit card bills. We got married 2 years ago. When she saw I had $50k she wondered what we could spend it on. - And you still married her???? :) j/k....my wife is the same way...luckily she is clueless when it comes to finances and how much I (i mean we) have amassed.

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal and CarlS
It's weird...I am so much more wealthy than I thought imaginable at this point in time and yet I feel nothing. If I were to pull cash out I don't even know what I would do with it.
OT...
Give some away, donate stuff too. People are hurting. Best effect if done in person. Go hand some homeless a $20 or a $100. If it feels good do it again. Never ever judge the person's intentions. Don't even wait for them to ask for help. Just do it randomly, not hard.

And Tip really well too - OMG, that really helps the food quality! Restaurants in pain.

To be fair I had used the premiums on sold Sept 18 calls to buy (well at the time buy most of the cost of with a little of my own $ added) later calls at the same strike because I expected the price to continue to rise, but not QUITE so quickly...

So I mean net, I'm still up on the whole deal...

In fact looking at the math right now if I'd bought 1 share (which was about the amount I could've bought with the $ I had to throw in above the earned premium) per option instead of the options, I'd be up right now about $215 total per (presplit) share bought rather than buying 1 (presplit) call option (deferred cost via the sale of 1 shorter expiration call option each too)

Versus my still being up, even after eating the cost to buy to close the earlier calls, a bit over $1000 per option if I sold to close the later dated calls today.

So I'm still up more than I would've been just buying shares... just not AS much as if it'd not risen quite so fast.

Dunno that making more, even getting something wrong, when the price rises is all that bearish... it's just not as profitable as getting every bit right.
This is the wrong comparison. What if you'd invested that cash into buying a call?

• Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
When the Share price goes up $5/share and stays there? That's another investor coming in getting some of what they want? Or is it a Short seller settling up? I don't mean when the SP just touches a price point. I mean when it holds that price for minutes, sometimes hours?
Your F5 key is broke......:)

My wife never had a penny, she always rented, had credit card bills. We got married 2 years ago. When she saw I had $50k she wondered what we could spend it on. - And you still married her???? :) j/k....my wife is the same way...luckily she is clueless when it comes to finances and how much I (i mean we) have amassed.

Q. What's a successful man?
A. One who makes more $$$ than his wife can spend.
Q. What's a successful woman?
A. One who can find such a husband.

OT...
Give some away, donate stuff too. People are hurting. Best effect if done in person. Go hand some homeless a $20 or a $100. If it feels good do it again. Never ever judge the person's intentions. Don't even wait for them to ask for help. Just do it randomly, not hard.

And Tip really well too - OMG, that really helps the food quality! Restaurants in pain.
I had this conversation with myself recently. I always do some charity. So far I've not let myself "feel" the wealth increase, but have decided to substantially increase my giving.

I'm also going to spend a little chunk of my play money and rent a large beach house for my extended family in the near term. Most of my family take vacations once a decade so it will be a nice treat. Plus not sure how much longer my grandma has...

OT...

My game, and I encourage those of you who want to help others to try something similar.
First I cannot give to a large organization. I do give. I just will never pay someone else to give someone else the money I give them.
For 20 years now I have done this...
I go to McD's on the poor side of town before 8 or 9 o'clock on a Saturday morning. It is easy to spot a hardworking mother with two kids trying to get some warm food in them before she drops them off with a relative. The kids won't have designer outfits, they'll be clean. And more often than not, well-behaved. You can pick-up on the stress from Momma. She's got to go to work at Wal-mart, and it is the shopping season.
One time the two kids got up to get a refill from the soda machine. They were just five to seven yrs old. I heard Momma say, "Do not get coke. Orange drink only."
Well the little boy put some coke in his cup and drank it at the station while his sister told him he shouldn't. She was miserable about it. She wanted some coke too. But she just got Orange. Momma was too busy talking to her Momma to catch him.
I am Santa's Helper. And I saw it.
After the kids sat down I walked over to the table and introduced myself as Santa's Helper. I was in charge of watching to see who was naughty and nice, and I was there to give $XX to the Mother of the little girl so she could have something extra under the tree because she did not get coke when her Mother told her not to.
But most of the time I'll just tell a mom how awesome her kids are, and hand her some cash for Xmas.
Then I don't have the deep pockets so many of you all have. maybe it is best you pay someone to give your money away.

I once told my team in 2014 that one day tesla would hit $500. I never thought it would do that so soon after a 5/1 split. This is simply the transition to a new world. All the wealth accumulated in non-sustainable energy and transportation is now increasingly, before our very eyes, shifting to Tesla. No competition over the next 3 to 5 years will result in multiple trillions of net worth. I for one am enjoying the clean fresh air, water and blue skies of this transition.

it’s generally easier for brokers to cancel o/s gtc’s when stock is going through a corp action event, rather than code to adjust all the orders instead
It shouldn't be. They just have to perform an action on each specific type of entry--same as if they are cancelling the GTC order. It's really a one liner SQL statement.

What Ford missed is that the nickel-metal hydride batteries relied on patents from Texaco who forbade them to be used in vehicles (with the Toyota exception for the Prius and even then limited battery size). Other than that, batteries are basically just chemical containers and the chemicals can be changed without a lot of alteration to the manufacturing equipment.

Again the retail investors are buying a lot of shares today.